Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-19-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just posted that in the youtube thread haha. Still deserves a place here.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone want a challenge? PS3
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
The more I read this thread, the less I want to purchase this game. If they're not going to put in the extra effort necessary to improve this game to the standard where it needs to be, then I'm not going to make the effort to throw away my $60 - thank you very much. And I've played the game already, so I definitely know what you guys are talking about in here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Why do my WR's end up having to play CB? Ya thats realistic, I think they need to address the fatigue a bit. Donald Driver and Greg Jennings shouldnt be playing CB ever.

I love how the QB will throw the ball like 20 yards above a WR on a simple throw.

Sure get alot of injuries was missing almost my entire secondary one game. Clay Matthews ends up getting hurt and not able to return 95% of the time. I also get about 30 holding calls a game while my opponents have gotten about 1 in 10 games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Demo is cool but I hate the strategy pad, its awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I never know how to set my coaching scheme, I'll have my #1 RB 100% priority and everything, put him as my 3rd down RB so he's supposed to get 95% of the carries, yet when I simulate my backup RB and FB will combine for over 150 carries if not more.
After reading several posts in this thread, I have finally come to the conclusion that purchasing this year's Madden would be a terrible decision.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only reason to get this game would be to play the horribly not-supported online franchise mode against your friends. I hate the camera angle of normal online play. Only in online franchise games does the camera stay the same as single player. I've still played about 300 games of madden this year, but there is so much room for improvement.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just started playing online. Pretty funny watching people quit when you cover the RB when they drop back 20 yards and throw a screen to the RB (which is a horribly cheesy play).

Also pretty annoying that I can never use the Patriots because people automatically quit in the lobby.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how do people defend against the tools that use the Eagles and run that deep in pattern constantly??
Old 02-02-2011, 04:39 AM    (permalink
VoiceofReason
Rookie

VoiceofReason hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.VoiceofReason hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So how do people defend against the tools that use the Eagles and run that deep in pattern constantly??
try out some quarter - cover 3 if you have pretty good coverage safeties and if it's obvious that they're going to run that play, that's the only decent defense i've had at it.
VoiceofReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceofReason View Post
try out some quarter - cover 3 if you have pretty good coverage safeties and if it's obvious that they're going to run that play, that's the only decent defense i've had at it.
Pretty much the only people that have done it are Eagles users. They put DeSean Jackson in the slot and I can't stop it even though I know exactly what every play he's calling is before the snap. Also had a Steelers user do it with Randle El (seriously?). I'm 13-4 and that's 3 of my losses to ******** like that. I don't remember my other loss.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
VoiceofReason
Rookie

VoiceofReason hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.VoiceofReason hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Pretty much the only people that have done it are Eagles users. They put DeSean Jackson in the slot and I can't stop it even though I know exactly what every play he's calling is before the snap. Also had a Steelers user do it with Randle El (seriously?). I'm 13-4 and that's 3 of my losses to ******** like that. I don't remember my other loss.
I feel ya, i just lost my 2nd game ever to some kid who played with the Chargers, did the same thing every play (he ran the ball once). 3 or 4 WR, all streaks or posts and Rivers would just chuck it deep and of course his receivers would come down with it. I did pick off one pass that I actually saved the replay from (only because I fumbled the ball on the return that set him up for the game-winning field goal) and it looks like I was in a Cover 4 from the Quarter formation. Maybe give that a shot?
VoiceofReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you play another "franchise" type mode with another well run game, even if it's another sport, you realize how much Madden is lacking. NBA2K series for instance is 100x better and more in depth, and this is from one of the few people who still enjoy Madden franchise mode probably just because it's my only choice.

Hoping it changes one of these next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
When you play another "franchise" type mode with another well run game, even if it's another sport, you realize how much Madden is lacking. NBA2K series for instance is 100x better and more in depth, and this is from one of the few people who still enjoy Madden franchise mode probably just because it's my only choice.

Hoping it changes one of these next few years.
Awful franchise mode is why I stopped purchasing the game.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
User the safety on the defensive right side. Play the route yourself...

But make sure you put your DE in a contain because if that's covered people will probably look to run out to the left. Sack.

Other tips:

Hot route your RE to deep coverage (works especially well if he's speedy). That will put him right where your opponent will look to hit DJax. But put your LDT in contain so Vick can't get outside (he may still be able to because he's so damn quick). Or hot route a LB or DB there and have the DE rush.

But if you're playing the Eagles, a great thing to do is blitz whoever is matched up against Avant (or Cooper). Most players won't know what to do when DJax, Maclin, and Celek are covered. They'll get flustered and either force a pass or get sacked.

Otherwise, match your best cover guys against their best receivers (regardless of alignment - don't have your dime CB on DJax in the slot - you can adjust this before the game in the defensive matchups screen). And just keep one guy on Avant or Cooper. Let him try to beat you by feeding guys like that the ball. Most players won't.

I haven't played in weeks... Is anyone on PS3 or all on XBL?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote