Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-28-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow imagine this...

We wind up with the #9 or so pick. Both corners are off the board, Ingram has a lot of hype going into draft day. Jerry sees Dez as Michael, and sees Ingram as the next Emmitt, so we take him. Then we grab our Troy in 2012, who just so decided to stay an extr year....

Just sayin...

Last edited by TheFinisher : 10-28-2010 at 05:59 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
wow imagine this...

We wind up with the #9 or so pick. Both corners are off the board, Ingram has a lot of hype going into draft day. Jerry sees Dez as Michael, and sees Ingram as the next Emmitt, so we take him. Then we grab our Troy in 2012, who just so decided to stay an extr year....
Except that, you know, the QB usually takes the longest to mature, so you might want to start out picking him before the RB.

And wasn't Felix Jones supposed to be the new Emmitt?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Dude stop trolling and go away.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm personally not a fan of Andrew Luck. Doesn't mean he won't be good. I thought Matt Ryan was gonna fail.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of Andrew Luck, but if he stays, we'd need the first overall pick to get him, which would never ever happen. Next year we're in contention again with a better o-line and a healthy Romo.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh. We dont need a QB. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
ugh. We dont need a QB. lol.
Keep preachin' moth. These guys don't get it.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol someone brought up Luck and i just stated that even if we did want a QB, we wouldn't be able to get him. i <3 romo as much as anyone.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So they dump Newman so they don't have to pay him, draft a rookie corner #1 & throw him to the wolves, & the other veteran corner is Jenkins? Something is very wrong with that picture.

That's what NE usually does with its veteran in their back-loaded contracts, I thought that it's Dallas & not NE. The Patriots are usually loaded with extra picks & in a position to wheel & deal, Dallas moves around a lot on draft day but never in the enviable NE position of controlling the 1st 2 rds.

Any way you analyze it Dallas will have to keep one starting corner from this season, & on performance alone it's Newman by a mile.

Last edited by LizardState : 10-29-2010 at 09:52 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious to see what everyone's thoughts were on Sash. He's a guy that could declare this year and, depending on how he tests, should be around for our 3rd rounder.

Everything I've heard about him reminds me of a lot of what we heard about Sean Lee pre-draft; instrinctive, intelligent, leadership, work ethic.... all things that we could use on this team. He's got a good nose for the football and always seems to make the big play for Iowa when they need it. I think he's worth looking into as a 3rd rounder. What do you guys think?
Old 10-31-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that I wasn't wanting the guy before, but I'm really on the Peterson bandwagon now. It looks like there will be a real chance to get him, and the D desperately needs a guy like him in that secondary. Jerry needs to do whatever to make it happen like he did with Dez.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Peterson needs to be the guy. Prince isn't bad either.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011

I usually only comment regarding the draft so here I go with my first comment for the 2011 draft.

I think as much as I hate it...we can trade down. We are going to do what JJ likes best and that is trade down. I think we can end up with a lower pick as well as another pick in the 2. I think we can get a CB and maybe even a DE with our first two picks. If we stay put we can get the 1 OL, but I think we can drop to the early teens and still get that one. I would love a CB, DE and OT with the first two picks. There are a lot of QB and of course a few WR and RB that will push OL and DE down.

I like the DE from Ohio State.................

I also would not mind a ILB...............................

PATRICK PETERSON, CB, L.S.U. I like
MARCELL DAREUS, DT, ALABAMA I like
PRINCE AMUKAMARA, CB, NEBRASKA I like
ROBERT QUINN, DE, NORTH CAROLINA not enamored
NTHONY CASTONZO, OT, BOSTON COLLEGE I like
ALLEN BAILEY, DE, MIAMI (FL) I like
CAMERON HEYWARD, DE, OHIO ST I like
STEFEN WISNIEWSKI, C, PENN ST i like
MARK BARRON, S, ALABAMA Ok
Deunta Williams S North Carolina I like

So those are my guys....plus I am sure we might trade down and get one of these guys will the possiblity of getting two.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WalterFootball.com is a great site for all things football.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Heres his draft for us.

2. Dallas Cowboys: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
Cornerbacks are seldom taken in the top three, but then again, we said the same thing about defensive tackles prior to the 2010 NFL Draft. Like Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy, Patrick Peterson is a special sort of talent that doesn't come around very often.

The Cowboys have issues in their secondary. Mike Jenkins has been often penalized this year, while Terence Newman will be 33 heading into the 2011 NFL season. Peterson would infinitely improve Dallas' defense by erasing one side of the field.

35. Dallas Cowboys: Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina
New free safety Alan Ball hasn't been a liability thus far, but he hasn't been anything special either. The Cowboys could stand to upgrade this position unless they want receivers like Mike Sims-Walker burning them deep multiple times per game.

66. Dallas Cowboys: Marcus Cannon, G, TCU
Some help for Dallas' front line; Kyle Kosier will be a free agent this March.

What do ya'll think? Looks good to me!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

That would be a SEX draft.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pocket-- Good draft.

I'd be happy with Peterson &/or Deunta Williams. Scandrick & Sensabaugh should hit the road.

Quote:
66. Dallas Cowboys: Marcus Cannon, G, TCU
Some help for Dallas' front line; Kyle Kosier will be a free agent this March.
He's listed as an OT in Phil Steele's mag, hopefully he can play either spot.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
pocket-- Good draft.

I'd be happy with Peterson &/or Deunta Williams. Scandrick & Sensabaugh should hit the road.

He's listed as an OT in Phil Steele's mag, hopefully he can play either spot.
I personally do think that he can play RT. I just wonder if he'll still be available.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
That would be a SEX draft.
I agree, I'd be so happy on draft day if that happened.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alan Ball not a liability? Bwahahahahaha! Ball is so horrendous. It's like having nobody back there right now.

I'd love that draft though, but it seems too low for Gannon. He's being looked at both guard and tackle, so I think he'll come off the board early in the second. He fits the mold of lineman needed here so much that I would be ecstatic to get him.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

wow that draft is too good to be true haha

I honestly think if we wanted Cannon we would have to take him with our 2nd, no way he lasts til the 3rd IMO.

How would you guys like a combination of

1.Peterson
2. Cannon
3. Barron

That's what I've been pulling for and is a little more realistic that the mock Pocket posted, not that I wouldn't love that to happen:-D
Old 11-05-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Honestly, I'm not ready to give up on scandrick. Maybe the guy just needs new coaches. He oozes talent, and his rookie year he was playing at a pro-bowl level. June Jones said himself he would be our best pick of the draft.

If/when we get knew coaches next year, i'll be paying close attention to scandrick.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
wow that draft is too good to be true haha

I honestly think if we wanted Cannon we would have to take him with our 2nd, no way he lasts til the 3rd IMO.

How would you guys like a combination of

1.Peterson
2. Cannon
3. Barron

That's what I've been pulling for and is a little more realistic that the mock Pocket posted, not that I wouldn't love that to happen:-D
I would love that too. But I think Barron goes before we have a chance in the 3rd. He's arguably the best Safety in the draft.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not ready to give up on scandrick. Maybe the guy just needs new coaches. He oozes talent, and his rookie year he was playing at a pro-bowl level. June Jones said himself he would be our best pick of the draft.

If/when we get knew coaches next year, i'll be paying close attention to scandrick.
Whatever it is, he's not a good player anymore. Maybe he responded poorly to losing out on the starting job against Jenkins, but I doubt he'll ever turn the corner. If they kept him around as a fourth guy it wouldn't be so bad because he has in game experience, but I would imagine that his attitude is one that needs to get thrown out in order to change the makeup of the team.

Who knows what the issue is though? Whatever reason, he's playing very terrible right now and there needs to be a serious change.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I think that our safeties are SOOO bad that it's really hard to correctly judge our corners. Jenkins has looked equally as bad as Scandrick... or close to it. I'm not ready to write him off.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I wouldnt take June Jones' word as some kind of gospel. He hasnt really had a lot of pro quality players, himself. Every decent player he runs into, probably looks godly to him.

And they wont give up on Scandrick yet...but he's been absolutely awful for two years in a row now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote