Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-22-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
Wisconsin this year is the bomb.
What would your want for the team be right now? Win as much as they can or concede the season?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

3 more catches for Crayton and our 7th rounder becomes a 6th rounder!!!!!

But he did hurt his wrist... his ass better get 3 more grabs.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What would your want for the team be right now? Win as much as they can or concede the season?
Great question .....

If Jerrah has made up his mind that JG is the man then I say win as much as possible and build momentum for next year. That way you start with maximum credibility in JG's plan by the players. I also start phasing out guys we don't want like Bigg. (*I know this sounds contradictory but I view it as consistent for building the right platofrm and attitude to win*)

If Jerrah is going to do a Jerrah, then lose as much as possible b/c it is a rebuild anyway so give me better picks. New Staff will need to rebuild relationships with the players. New staff will need to make its player assessments .... so might as well empty the benches and protect your valuable assets from injury. Keep playing losers like Bigg.

In practice, I say if we show we can beat New Orleans, I'd say book JG for next year and go balls to the wall starting to implement the changes needed. Including Sean Lee, any OL to replace Davis, Hatcher & Bowen a shot at full time over Spears to see what he can do, Butler or Williams at ILB, Ratliff to DE and Brent to NT, bring in a bunch of Kickers to win Beuhler's job, etc .... so try to win while grooming guys.

That way Offseason we have a real plan with real data and can use FA and Draft to address -- you can project what you have as opposed to pure guessing. To boot you send the right message to the losers on this team that they better prepare to earn their jobs next year in spite of how "talented and loved" they may be at Jerrah's level.

What is key is that should be brutally competitive for the players if JG stays from now till September 2011. No respect for any player unless they earn it with performance.

Last edited by baghdadbob : 11-23-2010 at 06:11 PM.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind giving JG 1 more season next year if he comes up with a few big wins down this stretch, but does it work like that? It seems like either him, or someone else is gonna be Head Coach for good so they'll likely get 3 years roughly to see what they can do.

If there was a way to just give Garrett a nice 1 year contract I'd be really happy by it, my worry is we go 3 years in and we see it was a mistake already in year 1. But I really need to see how competitive we play vs NO first before I am confident too much in 1 way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post

Wow, when is the last time we turned a JJ #6 into anything?

Great news, but not holding my breadth.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wow I completely forgot good info. I think he's gonna miss some games but he'll notch 3 catches before the season is out. He's their slot WR when healthy and Rivers is tossing it around a ton. Wish we had gotten a 6th rounder for Barber with as much as we use him.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that Patrick Peterson seems to be slipping away....Cameron Heyward?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

If Prince is still on board go with him. If he isn't then hopefully Dareus is still available. If none of Peterson, Amukamara, or Dareus are available then hopefully Dallas has played their way late enough into the first round that they wouldn't look like mental midgets for picking an OT.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I am soooo OFF that guys bandwagon, it ain't even funny. Good genes, but he's not the player I thought he was.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

12 more grabs I think he has to hit 40...that injury along with Jackson come back is gonna hurt our chances.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 5 Pick, Head Coach and Team

I think they have to use the rest of the season to see who wants to play next year. At the same time u can't bench players and just let them watch so for people who think we are going to sit down some veterans to play rookies are mistaken.

i myself don't want that...their is still pride to play for and I don't want to go back to losing 35 to zero.

JG already gets paid like a HC so the new deal would be for 2-3 years and i don't really care. I do think he goes and get another DC and while i like PP....I won't be upset if he gets the job. I would love Capers, but he is in GB and why leave..and he might get a shot at a job. I think Fraziers keeps the job in minnesota. I don't want a new coach and a new staff..that will hurt the team in the long run.

Top 5 Pick.....

Lets not get to high on Peterson or Prince..i really don't think about losing and our pick until after the season so for people who want Peterson and Prince are the ones who want us to tank the season and as a fan i don't care if we are 0-15..i want to win the last game.

I really doubt they will go top 5....i do see them going to 7 to 10. It is really hard to pay a DB that much money..the whole salary structure becomes whacked ging a DB top 5 money.

I think some Sophmores will come out and they will squeeze them down.

I like Hayward, but i think he will be their top of 2nd round.

How about trading down and getting an extra 2nd round pick?

We will have options....in this year draft. At the moment I think we went down to a number 5 pick...I could be wroing.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I am soooo OFF that guys bandwagon, it ain't even funny. Good genes, but he's not the player I thought he was.
Completely agree. If we're going 3-4DE I'd rather have Cameron Jordan from Cal assuming we're too high for both Fairley and Dareus. What are your guys thoughts on Janoris Jenkins?

I think he's the type of corner that will excel in the 3-4 scheme with alot of zone and off man coverage. The guy has elite instincts, is excellent in off man coverage. Will come up and tackle and has that anticipation, route recognition skills and is a true playmaker. The only concerns are size which shouldnt be a problem with guys like Santana Moss, Mario Manningham, and DeSean Jackson in our divsion. And then his off the field conduct will need more investigation. With that said he reminds me of Asante Samuels. Even though I'd much rather go in the trenches if we continue to win and pick in the middle of the 1st Jenkins wouldnt be a bad consolation prize.

Edit: Actually I dont think size is an issue with him as he has proven against AJ Green (someone who Peterson couldnt contain) Julio Jones and Alshon Jeffrey that he's more than capable of handling there size. As crazy as this may sound but Jenkins maybe the most well rounded corner when it comes to athleticism, technique, and the tape he has put out this season. If he goes mid 1st he's going to be terrific value because I most definitely believe he's better than Joe Haden who went 7th overall last year.

Last edited by romo4prez415 : 11-24-2010 at 12:12 AM.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by romo4prez415 View Post
Completely agree. If we're going 3-4DE I'd rather have Cameron Jordan from Cal assuming we're too high for both Fairley and Dareus. What are your guys thoughts on Janoris Jenkins?

I think he's the type of corner that will excel in the 3-4 scheme with alot of zone and off man coverage. The guy has elite instincts, is excellent in off man coverage. Will come up and tackle and has that anticipation, route recognition skills and is a true playmaker. The only concerns are size which shouldnt be a problem with guys like Santana Moss, Mario Manningham, and DeSean Jackson in our divsion. And then his off the field conduct will need more investigation. With that said he reminds me of Asante Samuels. Even though I'd much rather go in the trenches if we continue to win and pick in the middle of the 1st Jenkins wouldnt be a bad consolation prize.

Edit: Actually I dont think size is an issue with him as he has proven against AJ Green (someone who Peterson couldnt contain) Julio Jones and Alshon Jeffrey that he's more than capable of handling there size. As crazy as this may sound but Jenkins maybe the most well rounded corner when it comes to athleticism, technique, and the tape he has put out this season. If he goes mid 1st he's going to be terrific value because I most definitely believe he's better than Joe Haden who went 7th overall last year.
I'm not sure about Jenkins yet. But I've got Brandon Harris as the 3rd best CB... but a lot closer to #2 (Prince) than most others have him at.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I'm not sure about Jenkins yet. But I've got Brandon Harris as the 3rd best CB... but a lot closer to #2 (Prince) than most others have him at.
Watch Jenkins when you get a chance against Green, Jones, and Alshon Jeffery. He' definitely the 3rd best corner at worst in the draft.

He held jones to 4 catches 19 yards
He held Green to 4 catches 42 yards (again this is something Peterson didnt even do) and Jenkins even picked off a pass when guarding Green)
He held Jeffery to 6 catches 53 yards.

Put in the tape. At worst he's the 3rd best corner. I actually believe he's a top 10 player in this draft.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:36 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're picking around the 10 spot and Prince, PP, and Dareus areoffthe board I'd be happy with either Jenkins or Harris. We are in dire need of a playmaker in the secondary. Like mentioned above, 3-4 Ends do not have the value to be taken in the top 10, you can find one for cheap in the mid rounds and chances are he'll have the same type of impact as a top 10 selection.

I can't believe that there is not 1 elite OL prospect this year, just another gift from the football gods. Honestly I wouldn't touch any of them until round 2, but guys will be pushed up because of the epic lack of talent at oline in this draft. Don't get fooled by it.

Round 1- Best DB
Round 2- Best OL

Anything else is a fail.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by romo4prez415 View Post
Watch Jenkins when you get a chance against Green, Jones, and Alshon Jeffery. He' definitely the 3rd best corner at worst in the draft.

He held jones to 4 catches 19 yards
He held Green to 4 catches 42 yards (again this is something Peterson didnt even do) and Jenkins even picked off a pass when guarding Green)
He held Jeffery to 6 catches 53 yards.

Put in the tape. At worst he's the 3rd best corner. I actually believe he's a top 10 player in this draft.
Jenkins will be a stud in the NFL.

Could even have a better career than Prince or Peterson, imho.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

If were gonna put Janoris Jenkins, Brandon Harris and Aaron Williams in a tier mine looks like:

1. Aaron Williams
2. Janoris Jenkins
3. Brandon Harris

That's not a knock on any because they are all legit top 20 guys to be, another deep CB class. I still have Aaron Williams firmly behind the top 2 guys.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would say Harris is closer to Prince for the 2nd spot than Prince is to Peterson for the first spot

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Well losing to the Saints is at least good for our draft position. Unfortunately I feel the only guy that can help us is Patrick Peterson.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I agree, we are kinda in no mans land right now..
Old 11-26-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
If we're picking around the 10 spot and Prince, PP, and Dareus areoffthe board I'd be happy with either Jenkins or Harris. We are in dire need of a playmaker in the secondary. Like mentioned above, 3-4 Ends do not have the value to be taken in the top 10, you can find one for cheap in the mid rounds and chances are he'll have the same type of impact as a top 10 selection.

I can't believe that there is not 1 elite OL prospect this year, just another gift from the football gods. Honestly I wouldn't touch any of them until round 2, but guys will be pushed up because of the epic lack of talent at oline in this draft. Don't get fooled by it.

Round 1- Best DB
Round 2- Best OL

Anything else is a fail.

I agree. If we could come out of the first 2 rounds with Jenkins and Wisniewski, that would be great.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I 100% agree as well. Best DB and best OL in the top 2 rounds.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DB and OL and or Safety

How about trading down from top 10 pick.

Get Jenkins or highest rated CB
Wisnieski in 2nd
Duante the FS in round 2.

I would love that...
Old 11-27-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
How about trading down from top 10 pick.

Get Jenkins or highest rated CB
Wisnieski in 2nd
Duante the FS in round 2.

I would love that...
If we can get a future 1st then yes. Otherwise, we'll just trade down and miss out on an elite player. I'd rather not do that.

I still need to do more homework though. It could be a good thing, I just don't know yet.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default Next Year Draft

I think we need 3 top quality players who will come in and start. I don't think we can see who sure who will not be here, but we can speculate on some names. I think we have an explosive team next year and we can complete for a playoff spot. We are not in rebuilding mode...as long as u have a solid QB you have a shot. If this year tells us anything is that we are not ready, but with a couple of players we can be solid again. Here are some thoughts:

Spears is gone............But he will not be missed-----nothing spectacular
Barbar is gone...............Choice moves up and Miller becomes 3rd RB
OL..............We don't resign all, but we don't cut all.
R. Williams (wr) i think we cut..we can't afford his salary for his states...
Oggletree....I think he moves to the slot..or he become 3wr and austin moves to the slot on 3 rd down.
TE---- we still have phhillips
LB...........I don't think brookings will find 2 year contract, but maybe one year.....it might work.
A. Ball is out..i think we have better players..i think Church and the other guy can complete for the job as well as a rookie.

I think an OL in the first two round and than another one 4 or 5. That will rebuild our OL.

I think our DL is good..we need to resign, but with Brent and Lissamore we have backup depth.

I am out..

Can i get some rep points?