Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 07-19-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Prospect of the Day: DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

To see previously discussed prospects, click here.

DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa
6'4 - 285 lbs. - Senior

Highlights

This guy is a monster, really tough and never quits. Not the biggest dude out there, but he's thick and strong. I think he could be a great 3-4 DE, or maybe a LE in a 4-3.

Also, he reminds me of Darnell Dockett. Almost identical size, play with strength and can wreak havoc when not properly accounted for.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of feel if he is going to play power end in a 43 he would be better losing 5 or so pounds and if he is going to play 5 technique he would be better adding 5-10 pounds. He is a beast though

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see him being a Darnell Dockett type player...such a beast and for me he's easily a top 10 player in next April's draft

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this year he really needs to improve his pass rush and overall consistency. It also would really help for him to work on his technique since right now he has adequate technique but mainly gets by on pure power and athleticism.

If he can show a great pass rush ability to couple with his outstanding ability to play the run, he could really jump up some boards. That, and as long as he doesn't slap any more cab drivers in Iowa City...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I think this year he really needs to improve his pass rush and overall consistency. It also would really help for him to work on his technique since right now he has adequate technique but mainly gets by on pure power and athleticism.

If he can show a great pass rush ability to couple with his outstanding ability to play the run, he could really jump up some boards. That, and as long as he doesn't slap any more cab drivers in Iowa City...
The cab driver deserved it. You don't tell Adrian Clayborn what to do.

He's a beast. He ate Tate Forcier as a snack last year and was still hungry afterwards.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been pretty bi-polar with Clayborn, but I'm more towards putting him in my Top 10 overall.

I think his transition will be tougher than some are expecting, but his determination and elite motor will make him a valuable asset throughout his career.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simply known as the sex

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like both Clayborn and Heyward's value may not live up to the high expectations this season brings. Neither are elite pass rushers, and despite the big talk of 3-4 DEs being valuable, other than Tyson Jackson, we haven't quite seen that translate to the draft. Just don't be disappointed if they end up as mid 1st rounders, or with a bad year drop a round.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Clayborn and all, but I do think he's quite overhyped. Some folks are predicting Top 5 for him, and I just don't see it.

However, he is the man.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, he really needs to come out senior year and show that he has worked this offseason to eliminate any flaws in his game in order to by a high pick, imo. Like I said earlier, he doesn't have the best technique, often getting by on just sheer power and athleticism. He has shown to steadily improve in both technique and consistency, he just needs to keep doing it through his senior year.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-19-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
CB31
Rookie

CB31 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CB31 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He has the athletic talent and motor to succeed...just wish I'd see more consistency and a little better technique. And the character concerns as well.
CB31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB31 View Post
He has the athletic talent and motor to succeed...just wish I'd see more consistency and a little better technique. And the character concerns as well.
Yea, he slapped a cabbie for calling him the N word. He manned up to it and admitted he was wrong. Other than that, he has no character concerns.

But yea, it will probably be brought up during the process and made to be worse than guys getting DUIs and drug charges.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-19-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not buying a 285lb 34 DE. He needs to add 15 lbs.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beast.

I like him a lot as a prospect.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yea, he slapped a cabbie for calling him the N word..
I dont see that as wrong, I see that as a dude who doesnt let **** like that slide.

good for him

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I dont see that as wrong, I see that as a dude who doesnt let **** like that slide.

good for him
I usually don't advocate violence. But honestly, who is dumb enough to call Adrian Clayborn the N word? Seriously, look at this man:

Also, for shits and gigs, here's the girl that was stalking him last year:

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-20-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'm not buying a 285lb 34 DE. He needs to add 15 lbs.
Brett Keisel is about 280-285 and is a solid part of our defense. I like me some Clayborn. The way he bitched slapped PSU last year was sexy.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big fan of Heyward, but I love Clayborn. He is a poor man's Jared Allen in my opinion. What he needs to do is stop bulking up. I think the quickness, burst, and agility he has displayed is near an elite level, specifically for a man of his size (much like Jared Allen). He has shown the ability to be a dynamic pass rusher, as well as being an excellent run defender. What should be done with him at the NFL level is have him slim down to the 280's and play in a 4-3. He is in between both Vikings Defensive Ends right now in my opinion (Ray Edwards being the other one who is highly underrated for the most part). But, he has the potential to be like Jared, which is just scary.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Clayborn ultimately projects to LDE and not RDE. That's not to say he won't be great, there are guys out there who can be an absolute terror at RDE regardless of who is playing LDE, and be sort of useless as LDEs. Remember, Reggie White lined up against right tackles, and Aaron Kampman does as well.

I think he's a darn good player, and ultimately has the opposite concerns of the usual top flight DE prospect, but I'm not sure how much being projected to the left side of the defense will hurt his stock.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
herkyhawkeye
Rookie

herkyhawkeye is a cocksman.herkyhawkeye is a cocksman.herkyhawkeye is a cocksman.

Clayborn is in many of the plays at the end of the hawkeye d introduction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wirYshLQyU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNpMdwtbLv0
herkyhawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
herkyhawkeye
Rookie

herkyhawkeye is a cocksman.herkyhawkeye is a cocksman.herkyhawkeye is a cocksman.

FWIW, if you want to know of a bigtime riser in the draft. Wait until you see what Christian Ballard is gonna unleash this year. He is up to 6'5 315 lbs. Hes a DT for Iowa but was a DE before. Had something like 4 sacks and 7.5 tfl in the last 5 games of the year.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/374912/dthj-o.gif
herkyhawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce

Hes not going to be a pass rusher in the nfl. So i devalue him there right now. He was pretty good on tape, he has an odd in between physical body build though. Needs to put on 20 lbs and not lose any athleticism
bce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Brett Keisel is about 280-285 and is a solid part of our defense. I like me some Clayborn. The way he bitched slapped PSU last year was sexy.
Brett keisel is also 6 6
bce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

This guy's a straight-up beast. I'll be shocked if he doesn't put up at least 10 sacks and 20 TFLs this year.

So far he has been pretty much unblockable in Iowa's first two games. Can't wait to see what he does against better competition.

Pencil him in as a top 10 pick in the draft.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please fall to the Patriots. Please. I love watching this guy shed blocks like he dipped into grease to become more slippery. He slips blocks like like wet kids on slip and slides.