Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-04-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see if it actually happens...but Tyron Smith plans to join these ogranized workouts ASAP. Just dont get hurt Tyron.

Romo and crew did manage to get 40ish guys to participate already.

Dezzy showed up today, I heard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsg02 View Post
They have said that Brooking will start next year. I think what they should say is "Every position is open for competition, the best player will start" instead of, well, this guy is kind of old, breaking down, and on the decline, but he has the experience, so he will play by default. My guess is that they think Lee is better in Bradie's spot, and want him to play behind Bradie and be a 3rd down LB.
They said that? There is no reason that Sean Lee shouldn't be starting at that spot. The guy looked really good when he played, and he should start now IMO. Starting him now gets him used to commanding the D, plus he really is the best option in the middle on coverage. Brooking has gotten slow, and Bradie just isn't good against the pass. If they want Lee to be the break out player he can be they should start him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My take on the defensive positions is we need to have a good rotation for all positions. Hear me out...

1) Last year we were limited in the secondary by only having 3 true corners on the roster for most of the season. McCann came on late, but before he did, if T-New or Scandrick or Jenkins got hurt or flat out couldnt go, there was no one to fill in.

Now we have drafted a guy in Thomas AND the word is we are moving Ball back to corner, which he was a pretty decent nickel guy before we tried him at safety.

Look at our depth now at CB, not bad, especially if we are in play for Namdi...

2) Linebackers have been in some sort of rotation the past few years, mainly because of nickel packages and such. Rob Ryan will have his chance to utilize Brooking, James, Lee and hopefully Carter in these roles. Wouldn't it work to our advantage if all 4 ILBs can play both positions in coordination with each other. How awesome would that be if you had to sub out and you didnt lose anything...?

3) I truly think Jerry knows which DEs he will be able to bring back. Whoever we decide on, they will have to be in a rotation of some sort, to keep them fresh. By not going DE in the draft, we have to make this positions, along with safety, a major priority in FA.

Has anyone else heard this is suppose to be the worst FA class ever? If the current rules stay...

4) With Ratliff being our mainstay there since he was drafted and Ferguson moved on, we really havent found a proper back-up. Hopefully Brent-Price will be able to be that this year. Ratliff is a great explosive guy, but already being a little undersized, he can get taken out of the game on long drives and late in games when he gets tired. We can't have that any more. And we shouldn't have to. There will be plenty of 1st and 2nd downs that our backup can play, so we can save a lot of Ratliff's plays for more pass rushing plays, where he excels. I am not saying just play him on 3rd downs, but man, this guy has taken a lot of blocks in the trenches over the past few years, and this past year you can tell its starting to wear on him a little.

5) Safety... ohh man, I have to admit I am a little worried about this position. I mean, obviously the ABall project didnt work, and Sensy provided a nice little stop-gap, but I cant shake the memory of the Viking game two years ago... This was a weak safety draft class, and I am glad we didnt take Moore if the coaches felt like he didn't fit what they wanted.

There are several guys on the roster who will get a shot to prove themselves, but we will HAVE to bring in at least one, if not two safeties to compete hard for starting time. Whether it's Huff, Elam, Bullocks, D. Landry, I don't know, but someone will be brought in to help. Once again, this will not be a long term answer, but another success stop-gap is about the most we can hope for.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us land Aso and move Scandrick to FS. The FO has already mentioned this...I don't think we can do this without a top CB...but could give some more insight on why we didn't go there on draft day.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see us land Aso and move Scandrick to FS. The FO has already mentioned this...I don't think we can do this without a top CB...but could give some more insight on why we didn't go there on draft day.
I think I'm done with projects at the safety position. I'd rather go after an experienced safety.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I think I'm done with projects at the safety position. I'd rather go after an experienced safety.
If we could get Quentin Mikell from the Eagles I would throw an e-party and invite everyone here! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If we could get Quentin Mikell from the Eagles I would throw an e-party and invite everyone here! :D
ehhhh, I'm not too high on Mikell. He's had two fairly bad seasons in a row.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
ehhhh, I'm not too high on Mikell. He's had two fairly bad seasons in a row.
Not young either.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand he's not Ed Reed in his prime, but I like what Mikell has done the last 3 years. Is he my #1 option? No, but I'd certainly be happy! I think he'd be a better pick up than Sensabaugh was for us last year and would be better than Sensabaugh this year. JMO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...3MCpATDuD.uLYF
Old 05-10-2011, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand he's not Ed Reed in his prime, but I like what Mikell has done the last 3 years. Is he my #1 option? No, but I'd certainly be happy! I think he'd be a better pick up than Sensabaugh was for us last year and would be better than Sensabaugh this year. JMO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...3MCpATDuD.uLYF
I agree in that I've been desperate for the team to add talent to the position instead of these rando journeymen. Related, does anyone think the failure of Roy Williams (safety) has scared Jerry off ever investing major resources again in the position?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I don't.

I am with Leroy and the rest of you. I am done with the safety experimentation. I want to just go get a real safety.

I am (I guess) the lone supporter of Sensy. He is by no means a boss or anything. But I still think you fix the pass rush, the secondary will be much improved. His stat line is 71 tackles, 2 sacks, 10 pass deflections and 5 picks. I know this doesn't tell the entire story, but I still think he could start on several other teams. Get another safety back there that knows what they are doing and someone besides Ware that knows what a quarterback is and I think the problem will be mostly corrected. 35 sacks total, but 15.5 were from Ware? Ware and Ratliff are the only people that make our pass rush average. If Ware gets hurt, no one on the defense will look good. I assure you of that.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
No, I don't.

I am with Leroy and the rest of you. I am done with the safety experimentation. I want to just go get a real safety.

I am (I guess) the lone supporter of Sensy. He is by no means a boss or anything. But I still think you fix the pass rush, the secondary will be much improved. His stat line is 71 tackles, 2 sacks, 10 pass deflections and 5 picks. I know this doesn't tell the entire story, but I still think he could start on several other teams. Get another safety back there that knows what they are doing and someone besides Ware that knows what a quarterback is and I think the problem will be mostly corrected. 35 sacks total, but 15.5 were from Ware? Ware and Ratliff are the only people that make our pass rush average. If Ware gets hurt, no one on the defense will look good. I assure you of that.
I don't fault Sensy nearly as much as Ball, and I do agree that fixing the pass rush will help... that said, fixing the secondary will help the pass rush too. It goes both ways. If we resign Sensy, I'd be ok with it. I don't want to overpay for him though. Teams might see his 5 ints and overrate him. He was invisible for many games unless you saw him getting beat. I like the Safety FA class this year. I think we have a chance to get a player who is better than Sensy... Donte Whitner, Dawan Landry, Quentin Mikell, Eric Weddle, Dashon Goldson, Michael Huff, Bernard Pollard...
Old 05-10-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think resigning Sensey and signing Huff would be a serious upgrade.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think resigning Sensey and signing Huff would be a serious upgrade.
How is Sensy and upgrade over Sensy? haha.

Would've made more sense by saying Huff was a serious upgrade over Ball. :)
Old 05-11-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know what he meant, and I agree. While I have been disappointed by Huff's impact in the NFL in general, he has been better lately. His first couple of years, he couldn't get his hand on a ball. And I ain't just talking about interceptions. He wasn't batting balls down, causing or recovering fumbles...nothing. But he seems to be progressing.

I would like to warn everyone, though. I think many people probably still remember what a great prospect out of college he was, and he really did have it all. Heck, I wanted the Cowboys to go get him. But he hasn't been all that. Better as of recent and would be an upgrade for sure, but I don't think he is gonna ever make all the fans as happy with his play on the field as they are gonna be on the day the Cowboys sign him. If they sign him, anyway.

On a side note, I have been watching as much footage of Bruce Carter as I can get. I kinda have a little buyers remorse now. Originally I felt like they got a good player, even though I didn't feel like it was that big of a need.

The more footage I watch, the less I am excited about him. Before the draft, I read about how good his combine numbers were and what a physical beast he was. I watched very little on him, because I really didn't think we would draft another linebacker with the first few picks (unless it was an OLB pass rusher type).

Now that he is on the team, I have been trying to watch more of him. I am, in a single word, unimpressed. Anyone else having trouble finding all of the awesome plays he made in college?

Old 05-11-2011, 04:09 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I know what he meant, and I agree. While I have been disappointed by Huff's impact in the NFL in general, he has been better lately. His first couple of years, he couldn't get his hand on a ball. And I ain't just talking about interceptions. He wasn't batting balls down, causing or recovering fumbles...nothing. But he seems to be progressing.

I would like to warn everyone, though. I think many people probably still remember what a great prospect out of college he was, and he really did have it all. Heck, I wanted the Cowboys to go get him. But he hasn't been all that. Better as of recent and would be an upgrade for sure, but I don't think he is gonna ever make all the fans as happy with his play on the field as they are gonna be on the day the Cowboys sign him. If they sign him, anyway.

On a side note, I have been watching as much footage of Bruce Carter as I can get. I kinda have a little buyers remorse now. Originally I felt like they got a good player, even though I didn't feel like it was that big of a need.

The more footage I watch, the less I am excited about him. Before the draft, I read about how good his combine numbers were and what a physical beast he was. I watched very little on him, because I really didn't think we would draft another linebacker with the first few picks (unless it was an OLB pass rusher type).

Now that he is on the team, I have been trying to watch more of him. I am, in a single word, unimpressed. Anyone else having trouble finding all of the awesome plays he made in college?
Same. Got a lot of mention as a "converted safety"... but where's the stats backing that up? His INTs and Passes Defensed/Deflected stats suck.

We'll see. I'm willing to give him a chance. I feel like our scouting department didn't prepare our decision makers well enough... because next year's class is simply SICK. Considering Carter will be on PUP to start the season, it makes it even worse.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How is Sensy and upgrade over Sensy? haha.

Would've made more sense by saying Huff was a serious upgrade over Ball. :)
That was worded a little awkward. :)

As I was saying, resign Sensey and bring in Huff would drastically improve our safety situation. I'm not crazy about Mikell. I think bringing in Huff would allow Sensey to play more relaxed and I think he is a better player than Mikell.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys feel about Quintin Mikell of the Eagles?

He's going to be a free agent this year, and he's rated by profootballfocus.com as the top safety in the NFL for the past two years.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
How do you guys feel about Quintin Mikell of the Eagles?

He's going to be a free agent this year, and he's rated by profootballfocus.com as the top safety in the NFL for the past two years.
I don't get that. The Eagles have some issues at safety and I would think if he was that good, they would not allow him to walk.

I think with a good FS, Like Huff, next to him Sensey is better than Mikell.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 05-12-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those metric stats for football are a load of crock. I really dont know why so many people buy into them so much. It's all subjective. Football isnt a game that you can break down as easily as say baseball, with metric numbers and more complex formulas. There is just too much going on, for their numbers to be taken that seriously. Sabermetrics works well, because baseball players are more independent in the field of play. Football is a team sport, with a bunch of complex plays/formations and moving parts. I'd argue, the guys compiling the stats, dont even know the responsibility of a lot of those players that they're evaluating.

So many of their stats are just not consistent to what is actually going on. They actually ranked Mikell first overall among safeties and rated him the 28th best player in the league. Anyone who's seen him play, would find these notions to be hilarious. Granted, he's not bad...but in no way shape, or form, a top tier safety.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-12-2011 at 11:33 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Wow. I had no idea he was rated the 28th best player in the league. I bet everyone on this web site can name 28 guys better than him. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. Not that he is a terrible player, but that is silly.

If he was the 28th best player in the league, there is no way Philly would let him go that easy.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't matter how good he is, we're letting him go because we don't bring back players over 30. It just doesn't happen, ever. They're always going to get more money on the open market, and we don't want any part in the bidding.

Thing is, we're always right. Bobby Taylor on the Seahawks, Troy Vincent on the Redskins, Duce Staley on the Steelers, Westbrook on the Niners, McNabb on the Skins, Dawkins on the Broncos (they kind of squeezed a decent first year out of him, not worth another contract here) and so on...

You don't want to sign Mikell. You might get a year of decent production, but nothing better than Sensabaugh who would probably come cheaper. Huff makes all the sense in the world, didn't he play SS for Ryan in Oakland?

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 05-18-2011 at 06:14 AM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is - safeties can often play into their 30s at a high level. If Mikell truly is the best, or one of the top 5, safeties in the league, as ProFootballFocus says he is, then you can easily get at least 3-4 more good years out of him.

I think the team that signs Mikell in FA this year will be getting a steal, and it could be the Cowboys.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I really hate to agree with any Eagles fan, but gametime made a statement then backed it up with several examples/true information. I hate the Eagles, but I think he is right on this one, unfortunately.

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 05-27-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I know I am beating a dead horse because I already said this once, but I am no longer happy with the Bruce Carter pick. With no football insight, I have been watching lots of video on guys that were picked this year. Bruce Carter just doesn't do it for me.

For those that haven't watched his footage, you might want to go watch some. I am interested to see if anyone else sees what I am seeing. To me, he seems to let ball carriers come to him. I don't see him making plays. It looks like he is waiting for things to happen instead of making things happen.

I would like to hear anyone else's opinion on him if you guys have time.