Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-27-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I can't say I've watched any lately, but I certainly remember him being a heat seeking missile.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I know I am beating a dead horse because I already said this once, but I am no longer happy with the Bruce Carter pick. With no football insight, I have been watching lots of video on guys that were picked this year. Bruce Carter just doesn't do it for me.

For those that haven't watched his footage, you might want to go watch some. I am interested to see if anyone else sees what I am seeing. To me, he seems to let ball carriers come to him. I don't see him making plays. It looks like he is waiting for things to happen instead of making things happen.

I would like to hear anyone else's opinion on him if you guys have time.
I actually thought the opposite about him the more I watched...

I had a buddy tell me he was worth a second round pick despite the injury, so I went and watched some tape. At first glance, I was not a fan, especially for our style of defense, he looked slow, lost, soft, etc.

But I kept watching, and the more I watched, the better he became. It really seemed to click for him before he got hurt, the more he played the more disruption he caused. The way he chased down guys, the way he met guys in the backfield, the way he fought off blocks and simply out athleted them was incredible. I had to go back and eat my first words to my friend.

Of course, the big question will be will he recover from his injury and be who we drafted him to be, time will tell. But for now, I am OK with the pick.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
I actually thought the opposite about him the more I watched...

I had a buddy tell me he was worth a second round pick despite the injury, so I went and watched some tape. At first glance, I was not a fan, especially for our style of defense, he looked slow, lost, soft, etc.

But I kept watching, and the more I watched, the better he became. It really seemed to click for him before he got hurt, the more he played the more disruption he caused. The way he chased down guys, the way he met guys in the backfield, the way he fought off blocks and simply out athleted them was incredible. I had to go back and eat my first words to my friend.

Of course, the big question will be will he recover from his injury and be who we drafted him to be, time will tell. But for now, I am OK with the pick.
It's not so much that I don't like him. I can see potential. But I hate looking at the list of guys that we passed on to get him.

We wanted to keep our 2nd so bad that we didn't trade up for Patrick Peterson. Even if we stayed... I really liked Wisniewski.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So came across this today. Ryan Williams!!!!?!?! Wouldn't have saw that coming...think I'd rather have Murray.

Quote:
BryanBroaddus: The Cowboys really wanted the Va Tech RB in the 2nd round but he was drafted ahead of them. The choice was then made for Carter.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always liked Ryan Williams...I didnt want an RB at all, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's interesting. I like Murray over Williams actually. Still don't get the Carter pick though. They banked too hard on Asomugha. They probably thought he'd be a Cowboy all the way back then. Cause they avoided DBs in the draft like the Bubonic plague.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know about all that...we seem to have been avoiding safety for years, with no real solid plan to back that up. Hooray for Alan Ball! :/

This next draft...should really be a defensively heavy draft for us. O-Line depth couldnt hurt, either.

As for the Carter pick...it was just weird because, sure it can possibily be a another value pick but, you just made essentially the same risky pick, at the same position a year earlier. I really hope we dont dont try to make a living off of drafting injured "value picks" all the time. Keep an eye out for highly rated prospects, fresh off of a serious knee injury this year...he's ours.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-16-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont know about all that...we seem to have been avoiding safety for years, with no real solid plan to back that up. Hooray for Alan Ball! :/

This next draft...should really be a defensively heavy draft for us. O-Line depth couldnt hurt, either.

As for the Carter pick...it was just weird because, sure it can possibily be a another value pick but, you just made essentially the same risky pick, at the same position a year earlier. I really hope we dont dont try to make a living off of drafting injured "value picks" all the time. Keep an eye out for highly rated prospects, fresh off of a serious knee injury this year...he's ours.
I especially hated the Carter pick because I thought he was too undersized to be a starting 3-4 ILB. So much so that I didn't even consider him an option for us. Ultimately, my best projection for him is as our long term solution at nickel LB... and that is just to high a pick to justify for that position.

Next year, I think we need to go CB and S in the first 2 rounds. Go for OL depth in FA.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I especially hated the Carter pick because I thought he was too undersized to be a starting 3-4 ILB. So much so that I didn't even consider him an option for us. Ultimately, my best projection for him is as our long term solution at nickel LB... and that is just to high a pick to justify for that position.

Next year, I think we need to go CB and S in the first 2 rounds. Go for OL depth in FA.
If a LB like, say, Vontaze Burflict or Teo Manti (sp?) is on the board where the Cowboys pick in the first round, would that be a decent pick maybe? As an ILB to pair opposite Sean Lee?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
If a LB like, say, Vontaze Burflict or Teo Manti (sp?) is on the board where the Cowboys pick in the first round, would that be a decent pick maybe? As an ILB to pair opposite Sean Lee?
Burfict yes. Te'o? Depends on the year he has.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Nah...Lee and Carter are envisioned as the long term pairing at ILB...I'd guarantee that ILB wont be on our radar. OLB could be, if Spencer and Butler prove to be merely average or what not. We should really take a long look at DE as well. I certainly agree with D about going secondary early, though. In a perfect world, Jenkins and Scandrick return to form and we can focus on S.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-16-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Nah...Lee and Carter are envisioned as the long term pairing at ILB...I'd guarantee that ILB wont be on our radar. OLB could be, if Spencer and Butler prove to be merely average or what not. We should really take a long look at DE as well. I certainly agree with D about going secondary early, though. In a perfect world, Jenkins and Scandrick return to form and we can focus on S.
I'm not up to speed with the DBs yet, but if the value doesn't match and Burfict is there, it'd be heart breaking to see us pass on him. I'm a huge believer in having a game changing field general at ILB.

I just don't think Carter has that kind of upside.

But I agree with you MOTH, I think the Cowboys themselves think they have the future set. I just disagree with them.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN blog guys went out of their way to target Sean Lee as jumping down a few guys backs for not knowing assignments. He isn't going to take the leadership role away from Ware/Ratliff/James but he is the future leader of the defense. He's already started taking the steps to do so. I don't think we'll target Burfict no matter how bad someone wants him. Our FO has been pretty clear on our vision of Lee and Carter.

I think it is pretty safe to say we will target DB/pass rusher with our first round pick.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
ESPN blog guys went out of their way to target Sean Lee as jumping down a few guys backs for not knowing assignments. He isn't going to take the leadership role away from Ware/Ratliff/James but he is the future leader of the defense. He's already started taking the steps to do so. I don't think we'll target Burfict no matter how bad someone wants him. Our FO has been pretty clear on our vision of Lee and Carter.

I think it is pretty safe to say we will target DB/pass rusher with our first round pick.
I did read on one of the blogs the other day that one of the CBs blew a coverage and Lee yelled at him. I think it was one of the younger CBs, but I think it's a good sign that Lee is starting to evolve.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post

There's no question about Sean Lee having the character you LOVE in a leader. He'll be a successful NFL HC one day.

That said, having a solid heady guy like Lee next to a caged beast like Burfict is a dreamy scenario to me. ...and I know fully that that is an idea of my own. One in which the Cowboys would not seriously entertain. I just like it.

Carter is a nickel LB type. I don't think he's got what it takes to be a thumper. He's finesse. I thought he was a 4-3 LB throughout the draft process, so taking him raised my eyebrows.

He's gonna go down as another 2nd round pick who barely sees the field in his rookie year. For a team like us that had so many starting positions to fill, that is just unacceptable to spend such a high pick on a player who's not better than our starter. I wish Akeem Ayers didn't go 1 pick ahead of us. I was praying for him to be there for us. Total burn when I saw him picked by the Titans. Still, even though he got picked, I loved a lot of other guys there for us. Carter blew my mind. Totally out of left field.

I wanted Wisneiwski...would've been damn awesome to have him. I wanted Brandon Harris, Marvin Austin, Stephen Paea... hell even though I wasn't the biggest fan of Rahim Moore, I would've love him compared to Carter.

...and had I known we were looking at RB... Mikael Leshoure would've been hard to pass on too! But we got Bruce freakin' Carter. Let's just say he has A LOT to live up to, and I hope he gets there despite my major doubts in him. Nickel back/Special teamer is what I see.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I did read on one of the blogs the other day that one of the CBs blew a coverage and Lee yelled at him. I think it was one of the younger CBs, but I think it's a good sign that Lee is starting to evolve.
Awesome. By doing so, he puts a lot of pressure on himself to play mistake free too. So the next time he misses a tackle at the LOS like he did when McGahee escaped from him, I hope he yells at his own self.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know little about Bruce Carter....besides what you guys and others have posted..but I'm actually excited to see the Boys go BPA despite need. If they had him as high on their board as they claimed, I like the pick 100%
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I know little about Bruce Carter....besides what you guys and others have posted..but I'm actually excited to see the Boys go BPA despite need. If they had him as high on their board as they claimed, I like the pick 100%
...but he wasn't BPA. :/
Old 08-17-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not according to your board...no.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IncarceratedBob says the Cowboys are shopping Tashard for a 5th or 6th rounder!!! Thats a damn steal for someone. And he also said that if they don't get any takes they will likely cut him. Crazy talk.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

ICB has been incredibly accurate too...interesting.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Not according to your board...no.
What about your board? Do you think he was the best player available at that spot? The one most likely to succeed out of all the players left available? I mean we're talking any position since it wasn't based off positional need. Simply BPA.

Do you think Carter was the BPA?
Old 08-17-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
IncarceratedBob says the Cowboys are shopping Tashard for a 5th or 6th rounder!!! Thats a damn steal for someone. And he also said that if they don't get any takes they will likely cut him. Crazy talk.
I never heard of IncarceratedBob. What claims has he validated in the past?
Old 08-17-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I never heard of IncarceratedBob. What claims has he validated in the past?
most of free agency...find him on twitter
Old 08-17-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
most of free agency...find him on twitter
Well, I'll see if he's legit if this ends up being true.