Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jared Allen the biggest impact player?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...len/index.html

Quote:
Why Vikings' Allen is NFL's biggest non-quarterback impact player.
Read and discuss this should be good. :)
Old 06-29-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree :) Jared Allen is sex
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im gonna have to go with Chris Johnson... the dude practically was the titans last year and it was only his 2nd year in the league.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the guy, but I admit he's deservedly high.
I still think Polamalu is the best overall though, and we saw how much worse their defense was last year with Troy hurt.

Jared Allen..... hard for me to give any props to my evil enemies, but you have to tip your cap to thethe Grapes for being aggressive and adding proven talent not just thru the draft.

The draft-purists thought the Vikings were trading too much.
For every Adrian Peterson, there's a Troy Williamson, or Jamark Russell.....

How often do high draft pick DEs turn into guys this good? Ask Chris Long, Jamal Reynolds, Quenton Moses, Gaines Adams (RIP), Jarvis Moss, Vern Gholston....... we knew Jared Allen was a pure beast.
Damn Vikings. Why can't they just draft and develop.

Allen, Pat Williams, Winfield, Shiancoe, Longwell, Favre..... lotsa key players here that they didn't draft.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with this article. Jared Allen is a ******* game changer.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love him or hate him, you cant argue with that write up.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to argue for Dwight Freeney because he changes how a team prepares. But Allen's ability to play the run AND rush the passer is hard to beat. He plays the way Mario Williams should play.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I wanted to argue for Dwight Freeney because he changes how a team prepares. But Allen's ability to play the run AND rush the passer is hard to beat. He plays the way Mario Williams should play.
TBH, I think both Dwight Freeney and Gary Brackett get a bad rap against the run. He's so short and stocky, that offensive tackles have a really hard time getting under him and moving him off the line. The majority of the time, he causes a stalemate, and when he doesn't, he's usually using his leverage and actually pushing the tackle into the backfield.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Allen might as well have not even dressed for the game against the Browns, so it's really hard for me to say it's him.

I'm inclined to say it's Darelle Revis right this second because of how much flexibility he gives the Jets defense. There are a ton of things they would be otherwise unable to do without him in their lineup.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeMarcus Ware certainly deserves a mention for the same reason as Allen. Dominant pass rusher who comes up with sacks in big moments and also plays the run very well.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Jared Allen might as well have not even dressed for the game against the Browns, so it's really hard for me to say it's him.

I'm inclined to say it's Darelle Revis right this second because of how much flexibility he gives the Jets defense. There are a ton of things they would be otherwise unable to do without him in their lineup.
Meh, one game against the NFL's best left tackle is a pretty small sample size to judge off of.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We get it Joe Thomas is good...
Old 06-29-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
We get it Joe Thomas is good...
Seriously. Stop hijacking every thread to throw in some comment about how awesome the Browns are. We get it. We'll start caring once they break .500.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Johnson anyone?

Certainly deserves to be in the discussion. Texans were the #1 passing team in the NFL and he's a HUGE reason why.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Andre Johnson anyone?

Certainly deserves to be in the discussion. Texans were the #1 passing team in the NFL and he's a HUGE reason why.
I don't think it can possibly be a wide receiver no matter good he is, because he's dependent on the quarterback.

Revis affects the game no matter what... he frees up a defender to load up against the run or blitz or an extra defender to help elsewhere in coverage. Revis essentially gives the Jets an extra defender
Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Andre Johnson anyone?

True, but even with him, they've still never won anything. Not even made the playoffs.
I hate Jared Allen, but he's a big reason why they've dethroned the Packers for the division the past 2 years. Dammit.
And a big reason whey they were just a Favre-EffUp from getting to the Super Bowl this year.
Again, we saw what missing Polamalu meant for the Steelers, and Urlacher for the Bears. How would that Viking defense suffer missing Allen?

Viking fans don't want to see the answer to that. Packer fans on the other hand, well we missed Cullen Jenkins and Nick Barnett for all of 2008, so....
Old 06-29-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
That's because your QB was so bad, he just wanted to make sure he stayed in the game.

He shows up against the Rodgers, Brees, Romos of the world.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That's because your QB was so bad, he just wanted to make sure he stayed in the game.

He shows up against the Rodgers, Brees, Romos of the world.
I don't recall him doing much of anything in the playoffs
Old 06-29-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Allen is a top 5 player in the league and doubles as the most bad ass dude alive.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont feel like looking, but I would love to see the players the Chiefs got in the deal for Allen.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not stats wise, but Allen ****** dominated. Hurried Romo all day. They scored 3 points against us, Jared Allen had a good game.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Jared Allen is a top 5 player in the league and doubles as the most bad ass dude alive.
Top 5 player? Meaning everyone in the league?

Hyperbolic insanity
Old 06-29-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You probably didn't watch the Dallas game then.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Top 5 player? Meaning everyone in the league?

Hyperbolic insanity
Easily a top 5 defender. Depending on how your list goes, he could go in the top 5.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to do sex with Jared Allen.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote