Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-13-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How Fast Is Julio Jones?

How fast is Jones?

Is there a solid comparison for Jones to an NFL player?

I noticed his listed size is identical to Keyshawn Johnson's.

I know the 2011 draft is a long way off, but is he almost a top 15 lock if comes out after next season?

I also would like to mention that from watching Alabama play last season that Jones is a devastating blocker at WR (imo).
Old 06-13-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely not a Top 15 lock and to me, he's the worst of the big 4 receivers.

Yay for blocking
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's got so much potential. I only like Baldwin more.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he reminds me of a poor mans calvin johnson
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes the best or the worst of the big 3 or 4 depending who you ask.

hes my #1 personally, i think he has a bounce back season this year. the ****** QB, run offense and having no threats across from him was devastating to his stats last year. im not convinced baldwin is firmly in the conversation just yet. i got jones, green and floyd as 123 and baldwin 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
hes the best or the worst of the big 3 or 4 depending who you ask.

hes my #1 personally, i think he has a bounce back season this year. the ****** QB, run offense and having no threats across from him was devastating to his stats last year. im not convinced baldwin is firmly in the conversation just yet. i got jones, green and floyd as 123 and baldwin 4
They had one of the best rushing offenses in the nation forcing teams to load the box to stop them. This gave Julio Jones plenty of 1 on 1 matchups that he just didn't exploit. He has trouble getting open.

The idea that he's behind AJ Green is just baffling to me.

Just ask Patrick Peterson... he said AJ Green is the toughest guy he has played against as well
Old 06-13-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think as a pro prospect jones is better than green, as a college player right now green dominates but jones skill set is far superior imo. he no doubt has to put it all together but i think he will

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if he was the worst of the big 4, that's still a top 20 pick in a very strong draft class.

I still really like Julio, he has some work to do to his game, but I could still place Baldwin in front of him right now the more film I watch which isn't a bad thing, because Baldwin looks alot more fluid most times.

Julio still has potential to be better and it depends on what he does this season, he could be anything from a Terrell Owens to as what somebody said before Reggie Williams.

I know everyone is in love with AJ Green and I like him to, but he's a superb deep threat who has exceptional ball skills, but I don't know if he is complete in terms of what everything a #1 WR does. Then again, if your exceptional at that one thing, ie Randy Moss or DeSean Jackson it doesn't really matter.

Still, Jonathan Baldwin's ball skills are right up there with AJ Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think as a pro prospect jones is better than green, as a college player right now green dominates but jones skill set is far superior imo. he no doubt has to put it all together but i think he will
Pretty much what i was gonna say.

Jones is a mid 4.4 guy and at 6'4" 215 thats pretty dam good. Jones is simply a freak athletically. He hasn't really performed well because his hands have been a little inconsistant, but if he can sure that up, then i think he should be fine.

And just cuz i can and i will take any shot i have to i will post some of my favorite pictures of him...here they are. haha

and

Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
What makes his skill set superior?
Old 06-13-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he produces like a #1 should this year, I'll move him back to the top 3 (WRs). Right now, he's heading out of that even. This is a very very very deep WR class this year.

Julio Jones has no production in an offense where he should be making big plays.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Even if he was the worst of the big 4, that's still a top 20 pick in a very strong draft class.

I still really like Julio, he has some work to do to his game, but I could still place Baldwin in front of him right now the more film I watch which isn't a bad thing, because Baldwin looks alot more fluid most times.

Julio still has potential to be better and it depends on what he does this season, he could be anything from a Terrell Owens to as what somebody said before Reggie Williams.

I know everyone is in love with AJ Green and I like him to, but he's a superb deep threat who has exceptional ball skills, but I don't know if he is complete in terms of what everything a #1 WR does. Then again, if your exceptional at that one thing, ie Randy Moss or DeSean Jackson it doesn't really matter.

Still, Jonathan Baldwin's ball skills are right up there with AJ Green.
Jones's hands aren't consistent and he has horrid technique on his route running, so he struggles to get open.

What doesn't AJ Green do?
Old 06-13-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record I like both Green and Jones. I think Green is the more talented prospect though.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Green has drawn comparisons to Randy Moss...

Solid comparison imo.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
What makes his skill set superior?
physically hes a freak, i like green dont get me wrong...i think hes a hell of a player but if jones tunes up his game he will be the best wr prospect since calvin imo.

hes going to blow up the combine and be compared to calvin and vernon davis as far as athletes go.

the funny thing is out of all of them my draft crush is floyd lol

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Williams 2.0

I don't know why people are blaming Greg McElroy for Julio's inability to get separation against good corners. He is not very quick in a out of his routes. He disappears when he's challenged by top CB's. People make excuses for his lack of effectiveness last year but the reality is, on the field and guys like AJ Green and Michael Floyd are clearly more impressive. I don't see how someone could even dispute that. His physical abilities don't really shine through on the field. He doesn't play anywhere near a 4.4. He has good long speed but rarely displays a burst or short area quickness. He is a physical possession WR strong hands but will struggle to separate. That's what he is at Bama and that's what he'll be in the NFL.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
physically hes a freak, i like green dont get me wrong...i think hes a hell of a player but if jones tunes up his game he will be the best wr prospect since calvin imo.

hes going to blow up the combine and be compared to calvin and vernon davis as far as athletes go.

the funny thing is out of all of them my draft crush is floyd lol
Jones is listed at 6'4" and around 211lbs
Green is listed at 6'4" and around 207lbs

I doubt Jones is much faster than Green if at all. And basically when it comes to being a receiver, AJ Green is better across the board.

I'll take AJ Green followed by Michael Floyd and then Jonathan Baldwin.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Jones is listed at 6'4" and around 211lbs
Green is listed at 6'4" and around 207lbs

I doubt Jones is much faster than Green if at all. And basically when it comes to being a receiver, AJ Green is better across the board.

I'll take AJ Green followed by Michael Floyd and then Jonathan Baldwin.
like i said hes the best or the 4th best depending on who you ask, personally im still on board

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green is the clear cut #1 receiver in the class if you ask me, followed by Baldwin, Jones then Floyd.

The knock on Jones, for me at least, is just his overall lack of polish. I don't like people giving McElroy crap because McElroy isn't that bad of a quarterback at all. He has great mechanics and is the most patient quarterback in the SEC.

His hands are inconsistent, he doesn't necessarily fight for ball when he's one on one with a DB and his effort overall just seems to be lacking. I think what the problem is, is that the game has just come so easy and natural to Jones throughout high school and his first year at Tuscaloosa. Now that SEC coaches knew what kind of force he could be, they started adjusting for him, but he didn't adjust to them, if that makes any sense.

Green knows how to find the soft spots in defenses and probably has 5x the technical skills and route running ability that Jones has or may ever have.

But I think some people have to remember that he plays in an offense that runs the ball 70-75% of the time and he was "plagued" with a bone bruise in his knee for the majority of the season.

Still, just watching him in games, it just seems he has a lot more to do to be a Top 10-15 pick.

EDIT:

To answer the purpose of the thread, my assumption is that when he is fully healthy, Jones would run somewhere in the 4.43 - 4.49 range.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Last edited by JFLO : 06-13-2010 at 01:00 PM.
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
To answer the purpose of the thread, my assumption is that when he is fully healthy, Jones would run somewhere in the 4.43 - 4.49 range.
Thanks, that is what I was looking for. It may not be a 4.3, but 4.4 is still really moving for a WR his size.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always likened Green and Jones to Moss and TO respecitvely since they were high school seniors in terms of their skillsets. I like Green a bit more, though Jones has the talent to be an elite WR prospect coming out of college. Both guys' production was hurt in their sophomore years b/c of new, younger starting QBs.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I've always likened Green and Jones to Moss and TO respecitvely since they were high school seniors in terms of their skillsets. I like Green a bit more, though Jones has the talent to be an elite WR prospect coming out of college. Both guys' production was hurt in their sophomore years b/c of new, younger starting QBs.
AJ Green was more productive and received a higher percentage of completed passes despite missing 3 games with ****** Joe Cox, while Julio Jones was less productive and caught a lower percentage of completed passes from a pretty damn good Greg McElroy.

Everything was working in Jones' favor and he spit the bit so to speak
Old 06-13-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce

Baldwins the best. He was more productive than all, makes more spectacular catches, makes more big plays, is tougher physically and mentally. I like jones #2, floyd #3, but travis benjamin is nipping at both the heels of jones and floyd. Aj green im not liking much at all. Aj greens showing traits of the dreaded B word. Ive seen a lot of alligator arms from aj green and a lot of nagging minor injuries.
bce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bce View Post
Baldwins the best. He was more productive than all, makes more spectacular catches, makes more big plays, is tougher physically and mentally. I like jones #2, floyd #3, but travis benjamin is nipping at both the heels of jones and floyd. Aj green im not liking much at all. Aj greens showing traits of the dreaded B word. Ive seen a lot of alligator arms from aj green and a lot of nagging minor injuries.
That settles it. Green is the best
Old 06-13-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know where people are getting that Jones can run a sub 4.5 40. Even as a top prep WR, the knock on him, if you can call it that, was his lack of top end speed.

IMO he will be lucky to break 4.6, but he might have a 40+ inch vert, which is very impressive!!

Julio Jones needs a big season in 2010 to solidify himself in the 1st round.