Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who will be the next team to make the BCS title game?
Auburn 5 8.33%
Boise State 21 35.00%
Georgia 3 5.00%
Michigan 5 8.33%
Notre Dame 3 5.00%
Oregon 7 11.67%
Penn State 9 15.00%
TCU 2 3.33%
Utah 0 0%
Other (name who) 5 8.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I'm a big proponent of what Kelly is doing over there in Oregon, and although I'm not necessitating that they reach the title game this year or even the next, it's going to happen in due time. Nonetheless, October 30th @ the Coliseum could potentially be a very important date, as I see it. It's going to be a very interesting rivalry to follow over the years to see two of the greater young offensive minds in college football duke it out. Hopefully we'll pull through more often than not.
Recruiting a bunch of thugs and criminals is an effective way to build a program quickly, unless of course they get caught... if not for that, Oregon would be an easy choice.

As it is, I'll say North Carolina if Butch Davis can recruit himself an offense. Outside of Miami and Virginia Tech, there just is not much standing in UNC's way of making a championship run.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this year is auburns if they can get it right.
-4 senior o lineman
-dual threat in gus malzahns offense. (huge)
-depth on the defense (which costed them majority of losses last year)
-whole coaching staff coming back.

they were a couple shady calls away from beating bama last year. im highly conifident in them this year... next year is totally different.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I love Boise, and I'd say them easily, but I don't see them beating VT this year. And that'll probably be their only loss, and enough to keep them out of any hope for the title game, and quite possibly enough to keep them out of the BCS altogether. I hope I'm wrong...hope hope hope it.

I went with TCU on that list. Great defense and run game gets you far, even in this era of pass happy spread offenses in the college game. While I think either TCU or Boise could stand toe to toe with any program in the country right now and have a shot, I like TCU's chances in a close game a little more than Boise's thanks to their defense.

So, with me thinking that Boise will go down vs. VT (not that I think VT is insanely good or anything, I just think they'll win that particular game this year,) I'm going with TCU. I favor them over anyone on their schedule, and while Oregon State isn't the worst team in the world, I think TCU is outright better and will win that one, which is the hardest ooc game they have. They'll go on to crush their division and work their way into top 2 consideration on an undefeated season this year and their history of success the past few seasons.
Yeah, I'll hoping for the upset.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Recruiting a bunch of thugs and criminals is an effective way to build a program quickly, unless of course they get caught... if not for that, Oregon would be an easy choice.

As it is, I'll say North Carolina if Butch Davis can recruit himself an offense. Outside of Miami and Virginia Tech, there just is not much standing in UNC's way of making a championship run.
Florida State and Clemson are recruiting just as well as North Carolina, and for all the talk about Butch Davis being a good coach, I'm not really sure why.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Who's gonna be QB'in at Penn State?
Uhh.... I forget to elaborate on the "when" aspect of my answer.

Damn it.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oh really?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Oh really?
That's the spirit, Florida State. Don't let that 7-6 record, the 6th place finish in the ACC, or the overall crapification of your program get you down. You'll show them all who's boss this year.

Look out, Samford!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'll take FSU getting to a National Championship before NC every day of the week.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yea I'll take FSU getting to a National Championship before NC every day of the week.
UNC's legit until Paul leaves for the SEC.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missouri Tigers because I am a homer.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's the spirit, Florida State. Don't let that 7-6 record, the 6th place finish in the ACC, or the overall crapification of your program get you down. You'll show them all who's boss this year.

Look out, Samford!
I believe Christian Ponder butt-raped that defense to the tune of 33-40 for 395 and 3 tds. And they were the #1 pass defense in the country at the time. No one is scared of North Carolina. Your only offense is your defense. It won't be pretty in Doak this year.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voted Other.

I really like Penn St. & Boise St. with a hot QB & that weird blue field is the sexy pick here, yet I think the Iowa program with Ferentz has consistently recruited incredible NFL-quality talent there & underachieved, maybe with Dick Stanzi healthy & some experience they could be due to at least make the Big 10 CG & & if they beat the Luckeyes they could be in the BCS Big Show. With Sweatervest & his big game choke rcd, that's the team you want to draw in a championship on the line game
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, big game choke record.. because no school in the history of the world ever lost 3 straight bowl games...

jesus ******* christ.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:50 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Voted Other.

I really like Penn St. & Boise St. with a hot QB & that weird blue field is the sexy pick here, yet I think the Iowa program with Ferentz has consistently recruited incredible NFL-quality talent there & underachieved, maybe with Dick Stanzi healthy & some experience they could be due to at least make the Big 10 CG & & if they beat the Luckeyes they could be in the BCS Big Show. With Sweatervest & his big game choke rcd, that's the team you want to draw in a championship on the line game

Old 05-26-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
hahaha I just came

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Boise and I think it will be this year. IMO Boise is better than Virginia Tech who they open up with, and I doubt they have a spread that is under 10-15 the rest of the year. An undefeated season combined with a top 5 pre-season ranking makes for a hard team for the BCS to turn their back on.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This almost worked for Bill Snyder the first time around at KSU.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
An undefeated season combined with a top 5 pre-season ranking makes for a hard team for the BCS to turn their back on.
All it would take is two BCS teams going undefeated.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
This almost worked for Bill Snyder the first time around at KSU.
Worked for Rich Rodriguez at West Virginia long enough to get the Michigan job, while it's been a disaster at Michigan State for Dantonio
Old 05-26-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
All it would take is two BCS teams going undefeated.
And that will happen, right, Texas and Alabama?

I'm getting sick of this. I want a tournament, and I want it now.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

619, Apriori, Malaka, Todd Bertuzzi, critsey, and myself would like to say...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

High Fives all around mates! Screw you Boise! Whoooooooooooooooooooo!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Good find.

I voted for da Penn State. :(

Old 12-05-2010, 04:03 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
This is why I voted Penn State. Oregon is also in a very similar situation. The quality of the teams in the Pac-10 has gone down in the last couple years. We don't know if USC will be able to maintain their level without Carroll. If they stay ahead of USC for another year or two, they have a legitimate shot at making the NC.
Do I get at least half a high five? Maybe just a first bump. Looking back I don't know why I voted for PSU over Oregon. I seemed to be pretty high on Oregon there. It's odd that I voted PSU considering at no point over the past two years have I ever thought Penn State was better than Oregon. I blame BF51. He can be very persuasive ;)
Old 12-05-2010, 04:24 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't around in May or at least not that much. So was it wrong I just voted Auburn a minute ago to make myself look right? Unethical maybe, but I am awesome!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a game away from being right. Sorry, Horned Frogs.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote