Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

View Poll Results: Who makes the 53 Man if we keep 9 Total DL? (pick 2)
Geno Atkins 4 44.44%
Clinton McDonald 0 0%
Orien Harris 0 0%
Jon Fanene 5 55.56%
Frostee Rucker 0 0%
Rahim Alem 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Position Battles: DL

The spots for the DL could make for the most entertaining battles in camp.

DE:

Known spots: (4)
Robert Geathers
Antwan Odom
Michael Johnson
Carlos Dunlap

Up for grabs: (1)
Jon Fanene
Frostee Rucker
Rahim Alem

The battle gets interesting because of how Zim wants to use Dunlap the same way he uses Rucker and Fanene. Do we need 3 of them? Dunlap a 2nd rounder is all but a lock. Fanene while awesome last year hasnt done much prior to it. My best guess, Rucker and Alem go and Fanene makes it on for his ability to play DE and DT. Cutting into the number of DT we keep.

DT:

Known spots:(3)
Domata Peko
Tank Johnson
Pat Sims

Up for grabs: (1)
Geno Atkins
Orien Harris
Clinton McDonald

Keeping Fanene really only allows for 1 spare DT since he can do it. And IMO it comes down to Clinton and Geno. I think Geno edges it out in camps and Clinton spends another year on the PS. Which is unfortunate because he is one of my personal favorites.

Forgot to click multi-voting on the poll. My bad.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack

Last edited by Bengals78 : 06-14-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

I would say Fanene and Atkins forsure.. Clinton McDonald goto PS and hopefully won't get picked up
Old 06-14-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fanene has to make the roster, that guy came in did his job so well playing both on the end and in the middle. Honestly, this might sound crazy, but I would drop Geathers before I dropped Fanene.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how they let go of Rucker either. Maybe they count MJ as a LBer?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:35 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Fanene has to make the roster, that guy came in did his job so well playing both on the end and in the middle. Honestly, this might sound crazy, but I would drop Geathers before I dropped Fanene.
I dont think that sounds crazy at all, Geathers really hasn't contributed much since he signed his contract. With this year being uncapped year, you never know what the FO may do regarding contract moves.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote