Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
You must not follow the saints closely. They did not lockup HFA advantage till the Vikings lost in week 16 yet the saints starters still played the entire game in a loss to the terrible buccaneers.
Im sorry I have to spell it out. 2 of our top 3 corners, 2 OLB's, Reggie, two WR's, and couple of backups were out of the Bucs game. Overall our top 3 corners, 2 OLB's, top 3 RB's, couple OL, Ellis, Brees, Shockey, Two of the top 4 wr's, all missed a complete game in the last 4 games, some missed more then one.

And all we needed was the Vikes to lose one game to seal up HFA, and they were talking about resting Favre the last game, so Payton knew they would lose atleast one.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M Charlie View Post
I have to agree with the Bob Sanders guy on the NFC South. Not only is there a new winner every year, but also a new loser as in no team that finishes last, finishes last again. Tampa Bay will probably be good this year and everthing will go their way like New Orleans last year. Somebody that is expected to do good will do bad and end up last. I am going to say New Orleans if anybody though. Everything will go against them like Tampa Bay last year. That is the NFC South curse and it will strike again.
So because teams were built for one year runs (outside the Vick falcons) or got lucky (in both cases for the Bucs after their SB run) its a curse?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be a very interesting start for the Steelers. Losing both Ben and Colon for significant amounts of time will definitely hurt the team. I still don't understand why they won't sign Flozell Adams to a one year deal, he's, IMO, a better option than Jonathan Scott. Oh well.

I just hope the team can end up 2-2 or 3-3 (depending on how big the suspension is) by the time Roethlisberger returns. That still leaves the team in a very good position to at least push for a wild card or something. But it's going to be tough.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
It's going to be a very interesting start for the Steelers. Losing both Ben and Colon for significant amounts of time will definitely hurt the team. I still don't understand why they won't sign Flozell Adams to a one year deal, he's, IMO, a better option than Jonathan Scott. Oh well.

I just hope the team can end up 2-2 or 3-3 (depending on how big the suspension is) by the time Roethlisberger returns. That still leaves the team in a very good position to at least push for a wild card or something. But it's going to be tough.
Maybe in the Scott case they think since we aren't suppose to win without Ben, give the guy some experience for the future instead of a stop gap who might not even do well?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Maybe in the Scott case they think since we aren't suppose to win without Ben, give the guy some experience for the future instead of a stop gap who might not even do well?
I'd have no problem with giving a guy experience, but this is a 27 year old journeyman who's had unsuccessful stops in multiple teams, including the Bills and their injury-prone mess of a line last year.

Our new O-line coach, who was the Oline coach with Buffalo last year, probably feels comfortable with him or something and brought him along.

I'd rather Ramon Foster or maybe even Chris Scott get experience, but Scott got injured and Foster is the #1 backup guard we have.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I'd have no problem with giving a guy experience, but this is a 27 year old journeyman who's had unsuccessful stops in multiple teams, including the Bills and their injury-prone mess of a line last year.

Our new O-line coach, who was the Oline coach with Buffalo last year, probably feels comfortable with him or something and brought him along.

I'd rather Ramon Foster or maybe even Chris Scott get experience, but Scott got injured and Foster is the #1 backup guard we have.
My bad I was thinking of Chris Scott
Old 07-19-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im sorry I have to spell it out. 2 of our top 3 corners, 2 OLB's, Reggie, two WR's, and couple of backups were out of the Bucs game. Overall our top 3 corners, 2 OLB's, top 3 RB's, couple OL, Ellis, Brees, Shockey, Two of the top 4 wr's, all missed a complete game in the last 4 games, some missed more then one.

And all we needed was the Vikes to lose one game to seal up HFA, and they were talking about resting Favre the last game, so Payton knew they would lose atleast one.
Reggie Bush 6 receptions and 2 rushes in the bucs game. I wonder how he did that not playing he is more impressive than i thought.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't know why it's so hard to fathom to people that they are a legit team or will be much better.
When you're so used to your team failing, it's hard to imagine them not letting you down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
A trend with these preseason lists yearly:
- 49ers, Lions, Texans being overrated.
When you have a good defense, a very underrated RB, and are really one piece (QB) away from putting together an offense that can do enough to keep you in games, it's easy to see why.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
When you're so used to your team failing, it's hard to imagine them not letting you down.
That's what's so great about the Eagles. They find new ways to **** with me every year. I could see them starting out 7-0 and losing their last nine. You know, just to mess with me.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reggie Bush 6 receptions and 2 rushes in the bucs game. I wonder how he did that not playing he is more impressive than i thought.
He's such an ineffective player, that he might as well not play.

Oh wait, I forgot the Saints are paying him such a stupid salary to be the league's best decoy. My bad.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

Quote:
Wow, I add one person to the wrong list. Now this just shows your grasping straws to find a arguement. It went from your beloved Colts not being #1 to AFC, to the NFC South curse, to the Saints struggling (which you never argued about, just the sitting starters part, which is true) and all you manage to find is I put a player on the wrong list. Congratulations, you finally did win a part of the arguement.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, I add one person to the wrong list. Now this just shows your grasping straws to find a arguement. It went from your beloved Colts not being #1 to AFC, to the NFC South curse, to the Saints struggling (which you never argued about, just the sitting starters part, which is true) and all you manage to find is I put a player on the wrong list. Congratulations, you finally did win a part of the arguement.
Except your "they sat their starters" is a complete lie. Henderson, Colston, and Meachem all played in the losses to the cowboys and the buccaneers. They were not resting they just lost.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

Quote:
Except your "they sat their starters" is a complete lie. Henderson, Colston, and Meachem all played in the losses to the cowboys and the buccaneers. They were not resting they just lost.
Quote:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf.../post_114.html

Thats for the last game, 21 players with little or no playing time is resting starters. And I said for the last 4 games, not just the losses to the Cowboys and Bucs. Bushrod got raped against Ware and for some reason the coaches didn't help him much. But both of our corners miss significant time because we didn't want to overplay them, Ellis, Shanle had a concussion, and couple others missed more time then just the last game. So again, I don't see how I am wrong, except putting Bush in the wrong column.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets too high, Ravens too low & the Vikings s/b a placeholder while they're circling the list for permission to land depending on when/if Favre decides to come back.

I realize it will be when, not if, but if he does retire it could be a real blessing in disguise for the Vikes, & Sage Rosenfels will get that chance to start he's been waiting on for like, forever! What's that you say, Vikings fans? yes they will go with Tavaris, but do you honestly think he will start going past October? Start Tavaris, Childress will get fired & their SB run evaporates. Kind of a big old risk they're taking with a 42-yr-old QB who had offseason surgery again.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Jets too high, Ravens too low & the Vikings s/b a placeholder while they're circling the list for permission to land depending on when/if Favre decides to come back.

I realize it will be when, not if, but if he does retire it could be a real blessing in disguise for the Vikes, & Sage Rosenfels will get that chance to start he's been waiting on for like, forever! What's that you say, Vikings fans? yes they will go with Tavaris, but do you honestly think he will start going past October? Start Tavaris, Childress will get fired & their SB run evaporates. Kind of a big old risk they're taking with a 42-yr-old QB who had offseason surgery again.
Its sad they traded a 4th to get Sage, then give him decent money to come here and be 3rd string QB. Not what they originally wanted, but he has been on the inactive list so either he is super pissed or happy to make money easily.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9ers have been the go to pick for 5 years now, until they actually do something I don't care
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
9ers have been the go to pick for 5 years now, until they actually do something I don't care
How is that? Smith never showed anything at QB to warrant them being worth a damn. The go to pick has been the texans and cardinals.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Says the Cardinals fan.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now sir, you guys haven't made the playoffs since the late 90s? it's annoying that every year all espn does is claim you are back in power

Last edited by fenikz : 07-19-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
now sir, you guys haven't made the playoffs since the late 90s? it's annoying that every year all espn does is claim you are back in power
he is a jags fan, you are confusing him with YAY

also, you are referring to ESPN, let's remember that they suck

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know about the rest of the league, but the Steelers are a hard one to figure out...the defense will be gooood, but the offense is a total mystery atm, so with that in mind, id put them anywhere between the 10 to 20 range.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
he is a jags fan, you are confusing him with YAY

also, you are referring to ESPN, let's remember that they suck
its all a cover he just doesnt want to be associated with the 49ers publicly
Old 07-19-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
13 New Orleans Saints
Someone is still bitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
losing 2 of your 4 starters on the DL and the best guy in the Superbowl, LT, and still having a weak LB core isn't acutally getting better.
One starter is gone from the starting Super Bowl line and he is a career backup and the weak link of that starting unit. McCray isnt that good but he could lay some shots, though. Both Bobby McCray and our starting DE before injury, Charles Grant were both cut so I don't see how they are big loses with the addition of Alex Brown and Jimmy Wilkerson.

And Grant has a been a disappointment for the past few seasons and other NFL teams seem to think the same as he will be playing for the UFL this year.

Who the hell is this LT that was so huge in the SB?
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
man, the 49ers are getting overrated at this point. QB play is kind of a big deal.
Kind of obnoxious how that is the only thing keeping us out of the postseason.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate you.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote