Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 12-07-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the status of Haynesworth, Landry, Rodgers for Sunday?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
I agree with you but there are too many egos involved, Shanny & Danny, to go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Yup Shanny isn't here to rebuild, major conflict of interest given we have the oldest and least young talented roster in the league.
I agree and this is why being a fan of this team sickens me. We are just stuck in purgatory forever
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Whats the status of Haynesworth, Landry, Rodgers for Sunday?
Landry is practicing this week supposedly and hopeful to play. Rogers thinks he will be doubtful...and who the hell knows with Big Al. Id guess he plays.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

haynesworth unlikely to play again for the skins.

suspended for the last 4 games and fined.

they should have enough evidence to get back some of that bonus,Shanny has played a shrewd hand here.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Smartest thing to have done would have been to trade him in the offseason for a high draft pick.

At this point the Redskins won't get anything in return when they inevitably release him.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Smartest thing to have done would have been to trade him in the offseason for a high draft pick.

At this point the Redskins won't get anything in return when they inevitably release him.
Last offseason, yes I wanted them to...but no one was trading a high draft pick for Fat Albert this offseason. This was all they could do at this point
Old 12-12-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Another gut wrenching loss today.
1. I was reading on the Bucs side of this site that they felt the Skins got 5 downs to get that TD. After looking at replays on NFL.com I think Armstrong caught the pass for the first down. Also if the incomplete pass to Davis was 4th down why weren't the Bucs celebrating and the offense coming on to the field. There was some confusion but I think the refs were correct.
2. I shouldn't be upset at all the holding non-calls on Orakpo but that holding on the Bucs TD pass was baltant. That being said the Skins failed in so many ways today that they would have found a way to lose that game regardless.

3. Looks like we are on our way to a top 10 pick, again. *Sigh*
Old 12-12-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didn't watch the game today... read a few recaps... sounds ******.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

facepalm..

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Green is slowly creeping into the picture with losses like this...

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hoping for another year when we drafted orakpo. where a guy falls to us who really shouldnt have. (aj green pleeeaassse)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

The skins are just comical to me at this point. I laughed my ass off on the missed PAT haha...they just invent ways to lose...its impressive really

They won't win another game
Old 12-13-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
The skins are just comical to me at this point. I laughed my ass off on the missed PAT haha...they just invent ways to lose...its impressive really

They won't win another game
I think they beat dallas.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A.J. Green in DC would make me all sorts of happy in the pants.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
A.J. Green in DC would make me all sorts of happy in the pants.
Co-sign. Hell if we have a top 7 pick or so we have to go BPA, even Patrick Peterson would make sense for us. Us for yesterday funny enough I already knew we were going to block the extra point but I thought it would be Gano, but damn the snap that's embarassing. BTW Gano better have been cut. Horrendous kicker. Missed from 34 and 25, almost missed from 24 and an extra point. You don't miss 10 kicks in a season and keep your job unless you are an established vet, and even then it can get cloudy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PP wouldn't be a bad pick, I like Amukamara better myself, he's the more sure fire lockdown corner imo. PP I would move to safety.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
I think they beat dallas.
No way...they won't pull a sweep off in Dallas
Old 12-13-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

By the way, Gano is 22/32 this year - 69%. That is the worst percentage of any regular kicker in the NFL this year by 4%...The skins have the most missed FG's in the league...what a surprise

Its time to cut him
Old 12-13-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

epic facepalm by skins special teams. 2 short missed fgs and a botched extra point....good to see torrain run hard and have some holes open up. obviously the holding on orakpo was ridiculous all game. shanahan said "orakpo wasnt held, he was mugged"
Old 12-13-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course though with a top 10 pick the possibility of Shanny hand picking his QB of the future is very likely regardless of if we cut Mcnabb. Mcnabb is basically a 2-3 stop gap at best so yeah I'd definitely consider QB. Obviously Andrew Luck is out of range but it will be interesting to see if we go QB who will it be. Locker seems to be the guy Shanny would like the most and I wouldn't mind getting him. My personal fave would be Cam but that's only if Mcnabb stays because I wouldnt' be in favor of drafting Cam and starting him right away. Mallett I love the huge arm and quick release but there is something about his gunslinging mentality which leads me to believe he'll be a high INT guy like Cutler. Really though I wouldn't mind drafting any of the 3. Then again right now we'd have the 8th pick but considering we are likely to lose the rest of our games we could easily have a top 5 pick and maybe trade up to #1 and get Luck if a team like the Lions has #1 overall.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

i dont think that shanahan will like mallets complete lack of mobility. sure locker has some upside and potential but he scares the crap out of me at the same time. other than luck, newtons the only other one that id be comfortable taking in the top half of the first round for our current offense (he says praying for some stability...) of course id lean towards aj green, a stud dlineman, or one of the top two corners but cam would work too if thats the decision they made.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some in the DC area have been saying to stick with Gano. He's got great potential they say. Given that the Redskins aren't going anywhere, might as well stick with him the rest of the year. But rarely does a kicker turn it around so suddenly, a few exceptions here and there like David Akers. Fact is, a lot of the best college kickers/punters amount to nothing in the NFL.

Same was said for Durant Brooks. Cut early in his first season. He had loads of potential too, and where is he now? Some kickers/punters just don't have that mental factor. Don't think Gano does, but I could be wrong.

As for QB, I suggest waiting it out to get a guy in a later round like Ponder, Enderle or McElroy. Guarantee McElroy and Enderle turn out to be steals.

PS - Landry put on IR.

Last edited by NotRickJames : 12-14-2010 at 02:11 AM.
NotRickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Considering we don't have 3rd and 4th round picks unless we take a QB with our first rounder I don't want to take one at all unless it's a 7th round flier but we would be better off flirting with an UDFA. The worst thing we can do is use our 2nd rounder on a QB like say Ponder. IMO no one outside of the big 4 is worth drafting for us before round 5.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Is there a harder roster in the league to rebuild for longterm sustained success (when taking upcoming number of draft picks into account also) than the Skins? If there is, I can't think of one.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

nope. i agree. we need youth and talent almost everywhere. the only real foundations we have worth much are landry, trent williams, and orakpo. dhall isnt on their level but hes young and here for a while so you can add him too. probably cooley also but thats it.