Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-01-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Ummm, yeah. A&M is for sure leaving. You don't put on a condom unless you're ready to ****.
I'm sure it's very likely, but it's not a done deal yet.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oklahoma's president dropped a bomb today
http://t.co/cZRg0Xk

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's weird because A&M hasn't even left the Big 12 yet.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't hate getting Oklahoma in the Big Ten, but I don't think it would happen. Oklahoma doesn't seem like a true fit to me anywhere except the Big 12, but it looks like thats gonna collapse.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That's weird because A&M hasn't even left the Big 12 yet.
I think this tells you that they are. And there won't be a conference in the country vying for Oklahoma. Would love to have them in the Big Ten of course!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, being sarcastic again, scroll back up.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put money on Oklahoma going to the Pac12 with Okie St.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-03-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be my bet. I really just don't see them as a fit in the Big Ten or SEC. Short of forming a new conference and leaving Texas out, the Pac 12 seems to be their best move.

I'd love to add Oklahoma, but I'm satified with adding Nebraska and getting us a conference title game.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are rumors of Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State going to PAC 12 true?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Derp. Wrong thread.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Sorry, being sarcastic again, scroll back up.
You mean to see where I said it's very likely?

Everyone around here is saying OU is going to the Pac12.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 09-04-2011 at 02:48 AM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...at-delays-move

A&M accepted, only a matter of time till they get around Baylor's legal stuff.

14th team to SEC attractive candidates listed as West Virginia, North Carolina, and Missouri. I get Missouri because of the Big 12 collapse, but I think theres much better options to steal out of the ACC than those choices.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...tgers-swofford

Also, ACC denies reports that they're linked to UConn, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Texas. Now Texas obviously won't happen, but adding those other 3 schools plus one more could be possible for the ACC. Adds to the NE market, and brings in New York and New Jersey, while adding quality basketball programs. This article also says Virginia Tech is an SEC target.

Next month or so should be interesting. If the SEC doesn't have its 14th member by then it probably won't have them on time for the 2012 season. If the Big 12 teams want to make a move to another conference by next year that will also need to happen in the next month.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't the SEC going to be to strong of a conference? I know the almighty dollars talk but some teams that are going to the SC now will probably never compete for a national title. It just seems like there is to much talent there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Florida State and Virginia Tech are the most competitive teams that they could get. I don't mind the additions of Missouri (if that happens) and Texas A&M but WVU, North Carolina, NC State, etc. just don't do much as far as football is concerned. FSU & VTech could come in and compete immediately and stay competitive (hopefully).

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-07-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see North Carolina leaving the ACC. Don't think they'll be quite so fond of the academic profile the SEC offers and they're primarily focuses on basketball anyway. ACC is and the Duke pairing is a better spot for them with those two things in mind.

I could see NC State wanting to go, but even that's a little bit unlikely.

West Virginia would accept the invitation without much hesitation, no incentive for them to stay in the Big East if they get that kind of offer.

Virginia Tech is the wild card here. I could see them going either way on this. They've said publicly that they want to stay in the ACC...but I could see them changing their minds.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a MIZ-ZOU fan, its crazy that we are discussing this AGAIN! 1 year ago, MU was leaving the Big XII and then everything ended up ok. now, after this last defection (thanx A&M. i always hated the Aggies. always had a big inferiority complex with Texas that i never understood), i want MU to get the hell out of the Big XII before it crumbles to pieces. its going down like the Titanic and i hope MU gets the hell off before it goes under. SEC, PAC 16, Big 10, hell i don't care. all of them sound better than trying to form a new conference (Sunflower Conference) with KU, K State and Iowa St. i can guarantee that conference wouldn't get an automatic BSC bid!
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely think WVU would jump at the SEC.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see what the B1G does with all of this talk and turbulence.

1) Sit back and do nothing.
2) Sit back, wait to see the dust settle, and add some teams that are left in whatever conferences are decimated.
3) Be proactive and add some teams before the dust settles.

I prefer #3, then #2. You don't want to be caught with your dick in your hand when everyone else already has a date to the prom.

It will be interesting to see what happens and if the 4 super conferences emerge from this craziness.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I really like the Big 10 at 12 unless they get good quality programs. I want Notre Dame in the B1G badly. Other than that I can live without anyone. We got enough for a title game, more just makes us play everyone less.

And of course WVU would jump at the chance to join the SEC. There's no team that wouldn't jump at the chance to ditch the Big East.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Just looking at the Big Ten, the only school(s) I can conceivably see them taking from the crumbling Big XII are Missouri and Kansas. However, taking the Big Ten network into affect to reach into households, then adding Notre Dame, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Boston College would give them exactly what they're looking for while adding prestigious academic universities. Notre Dame ranked 19th, Boston College ranked 31st, Syracuse 55th, and Rutgers 64th nationally based on academics from US News.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-07-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Definitely the type of schools the Big Ten looks for academically, and the make sense for viewership. With two divisions of 8 you'd play 7 games in your division and play the teams in the other division every 4 years, and thats taking 9 conference games into account.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Definitely the type of schools the Big Ten looks for academically, and the make sense for viewership. With two divisions of 8 you'd play 7 games in your division and play the teams in the other division every 4 years, and thats taking 9 conference games into account.
I think it would be set up as playing the 7 teams in your division, then one permanent crossover game then one rotating game. 9 conference games unless the conference goes to a 10 conference games format and only allow 2 OOC games.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-07-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I think it would be set up as playing the 7 teams in your division, then one permanent crossover game then one rotating game. 9 conference games unless the conference goes to a 10 conference games format and only allow 2 OOC games.
Honestly, I think that sounds terrible. I like the 12 team set up a lot. By that you'd play teams in your conference once every 7 years. And switching to 10 conference games would kill ooc play cause teams would still try to get their two easy games in instead of quality ooc games.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:46 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is from the poster on the NW board that was leaking expansion info last year. He pretty much nailed the nebraska stuff and then the b1g made him stop posting on the subject. Take it with a large grain of salt but his info has been good in the past.

Link

Quote:
Earlier this evening, Notre Dame and Texas jointly presented the Big Ten Conference with their proposed terms of entry into the conference. These terms resulted from lengthy discussions among both schools and the Big Ten over the past several months.

The major items include:
1. The preservation of an eight game (plus championship) conference football schedule. Both ND and Texas wish to preserve rivalries with non-Big Ten universities on a regular basis. This would require the Big Ten to abandon its current plans of a 9 game conference schedule.
2. The staggering of the schedule to allow for mid-season scheduling with non-conference football opponents.
3. The preservation of the status quo conference makeup until approximately 2014, unless the Big XII fails to retain key (NOT including A&M) conference members. This will provide the member schools, acting in unison, with the greatest leverage negotiating ongoing television contracts, particularly with ESPN.
4. Should Texas depart the conference for the Big Ten before ND due to the further disintegration of the Big XII, ND will remain independent until approximately 2014
5. The Longhorn Network would remain independent until approximately 2014, at which point the network would become a part of an expanded Big Ten Network (specifically referred to as "BTN2"), likely either in partnership with Fox, NBC, or less likely ABC

The Big Ten just wrapped up a meeting to initially consider all of the terms presented by the schools, including the aforementioned.

The initial mood at the Big Ten to the terms provided by the two schools is "receptive."
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote