Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-19-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Football-wise, the PAC 16 looks fierce.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Football-wise, the PAC 16 looks fierce.
It's still no SEC.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
It's still no SEC.
I wasn't really comparing them, just noting that the PAC 16 has a bunch of perennial BCS championship contenders now.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas A&M Whoop!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Here's a column on the West Virginia to SEC rumors...
http://outkickthecoverage.com/west-v...ont-happen.php

He doesn't seem to think WVU is high on the SEC's list at all.
I always figured WVU to be a trump card, in case the SEC missed out on other targets.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nate Silver: still awesome.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ignment-chaos/

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking the game between LSU/WVU has more meaning than originally thought this weekend. WVU has been able to hold their own vs. the SEC football wise.

2011: ? vs. LSU
2010: L @ LSU 20-14
2009: L @ Auburn 41-30
2008: W vs. Auburn 34-17
2007: W vs. Miss St. 38-13
2006: W @ Miss St. 42-14
2005: W vs. Georgia 38-35 (Sugar Bowl)

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wrong thread.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good articles posted fellas. The Silver one in particular was pretty informative.

As far as West Virginia to the SEC goes, that's the dream scenario for West Virginia, who might be left out in the cold in all of this because of academics and media related stuff. They've got to either hope for that or the Big East and the remnants of the Big XII find some way to get something done.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Good articles posted fellas. The Silver one in particular was pretty informative.

As far as West Virginia to the SEC goes, that's the dream scenario for West Virginia, who might be left out in the cold in all of this because of academics and media related stuff. They've got to either hope for that or the Big East and the remnants of the Big XII find some way to get something done.
I think the Big East-Big XII thing will get done. The Big East is going to have five teams next year. The Big XII will have five too (asusming the Big Ten doesn't steal Iowa State, Missouri, and Kansas). Combine and make ten teams. They can choose to stay put. Or go after teams like UCF, Houston, SMU, and Temple.

I'm very interested in the rumors of the MWC and CUSA teaming up. Technically a 22-team conference (assuming noboday poaches their current members). It could also convince TCU to ack out of their move to the Big East and possibly entice BYU to stop being an independent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The SEC and ACC rejected West Virginia lol. Source Dan Patrick show
Old 09-20-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahah eat it WVU! i guess those conferences like you to be able to read
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
hahah eat it WVU! i guess those conferences like you to be able to read
The way we're sitting back right now has me scared. If we stay in a reformed Big East/Big 12 I'm seriously going to be pissed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The way we're sitting back right now has me scared. If we stay in a reformed Big East/Big 12 I'm seriously going to be pissed.
yeah, i would not like that one bit. not sure if i'd prefer us going to the big 10 or ACC though
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I thought Rutgers-to-ACC was pretty much a done deal.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 09-20-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not buying ESPNs talk that Notre Dame would pick ACC if they decide to join a conference. Notre Dame is just way to perfect fit in in the Big Ten.

And I love Mack Browk talking like the PAC 16 isn't a lock yet. I really want the Big 12 preserved. Let them pick up Louisville, Cincy, and West Virginia. Not good enough to fully replace the teams they lost, but it could bring it back to 12 teams.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 09-20-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I thought Rutgers-to-ACC was pretty much a done deal.
Not from what I understand. Our AD is being tight lipped about everything and I'm starting to think it's because we're not as "valuable" as we think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I actually feel a little bad for West Virginia.

Let's be honest, you're THE public university for the state of West Virginia. How could you possibly have any academic standards? You'd have like 20 students.

Granted, you could say the same thing about most of the South, but schools like Alabama are ******* annoying because they actually think they are a good school. I knew a dude with an Auburn degree who could barely tie his own shoes.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I actually feel a little bad for West Virginia.

Let's be honest, you're THE public university for the state of West Virginia. How could you possibly have any academic standards? You'd have like 20 students.

Granted, you could say the same thing about most of the South, but schools like Alabama are ******* annoying because they actually think they are a good school. I knew a dude with an Auburn degree who could barely tie his own shoes.
I live in Alabama and I am in full agreement. There are smart Auburn and Alabama graduates of course. And then there are the ones who couldn't spell cat if you gave them the A and the T. I don't know how they have higher academic rankings than my alma mater despite having higher acceptance rates, lower average GPA, low average SATs and ACTs, and a bunch of programs rated lower. Conspiracy/

Also, Missouri has an offer to the SEC.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 09-20-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I just listened to our AD on the NYC radio show and he seemed very confident that we're going to land in a good spot. I think he's definitely holding out hope for B10 but it sounds like we're going to land in that or ACC for sure. I feel more comfortable that we'll be fine after listening to him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, the Notre Dame to the ACC move is pretty crazy. That would certainly turn the tides of the conference a little bit. Even with Notre Dame down on their luck, they're still one of the most important chips on any table. I thought they would be sniffing around for basketball and Olympics, but the ACC has said publicly that a conference with non-football members just isn't a good idea at this point.

I wonder what the counter move at that point would be. If you're swinging for the fences and have Notre Dame in the fold, you might as well try to bring in Penn State and finally get all the good programs in the East in one place. I'm not sure how open they would be to that, it's been rumored and dismissed as crazy talk already, but Notre Dame would give the entire thing a different look for sure. I think they would ultimately stay in the B1G, but it would be a story if the ACC did manage to bag Notre Dame.

Ultimately, it's still probably UConn and Rutgers rounding out the thing....but hot damn is the ACC making things interesting right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-20-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The NY Times researched college football fans in NYC and around the country and this is what they found for NY.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The only problem is that those people aren't foaming at the mouth for Rutgers football. Allegiances are split. I really hope Rutgers continues heading in the right direction and the possibility of reaching that many homes with a network is something that's huge....but there just isn't enough right now for the ACC or the Big Ten to go on as far as fielding competitive football and basketball programs goes.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-20-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The only problem is that those people aren't foaming at the mouth for Rutgers football. Allegiances are split. I really hope Rutgers continues heading in the right direction and the possibility of reaching that many homes with a network is something that's huge....but there just isn't enough right now for the ACC or the Big Ten to go on as far as fielding competitive football and basketball programs goes.
I agree that we have to get better. We've been headed in the right direction but as of now we're not strong enough. That's not the only factor though which is why we're still an attractive school even without the high winning percentages. Even if Rutgers had half of those NYC viewers we still have all of NJ which in itself is a big TV market.

This a link to that article I quoted above that shows the fan bases for all the major collegiate teams. Rutgers would fit in nicely with any of the conferences from that perspective.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/201...os/?ref=sports

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I already posted that article above.