Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 09-28-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my Skins rant, and yeah no paragraphs or line breaks damnit!

I'm not going to lie I'm pretty fcking pissed right now. Look I know Shanny's a great coach, but he is so damn hard headed. He goes on these massive ego trips to the detriment of the team. It's like we've done a complete 180 in one year. One extreme to another. We went from having a head coach with no ego who let his players walk all over him and disrespect him, to a coach who has such a massive ego and it’s his way no matter what. I mean Haslett deserves a share in the blame but this switch to the 34 has been embarrassing. Ok look I understand that Shanny and Haslett have secure jobs for a while but they are absolutely neglecting the present. I understand that you want to build for the future, and I wouldn’t mind multiple 34 looks, but to be doing it full time like we have is a flat out joke. It’s like they don’t care about this year all they care about is building their system for the future. The fact is we don’t have the personnel to run a 3-4. You have to find some balance between installing for the future and staying competitive for the present. I never expected us to be in the playoffs, but I did expect us to win at least 7 games with our roster. Shanny might not care about this year and great if we get a high pick, but this fan base deserves better results. I don’t get it we have been a top 10 defense in the NFL the past 4 or 5 seasons. Last year we were the 4th ranked defense in the NFL with basically the same personnel. Yet somehow we are now the last ranked defense in the NFL and this is despite Landry and Deangelo Hall playing at higher levels than they ever have for us. I’ve tried picking out certain guys who have been horrible to give us the poor results we have had, but really I can’t pick out anyone. Doughty wasn’t even that bad. The point is it isn’t the failure of the players necessarily, it’s the failure of the system. It is outrageous how you can change up an entire defense when not a single player fit’s the system. Our D-line of Carriker/Golston/Kemo, is horrific. That is the kind of lineup which on a real team would be a nice rotational group off the bench. These guys are getting blocked by one blocker which is a joke in a 34. When Haynesworth is there he just shoots a gap and basically leaves a huge hole where he should be clogging blocks. Then comes to our linebackers. None of our backers other than Orakpo are fit for a 34 and even Orakpo is still a work in process when he’s not rushing the passer. Lorenzo Alexander and Andre Carter God bless their souls for playing hard, but they aren’t meant to play in space. Even London Fletcher and McIntosh are contributing to our failures. They still make plays but they simply aren’t the thumpers you need from a 34 ILB especially when your D-line sucks and you have no protection. It’s so sad to see Fletcher getting engulfed by double team blocks from O-lineman. He’s never been hurt in his career yet I fear this year may be the first. Lastly the secondary, we have a bunch of skilled playmakers but we suck when a play is extended. The lack of pass rush from the 34 is really quite troubling. This defense reminds me of the 05 Ravens who went 6-10 and we started to question if Ray Lewis was washed up. We simply don’t have the pieces in tact. I don’t get it, if it aint broke why fix it. In previous seasons we’ve always had a good defense but it was our lack of big plays on offense that has held us back. Figures that now that we finally have a playmaking QB, our defense blows. I can understand the Texans running all over us although 497 yards passing to an opposing QB is never acceptable, but 30 points to the Rams with a rookie QB and missing their only relevant offensive player in Steven Jackson, what the hell is that. That’s like Alabama letting UVA score 40 on them. The sad thing is how well our players fit into a traditional 43 defense. I don't even think our Dallas performance was as impressive as some people think. If anything I think that was Dallas just playing way too jumpy. They played conservative and forced plays instead of letting them develop.I mentioned how piss poor our D-line is but a 43 line of Andre Cater/Albert Haynesworth/Kedric Golston/Phillip Daniels and Orakpo on pass downs is damn good. London Fletcher and Rocky McIntosh are pro bowl caliber players at their respective positions yet as 34 ILB’s are simply mediocre and unable to take on multiple blocks. I’m really tired of this crap. Oh and one last point it sickens me to see the media criticize Portis for his slide and say that his fear of contact is a tone setter for the team. Are you fcking kidding me? This is the same Portis who lit up Demarcus Ware and Mario Williams in pass protection. The guy is not afraid of contact. The fact is that on that play Portis did the smart thing. He already got 20+ yards on the run and he saw 3 guys coming up on him. Lets be honest even Portis knows that he doesn’t have the speed anymore to break away. Is it really worth getting sandwiched for an extra 3 yards especially given his injury history and the teams lack of depth at the position. Furthermore lets not forget Santana Moss had just given up 7 points by getting the ball knocked away from behind. Portis knew the guy behind him was coming faster than he can run so he didn’t risk the turnover. The sad part is that this slide seems to be the reason for his 2nd half benching. I’m sorry but Portis had 46 yards on 6 carries. If he’s feeling that good you have to keep feeding him. Games like that are what build confidence and rhythm, we just about killed that. You know what Torrain did do well but you don’t bench your #1 back when he’s running well for the first time all season. And again hearing Shanny talk about the situation makes me want to cut his throat. How can he say with a straight face that his plan has always been to make CP the 3rd down back and have Torrain in on first down because of his explosion. If he was so fcking high on Torrain why the hell was he on the practice squad behind Larry Johnson and Keiland Williams? Another comment that really makes you wonder where Shanny’s head is. And for Shanny’s reasoning all of Portis’s runs were on first and second down. And I laugh at him saying that he isn’t benching Portis but wanted to give him some breaks between his runs. He had 7 fcking carries! He had one carry after the first quarter which he ripped I take huge issue to this and I’m not even a massive Portis fan. Maybe I’m overreacting after 3 games, but I don’t like what I’m seeing so far especially from the coaching staff. Don’t get me started on Devin Thomas not seeing a single snap at WR even though Anthony Armstrong was out and Joey Galloway and Roydell Williams have like 1 catch each this year.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 09-28-2010 at 01:08 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i havent read it all yet strip and i promise i will but i will say that our nickle formations and dime packages are giving up a lot more big plays than our base 3-4. with that said, i obviously agree the right pieces arent there for a successful 3-4.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow strip I almost **** a brick when I saw that huge block of text lol.

I agree the 34 doesn't fit these guys but whatever, we weren't going to compete this year anyway.

They are going to do a lot more housecleaning next offseason as well. The cold hard fact is that it is going to take awhile to overcome the years and years of damage done to the team by Snyder/Cerrato.

I'm ready for it to be next year already.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with what you had to say in regards to the 34 d. 34 looks mixed in would have been ideal but, it is how it is... hopefully haynesworth changes his attitude or we trade for somebody who fits better.

I wasn't totally onboard with mcnabb for a 2nd but after watching the last few games, it's amazing how much better he is than cambell, i guess i just used to poor qb play.

I don't think anyone will disagree with me when i say we are a team on the rise and despite the horrific let down at STL this is a team that's only going to get better.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:17 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

The players have not brought into the 3-4 totally from the comments i have heard from them so its going to get painful for a while.

What p*sses me off is haslett saying in the off-season that they are NOT going to use andre carter like he was used in san fran in the 3-4 and look what has happened to him.(can you see vick running by him this weekend?)

Carter/golston/haynesworth/kemo/rocky are just not good fits here BUT i dont think our secondary is that good in a 3-4 OR a 4-3.
Rogers,hall need to be upgraded and a free safety brought in.
Moore/doughty and horton are fine for depth/rotation.

Its gonna take years for it to be fixed BUT haslett has never improved a defense when at pittsburgh or st. louis and if you look at shanny's track record he fires def co's FAST.

McNabb has not signed a long term contract,if we are re-building why would he want to?
The skins franchise tag him and he moves on to a better team.
One question for all of you,if next year a lock-out looms large(no c.b.a.) why would owners want to sign any free agents if they are not going to play a full season?
Cant reload with just the draft.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Yeah, switching to the 3-4 was the dumbest thing the Redskins did this offseason. The defense has has so many solid 4-3 players like London Fletcher, Andre Carter, Albert Haynesworth and Brian Orakpo that it almost seems like a crime that they are being wasted in a 3-4 scheme that exposes their deficiencies and minimizes their strengths.

Honestly, if they still ran the 4-3 with Haynesworth at DT, and Carter/Orakpo as DEs, and Fletcher as MLB, I think the Skins have a top 10 defense this year and win the division. The switch to the 3-4 is single-handedly going to ruin their playoff hopes for 2010, in my opinion.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea boyyysss!!!! 2-0 in the division. no one is running away with this division. definitely wasnt pretty today but damn glad we pulled it out. ill post full game thoughts tomorrow.

one things for sure. if heyer has to start another game this year i may shoot myself.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I don't like the new 3-4, at least we are finally coming up with some turnovers. **** Carlos Rogers.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugly win but I'll take it. And for the love of god can we please....CUT HEYER.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:21 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Ugly win but I'll take it. And for the love of god can we please....CUT HEYER.
Might as well cut that POS Heyer even with Trent Williams out. Move Jamaal to LT and take Dockery's ass off the bench and put him at RT. Or put him at RG and move Hicks to RT.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

A game of inches?

Vick makes it across the goal-line and the eagles get an early TD.
Instead he is part of a redskin sandwich and his day is done.

Interesting that haslett took away the threat of maclin/desean and it took philly far too long to put up points.
Fantastic first half,very poor offensively second half(bit like the texans game).

By the way,the last time we beat the packers was back in 1988.
True we havent played them much(thank God)but this must be the longest losing streak, in years,against an nfl team the skins have.
They are looking a bit shaky at the moment.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Aaron Rodgers is going to light us up Schaub style. I guess the only reason I won't be totally depressed on Sunday is that I have Rodgers on my work league in fantasy football, lol. Expect Rodgers to throw a butt load of times with zero threat of a rushing attack.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
A game of inches?

Vick makes it across the goal-line and the eagles get an early TD.
Instead he is part of a redskin sandwich and his day is done.
even if he got across the goal line it wouldnt have mattered. there was a holding penalty. orakpo has to be in the top 5 in the league for holding penalties against.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, every play I watch now opposing tackles are strangling Orakpo just like Barron did.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

Portis out for 4-6 weeks.
Not good,let's see if torain can handle the workload.
Anyone think Portis will make the team next year with his costly salary?
Dont think he can beat Riggos career rushing record as a skin which will be a shame.

Randy Moss to the vikes,r.b Lynch to the seahawks=does this clear the way for vincent Jackson to come to the skins.
Watch this space.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Good god this is a nightmare. Torrain has never been healthy and we dont' even know how good he can be when he gets around the 20 carry mark. Jeezus who is behind him Chad Simpson?

Old 10-06-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

we need to sign or trade for someone. we cannot roll with just torrain.

im assuming they will bring up k. williams to the active roster but that gives me no more security...

what about a 6th or something for slaton?? hes averaging 5.5 ypc on his limited touches this year and with foster killing it, he isnt going to get any more playing time there. he knows the offense and has had success with kyle in the past.

who else would be available? bernard scott or mcgahee?

Last edited by DiG : 10-06-2010 at 03:57 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Lets not forget Portis might have saved Donny at least a half dozen times this year from a massive hit with his pass protection. Torrain sucks in pass protection and Simpson I haven't seen in pass protection but he's skinny as hell and looks just like a returner and receiving back. Kinda wish we knew the news a few days earlier and made a play for Marshawn. God now our backs are even worst than our receivers as hard as that is to believe. I swear do God I will hit someone if we bring back Larry Johnson.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we got torain, williams, simpson and just signed javarris james to the ps. good lord.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'd give a mid-late round pick for Steve Slaton or Jerome Harrison. I think we'll bring in Julius Jones and maybe sign him.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop saying these things! I need Torrain to carry my fantasy team to victory!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Stop saying these things! I need Torrain to carry my fantasy team to victory!
shanahan says torrain is one of the best rbs in the nfl...yet somehow 31 teams let him go through waivers
Old 10-06-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

If we had an average passing game I could see Torrain putting up some pretty big numbers. However, we have Anthony Armstrong and Galloway, yea.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

I've got faith in Torain, he's a much better runner than CP at this point, lets be honest.

Also, Devin Thomas just got cut lol. I know some of you guys liked him, but dude could never even get on the field with Zorn either. He wasn't good and is a bust, plain and simple. Thanks again Vinny!
Old 10-09-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

funny how kelly is still chillin on the IR.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote