Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-15-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Woah...ready for a interesting tidbit boys.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...oard-interview

Woah interesting...that pick screams Jason Garrett...Smith is so agile on his feet and already has experience on the right side....with the way Garrett moves his lineman Columbo is the only one on our line that isn't agile....don't know how much substance this holds...but I'm all for a draft that starts with Smith and maybe a guy like Paea or Aaron Williams in the 2nd.
Thanks for sharing that! Smith would be a very sound decision for us.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay-I get it. Lott moved to safety. Rod Woodson moved, too. It can be done, and you are right. All I am saying is I don't think it makes sense to move a blue chip propect to another position just cause it is a need. I guess I went a little shock jock when I said it had never been done. For that, I am sorry. But my point was to move a blue chip based on need doesnt make that much sense to me.

To draft a blue chip corner, pay him blue chip corner money and then move him to a position he has not played seems to be dumb to me.

There-I think that is phrased a little bette.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Okay-I get it. Lott moved to safety. Rod Woodson moved, too. It can be done, and you are right. All I am saying is I don't think it makes sense to move a blue chip propect to another position just cause it is a need. I guess I went a little shock jock when I said it had never been done. For that, I am sorry. But my point was to move a blue chip based on need doesnt make that much sense to me.

To draft a blue chip corner, pay him blue chip corner money and then move him to a position he has not played seems to be dumb to me.

There-I think that is phrased a little bette.
I don't think the only reason would be because it's "just a need". It could be best for his career as well. Peterson is the type that could be a good corner, but a great safety. Why? Because when I watch him, he seems to do exceptionally well when the ball is thrown in front of him. As a safety, he'll have more opportunity to do that compared to at corner where a lot of time his back is facing the QB. His instincts are great. So I would say, let him play a position where he could use those instincts to scan, diagnose and make a quick decision on the play of the ball. Secondly, he's big for CB. Hell, he's big for a Safety too. He possesses a physicality to his game that would allow him to be a great weapon lighting guys up as they try to catch the ball...and Ryan loves to send Safety blitzes, so Peterson would work well in that regard as well. I think the misdirection is that people see his fast 40 time and think cornerback right away. The way I see it is that his speed is only that much more beneficial at S. People love to peg hole slow corners as Safeties. Why don't we just get a fast corner at Safety if 1) We have a need and 2) He's a tremendous there.

We need playmakers. Peterson is a playmaker. Safety is a playmaking position. I don't see any bit of a problem playing him there just because "he's a college blue chipper". To me that makes less sense. Anytime you have a change in football levels, whether it be from JV to Varsity, HS to college... college to NFL... it's natural to change positions and it's not just because of change in your body, but also because the talent level required to excel on the next level is so much higher.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IK Brady James has be a mainstay on our defense. I have actually been very proud of him on the field. That said he has never been a good blitzer and he will never be thought of as a coverage backer.

The reason I bring this up is that I read a Bunting article today and it brought up an interesting thought about Ayers falling on draft day and potentially being a steal. Ayers actually plays fluid and I'm not exactly sure how he'd fair on the inside but I think it's something to keep a note on. Ryan isn't tied to just 4 LBs...he has had as many as 7 on the field at the same time. While this pick isn't a need it could develop into a high value pick if he was available at 41. Reminds me a bit of Timmons and the steelers a couple of years ago....not saying this is where we should go at 41...just that if he is available and we take him I won't be surprised.

Quote:
As soon as the 4.84 40-time popped up under UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers name, you could instantly hear the mummers of his draft stock falling. Ayers is an imposing 6-3, 254-pound backer who displays an impressive blend of power and explosion at the point of attack. He’s the one linebacker this year on tape who had the physical capability of not only destroying opposing pulling linemen in the hole, but showcased the range to make plays in pursuit as well. Plus, for his size he exhibited impressive fluidity and balance when asked to change directions and demonstrated the straight-line speed to close quickly on the ball.

Therefore, should his slow 40-time really hurt his draft stock? In my view… no.

On tape he plays like a guy who runs 4.6 and even when watching him during his Combine workout, directly following his 4.8+ 40, he still looked very fluid for a big guy, was explosive out of his breaks and based off his workout alone, I would still say he could run in the 4.6 range.

Now, overall he will likely fall a bit further than he originally could have gone if he posted a better 40 time. However, much like Florida LB Brandon Spikes last year, who fell into the second round because of his slow 40-time, I could see Ayers end up having the same type of instant impact once he gets to the next level.

Ayers isn’t nearly the natural football player that Spikes is. However, he definitely possesses a gifted skill set, can anchor, can shed, can run and looks capable of being versatile enough to perform in just about any scheme. Plus, he has experience playing with his hand on the ground and exhibits some natural pass rush ability off the edge, making him an intriguing candidate for any 34 defense.

Every draft we see a number of good football players fall during this time of the year because of a poor 40 time, that end up developing into early impact players at the next level. And following the Combine, I think that prospect could end up being Ayers this year, and whatever team ends up getting their hands on him is going to be happy that he did.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...day-steal.html

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Even at 41, I still wouldn't want Ayers. Just don't believe he's as physical and as sure a tackler that I want at that position... and this is coming from a Bradie basher.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Del1sle
Rookie

Del1sle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

40, we have pick 40, not 41!
Sorry that was really bugging me haha.

If we are going to grab a LB at 40 it should be Matez Wilson. I'm not to confident in Ayers.
Del1sle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Thanks for sharing that! Smith would be a very sound decision for us.
I guess I just see a totally different player than you. I'm really trying to buy into this guy because I want to believe there is a worthy top 10 tackle in this class, but then I come across videos like this and it makes me want to stay far away from him.

Yea, he's getting his QB killed in that video. Not really a desirable trait for me.

I've said it numerous times on here, Smith has bust written all over him. I really hope he's not the pick at 9.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-16-2011 at 11:47 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on Muhammad Wilkerson? I'd say behind Dareus and Watt, Wilkerson is probably my 3rd favorite 5 tech. Was a man amongst boys in the MAC. Depending on what we do in the 1st, I'd say he's one of my top targets for us in the 2nd, if he even lasts that long.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-16-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I guess I just see a totally different player than you. I'm really trying to buy into this guy because I want to believe there is a worthy top 10 tackle in this class, but then I come across videos like this and it makes me want to stay far away from him.

Yea, he's getting his QB killed in that video. Not really a desirable trait for me.

I've said it numerous times on here, Smith has bust written all over him. I really hope he's not the pick at 9.
It's fine to doubt a prospect. I have doubts in every single prospect, even Patrick Peterson. I can't see that video since Youtube is blocked at work, but I've seen enough to know what my eyes tell me. A highlight clip is fine, but it doesn't define a 3 year career. Another thing to consider too is that his college film can't be heavily relied upon anymore. He was 285 pounds then, now he's over 300 and we really don't know what effect that will have. Will he be less effective or more effective? That's an unknown. Even if you watch his pro day or combine (I know he held out on some activities, but I don't know what), you still won't get an evaluation of him against football competition in his new body.

That said, the guy oozes athleticism and that much I do know. I also know his upside is high and he's a very coachable player. Is he a Joe Thomas caliber prospect? No. Is he a D'Brick calliber guy? I say yes. ...and remember, D'Brick wasn't a hit right off the bat when he came into the league and he has nicely played out the value of being drafted in the Top 5.

As for Wilkerson, you have to evaluate who else is on the board, what needs we have left. His value is in Round 2, so it wouldn't be a reach or a steal at our pick. It would just be even value.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-16-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wes Bunting mock and comments

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/03...t-part-1-d.htm

CN: Your third mock came out this morning and our buddy Tyron Smith is back to Dallas in the nine slot. Your site also has put out a series of pieces documenting where individual players will visit. One today has Smith going to Dallas and to Minnesota, who picks 12th overall. Given that you gave Smith to Washington at 10 in your first mock, is this Tyron Smith's range now, in the 9-12 zone? Does he have any competition to be the top OT?

Wes Bunting: I think Smith goes anywhere between 9 to 13. I think the Cowboys, Redskins, Vikings and Lions will give him hard looks at 9, 10, 12 and 13 and I don't see him lasting past that range. I believe he'll be the first tackle taken. I think he's the best offensive tackle in the draft.

CN: You raise an interesting question and you've anticipated one of the fans' questions. One wants to know more about Brandon Harris and why he might be slipping? He wants to know why he might be getting the McCourty treatment, as you put it.

WB: He's not the biggest guy. They have him listed at 5'11'' and he's about 5'9'' and a half. And he didn't have a great 40 time at the Combine. It was 4.44 and then it became 4.50 officially. He had a great workout though. He was fluid, he changed directions well, and on tape, I really liked the guy. On draft day, I think he could fall because he's not the biggest and not the fastest, but he plays fast and I think he plays faster than Amukamara. I have him rated higher than Amukamara.

CN: Have you heard anything more about Amukamara's possible slide? He now looks like a guy who could go what, in the 11 to 17 range or so?

WB: Yeah, I don't think he sneaks into the top 10, unless a team like Dallas picks him, and I don't think they would. And there are not that many teams up there that need a corner, and there will be better prospects out there. I think the Houston Texans might have a tough time passing on him if he's there. They have a need in their secondary and they can pair him with Kareem Jackson, and have two young physical corners who could play in off-man. I think it makes some sense.

CN: I want to stay in the first round and talk about your fresh mock. Last week we talked about the value of defensive linemen in this draft. You already had a dozen in your mock and today you have eleven down-defensive linemen, not counting 3-4 outside linebackers. You have Marvin Austin moving up this time.

I think This presents something of a nightmare scenario for the Cowboys. a lot of fans would be happy with Tyron Smith at 9, I know I would be, but now the attention swings to the 2nd round pick at 40 and who's left? You have the top OTs and the top interior prospect, Danny Watkins, going in the first. And you have so many d-linemen getting picked, I'm seeing a problem I posed last week, what type of d-lineman do you pick at the top of the 3rd round, now being an issue at the top of the 2nd round.

Let's say the Cowboys d-line pet cats are gone. J.J. Watt, Cameron Jordan and Phil Taylor are long gone. What then? I'm going to pair this with a story that come out on NFP yesterday, that good 3-4 teams at the bottom of the 2nd, the Steelers, the Packers, the Patriots and even the Eagles, are looking at Kendrick Ellis. Is he now rising in the 2nd the way Phil Taylor is in the 1st? Is he a guy who now projects in the 50-64 range?

WB: I think so. I think if you're a 3-4 team and you're looking for a defensive lineman in the 2nd, you have Cameron Heyward and Christian Ballard. Heyward is the safer pick and I think Ballard has more upside, but then you have Ellis, who is a really intriguing guy. A lot of mocks I see now have him in that 2nd round range and I think he could keep moving up and up.

The Giants took a defensive lineman from East Carolina last year, Linval Joseph, who had that same kind of rise. He's big, he's physical, he's explosive, he's got that good tape, but he was an underclassman, so it took some time for his tires to gain some traction, and I just think the closer we get to the draft the higher Kendrick Ellis will keep rising. I think he's a 2nd round lock now, to be honest.

CN: A question about Texas' corner Curtis Brown. Where does he rate in that 2nd level of corners and where does he project in the middle of March?

WB: I think he's a man corner. He's not overly physical off the line, but he can turn and run, he can track the football, he's fluid, he's fast out of his breaks. I like him more than Aaron Williams and Chykie Brown. He's not as physical as those two, I'd like to see him put on some weight, but when I watch them from the waist down, he's a much more fluid and coordinated cornerback and that's why I like him a bit more.

CN: A repeat question, but I think it's good to re-visit it. You're asked to compare Tyron Smith to the top tackles from last year's class.

WB: I'd probably have him number two. I'd have Russell Okung over him, because he's a senior, he's a little more polished and more NFL-ready. I think Tyron Smith has some more upside but my top tackles last year were Okung, Roger Saffold and Smith's USC bookend Charles Brown.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Thanks pocket! Man, the thought of Tyron Smith in the 1st and Cameron Heyward in the 2nd is drooling. Gimme Ras-I Dowling in the 3rd...oooohhhwwee!

Then all we'd need is Asomugha. lol.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been saying for some time that Prince just didn't look like a top 10 CB.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point in the process I'm starting to get a good idea on our draft.

If Peterson falls out of top 5 we make a play if the cost is right.

If we stay at 9 we draft Tyron Smith. We won't/shouldn't go DL unless a blue-chip guy falls...Watt and Jordan aren't blue chip prospects. Like Bunting said...Smith won't fall past 13...so it's either 9 or bust I think.

Moving down is something I've been looking at a lot lately. Looking for trade partner. The one that keeps coming up is STL moving up from 14 to 9 for one of the Jones WRs. I think at this point that is the scenario to hope for. That said I don't think we'll move down if Smith is our guy. Just because we are rumored to have requested the most tape doesn't mean anything besides we are looking at him really close. It's as much of a chance that we are sold on him as if we don't think he is the right fit. One thing is clear we are doing our homework.

The only other logical trading scenario for moving down in my mind would be with MIN if they like Newton and he's still on the board at 9. Newton I would think has to be one of the top guys on Washingtons big board just because he is such a good fit for Shanny's offense. If we moved back with them it'd probably be to just to get better value and go with a guy like Castanzo/Carimi or Watt/Jordan.

The thing about the 9th pick is that is going to be about the slot where the talent goes to the 2nd tier. So with that in mind we are in a good spot to move down..but that said we are going to have to find a trading partner and not be sold on Smith imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-18-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I've been saying for some time that Prince just didn't look like a top 10 CB.
I'd be hard pressed to select 10 guys better than Prince in this class. He falls imo because the need just isn't there. The teams that are picking in the top 10 just have so many more pressing needs at other positions.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-18-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Those are all good points Thule, the only thing I disagree with you on is the dropoff of talent at 9. I think Prince and Watt are blue chip prospects and if we stay put and draft either at 9 I would be pretty happy. I don't really see a scenario where we can F this up. If we trade up for Peterson, even if we gave up next years 1st to move up to DEN's spot, it's a win for me. If we stay put at 9 and take either Prince, Watt, Tyron(I'm slowly coming around to him, he recently tipped the scales at 315) it's a win, any one of those guys would instantly solidify a need area for us and IMO the value is just right at 9 for all of them. If we trade down we might be able to land one of the guys we were targeting at 9, but if not there will be some great Tackles available starting to go around that late-teen range, plus you get the extra pick which should be a 2nd or 3rd.

It looks like there will be some great options for us at 40 for either secondary, DLine or interior OLine. Wiz, Ijalana, A. Williams, Wilkerson, etc. the list goes on.

Unless we're trying very hard, I can't see us messing this up. Our picks just so happened to fall in good range for some of our need positions, we kinda lucked out with that. I'm just excited to see what kind of combination we come away with, and if we do trade down in the 1st that will just add to our options.

Still hoping we trade up for PP tho.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-18-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How sad would you be if you see the TRADE ALERT come up on Draft day for Denver's pick, and it's the Cowboys moving up, and we take ....... Cam Newton or something crazy like that with PP still available!
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
How sad would you be if you see the TRADE ALERT come up on Draft day for Denver's pick, and it's the Cowboys moving up, and we take ....... Cam Newton or something crazy like that with PP still available!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHAHA!!!! Great clip!
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

May or may not mean anything but PP only scored a 9 on the wonderlic test

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-nfl-prospects

"Peterson plays like a low-test guy," one NFL decision maker told PFW on the condition he remain anonymous, "but (if) he's in 'cat' (man-to-man) coverage in the NFL, it's not as big of an issue as it will be for offensive guys."

"He's a press corner," another longtime evaluator said. "His strong suit is that he can run and press. He won't play for the Patriots, where he's disguising coverage after coverage, but I still think he can be a No. 1 shutdown corner."

A scout with deep knowledge of the kid said, "The more I'm around him, the more I love him even more. I love the kid, and I love the talent. But I don't like the way he plays with his back to the ball. He has an instinct issue, and I think it's tied to his mental (ability). He can only handle so much. He's not a quick processor. It's a scary year to be drafting in the top 10 because they all have some issue."

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 03-19-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
May or may not mean anything but PP only scored a 9 on the wonderlic test

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-nfl-prospects

"Peterson plays like a low-test guy," one NFL decision maker told PFW on the condition he remain anonymous, "but (if) he's in 'cat' (man-to-man) coverage in the NFL, it's not as big of an issue as it will be for offensive guys."

"He's a press corner," another longtime evaluator said. "His strong suit is that he can run and press. He won't play for the Patriots, where he's disguising coverage after coverage, but I still think he can be a No. 1 shutdown corner."

A scout with deep knowledge of the kid said, "The more I'm around him, the more I love him even more. I love the kid, and I love the talent. But I don't like the way he plays with his back to the ball. He has an instinct issue, and I think it's tied to his mental (ability). He can only handle so much. He's not a quick processor. It's a scary year to be drafting in the top 10 because they all have some issue."
To me its means a lot because he plays like a low test guy. Those thinking this guy can play safety where he'll have to process more information are kidding themselves. This guy lacks instincts and is only a press man corner. I dont pick system corners like an Antonio Cromartie in the top 10. Peterson is the best athlete in this draft but he's not nearly the slam dunk football player everyone is making him out to be. My #1 defensive back is and always has been prince Amukamara who plays more technically sound, instinctive, and this is despite playing the position for a very short period of time. He can play in any scheme and succeed and could be a heckuva free safety if he wanted to put him there as well. I really hope Peterson is off the board before 5 because bone head Jerry will try to draft for more WOW instead of substance.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

I've never really cared much for the Wonderlic score, always thought it had nothing to do with the game of football. If you can play, you can play... a classroom type test score isn't gonna alter my belief on that.

Switching topics, I wanted to get a vibe on how you guys are feeling about Amukamara at this point in the process. If our pick came down to Tyron or Prince, who would you perfer and why?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I've never really cared much for the Wonderlic score, always thought it had nothing to do with the game of football. If you can play, you can play... a classroom type test score isn't gonna alter my belief on that.

Switching topics, I wanted to get a vibe on how you guys are feeling about Amukamara at this point in the process. If our pick came down to Tyron or Prince, who would you perfer and why?
Its Prince and its not even close. I wouldnt even pick Smith in the 1st round.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by romo4prez415 View Post
Its Prince and its not even close. I wouldnt even pick Smith in the 1st round.
Unless its a smoke screen, I've read many times that the Boys dont rate Prince as a top 10 pick. I would pick Smith just because hes a bigger need and the drop off in corners isnt as steep as it is for OT at pick 40

Old 03-20-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendrick Ellis, Hampton, NT

What so you think about him in the 4th rd. ? Smaller school NT could do the sneak attack on opponents, not a lot of videotape on him. If Ellis is missed, how about Sione Fua from Stanford, who's 6-2, 307? Just thinking about an optimal situation where hitting pay dirt on a rookie NT moves Ratliff out to DE.

Dallas is missing like what, a 3rd rounder next month?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Kendrick Ellis, Hampton, NT

What so you think about him in the 4th rd. ? Smaller school NT could do the sneak attack on opponents, not a lot of videotape on him. If Ellis is missed, how about Sione Fua from Stanford, who's 6-2, 307? Just thinking about an optimal situation where hitting pay dirt on a rookie NT moves Ratliff out to DE.

Dallas is missing like what, a 3rd rounder next month?
Ellis stock is rising fast. With the teams at the bottom of the 2nd...I find it highly highly unlikely this far in the process that he makes it out of the 2nd. I've read a couple of reports that claim he is the fastest rising prospect after scouts took the offseason workouts into play and rewatched tape. He won't make the 4th...if we even got him in the 3rd he'd be considered a high value pick it looks like. I've been hearing round 2 lock tho lately.

Designs by me
Quote: