Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rescue Players from your Rivals

Premise is simple: Choose one player from each of your 3 division rivals that you'd like to add to your own team and explain why.

For the Bears:

Detroit - Calvin Johnson - Delmas is tempting as we need a safety more than just about anything else right now, but Johnson is just some competence from Stafford and the o-line from being truly elite. He already has the physical side of things down, just needs the production and with Cutler flinging the ball all over, he'd get it with the Bears. Plus he'd make Knox and Hester look better since he'd draw the coverage.

Green Bay - BJ Raji - This was actually a tough call....I don't think GB's safeties are that much better than ours, and with having taken Calvin, I wouldn't really need any of their receivers. So, I'll take Raji and plunk him at NT. Let him absorb blockers letting our linebackers run free and letting guys like Harris, Peppers and Idonije exploit more one on ones to rush the passer. Would make the whole rest of our defense better if the pass rush improves.

Minnesota - Adrian Peterson - Fumbling issues aside, Peterson is still a beastly runner who could easily rack up 300 yards in any given week. Keep him fresh using Forte and his former mate Chester Taylor and the run game should be sick.

Still weaknesses with the interior o-line and the safeties, but the other teams in this division don't have anyone that much better really....

So who would you take?
Old 07-23-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd make it simple and take Peyton Manning, Andre Johnson and MJD. Add that to what the Tits already have on offense and you've got a darn near unstoppable offense.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Steelers:

From Cleveland: LT Joe Thomas - Arguably the best LT in the game, and we desperately need offensive line help.

From Cincinnati: LB Rey Maualuga - Kind of unexpected, especially with other players like Leon Hall or maybe even Andre Smith available, but I think that Maualuga would be a special player as a 3-4 ILB for us, more specifically playing the buck role. Would enable Timmons to switch over to the Mack, and wreak havoc everywhere. If not Maualuga, then definitely Andre Smith, and see if he could play guard.

From Baltimore: LT Michael Oher - A beast in the making. We need help all over the o-line and this guy is a player. Strongly considered Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Ray Rice, Ben Grubbs, and Jared Gaither, but Reed is old and injury prone, we've already got Woodley and Harrison and Worilds and Gibson, we've got Mendenhall, and I felt Oher is and will be a better player than Grubbs and Gaither.

If we got those players, our O-line would be:

LT: Joe Thomas
LG: Chris Kemoeatu
C: Maurkice Pouncey
RG: ??? (Andre Smith if we took him).
RT: Michael Oher

Nothing would stop the offense anymore.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 07-23-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'd make it simple and take Peyton Manning, Andre Johnson and MJD. Add that to what the Tits already have on offense and you've got a darn near unstoppable offense.
Teehee.

But that would be a truly amazing team.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans-Demeco Ryans- Great young middle linebacker. It would have been cush if he was not on the juice. Thought about super mario but it would be hard to split time between freeney/mathis/hughes.

Titans- Michael Roos- Any upgrade would be good along the offensive line. He has been an all pro one point and is one of the better blindside protectors. 2nd option would be Cortland Finnegan.

Jaguars- MoJo Drew- It was a really tough one for this team. In the end it had to be little hercules.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indianapolis Colts - Gotta go with Peyton Manning. Their best player. Better than VY. Would give us a legit passing attack to pair with the OL and CJ2k.

Houston Texans - Andre Johnson. CJ2k + Peyton Manning + Andre Johnson + Titans OL = All things nice.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Uhhh, it's gotta be DEF. Pass-rush and CB depth were the issues last year, so that means Kampman or Mathis/Cox. I think I'll go with Kampman. Makes the DE's a 4 deep rotation with Morgan, Kampman, Hayes, and Ford, and an improved pass-rush will improve the secondary.

Offense:

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Chris Johnson
FB: Ahmard Hall
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Kenny Britt
Slot: Damian Williams/Jared Cook
TE: Bo Scaife/Jared Cook
LT: Michael Roos
LG: Leroy Harris
C: Eugene Amano
RG: Jake Scott
RT: David Stewart

Defense:

RE: William Hayes/Jacob Ford
NT: Tony Brown
UT: Jason Jones, Sen'Derrick Marks
LE: Derrick Morgan/Aaron Kampman
ROLB: Will Witherspoon
MIKE: Stephen Tulloch
LOLB: David Thornton/Gerald McRath
CB: Cortland Finnegan
CB: Jason McCourty
FS: Michael Griffin
SS: Chris Hope

I'll take it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=BeerBaron;2239299]

Green Bay - BJ Raji - This was actually a tough call....I don't think GB's safeties are that much better than ours, and with having taken Calvin, I wouldn't really need any of their receivers. So, I'll take Raji and plunk him at NT. Let him absorb blockers letting our linebackers run free and letting guys like Harris, Peppers and Idonije exploit more one on ones to rush the passer. Would make the whole rest of our defense better if the pass rush improves.[quote]

i lol'd

Vikings: Jared Allen: Have him as a OLB in the 3-4
Lions: Calvin Johnson: Best offense eva
Bears: umm...Robbie Gould?
Old 07-23-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit - Calvin Johnson
Yes we're already well off at WR, but you can't pass up Calvin Johnson. Besides, it's not like there's anyone else worth taking from the Lions roster. Having Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, JerMichael Finely, Donald Driver, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson all available to Aaron Rodgers would be ridiculous. Instant MVP right there, and probably Super Bowl.

Minnesota - Adrian Peterson
I'm not one of those Packer fans that's down on Ryan Grant, but this is a clear upgrade. Put Peterson in the backfield with that aerial attack and the offense is unstoppable. Even without the best offensive line there would be so many ways to burn a defense if they brought too much pressure that they'd have to back off a bit.

Chicago - Lance Briggs
Honestly there's not a lot I'd want from Chicago. The strengths that they do have don't really match up with what we're missing. Plugging Briggs in for Hawk should be a nice little upgrade though.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pittsburgh - Lamarr Woodley, OLB - We need pass rushers in a bad way and Woodley is an incredibly balanced threat to add to our defense

Baltimore - Haloti Ngata, DL - We could have a DLine with Rogers and Ngata at ends and Rubin at the nose

Cincinnati - Andre Smith, OT - With Thomas and Mack, we would have one of the best lines in the league for a decade

Last edited by wonderbredd24 : 07-23-2010 at 07:02 PM.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=PACKmanN;2239337][quote=BeerBaron;2239299]

Green Bay - BJ Raji - This was actually a tough call....I don't think GB's safeties are that much better than ours, and with having taken Calvin, I wouldn't really need any of their receivers. So, I'll take Raji and plunk him at NT. Let him absorb blockers letting our linebackers run free and letting guys like Harris, Peppers and Idonije exploit more one on ones to rush the passer. Would make the whole rest of our defense better if the pass rush improves.
Quote:

i lol'd

Burnett's a rookie....Collins is like every other safety on our roster in that he'll go for the big play and get burned, and Bigby hasn't been healthy and hasn't been as good as he's cracked up to be when he is healthy. Unless I'm forgetting anyone (nfl.com roster mentions no worthwhile others) then I'd say they really aren't that much better than the 6 or 8 mediocre at best guys we already have.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Vikings: Peterson (Allen can't play linebacker)
Lions: Megatron (We're loaded at WR and Suh is tempting, but...)
Bears: Peppers (I don't think anyone else on their roster would upgrade us anywhere) :o) lol
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=BeerBaron;2239344][quote=PACKmanN;2239337]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Burnett's a rookie....Collins is like every other safety on our roster in that he'll go for the big play and get burned, and Bigby hasn't been healthy and hasn't been as good as he's cracked up to be when he is healthy. Unless I'm forgetting anyone (nfl.com roster mentions no worthwhile others) then I'd say they really aren't that much better than the 6 or 8 mediocre at best guys we already have.
Nick Collins is much better than anyone the Bears have. I know he never gets the respect he should on this board, but damn, that's low even for a Bears fan.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pittsburgh Steelers-Troy P. HIm and Reed give us the 2 best safteys in football.

Cleveland Browns-Shaun Rogers. The dline would be
RDE-Ngata
NT-Cody
LDE-Rogers

that is over 1,000 pounds of madness up there.

Cinncinnatti-Give me Leon Hall/John Joseph. IDK which CB is better but we would take the best one to bolster this secondary.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NY Giants: Justin Tuck

As bad as I wanted to say Clint Sintim for some reason because he'd tear it up in our system, Tuck would be a monster. Parcells wanted him for his 3-4, he'd be even better in Wade's. Would be able to get after the passer and hold his own in the run dept, a game changing DE.

Philly: Broderick Bunkley

I had a really tough time finding a guy to take, because most the guys I would take were set at that position. He's not the greatest fit, but another stout D-lineman up front surely won't hurt and we'd put him in great situations where he wouldn't have to be consistently doubled. They didn't have any safeties, CB's, or ILB's I'd take.

Washington: Brian Orakpo

So? We'll figure out how to get all 3 pass-rushers on the field at the same time, and I'd love for defenses to figure out how to block them when all 3 of them are changing from left to the right before the snap and rushing from all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

[quote=GB12;2239347][quote=BeerBaron;2239344]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

Nick Collins is much better than anyone the Bears have. I know he never gets the respect he should on this board, but damn, that's low even for a Bears fan.
If you combined all of the Bears and Packers safeties, would Collins be the best? Yeah probably...but he's not that incredible of an upgrade. It's not like he'd be a young Ed Reed thrown into the mix.

Btw...why are quotes in quotes suddenly broken?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SF - Vernon Davis
STL - Sam Bradford (though I don't want to pay that contract)
SEA - Earl Thomas

Last edited by fenikz : 07-23-2010 at 07:21 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Vikings:
Green Bay Aaron Rodgers -- Pretty simple, one of the absolute best young QBs in the game, throw him in this offense and save for Oline, there is no need for an offensive player for the next half decade. Throwing to Rice, Harvin, Berrian, and Shiancoe with Peterson and Gerhart out of the back field, just sick.

Chicago To be honest, I don't really know who to say here. The positions that we have needs at are positions the Bears are also weak at. NT to replace Pat, nobody. Safety to upgrade over Madeiu/Tyrell, nobody. OL replacements for McKinnie/Hutch in the next couple years or an upgrade over Herrera/Sullivan, nobody. I guess I'd have to say Lance Briggs, let him take over for Leber, who is solid but unspectacular and is also a FA after this season, and you have an excellent LB core(partially assuming EJ comes back fine from the knee injury, although Brinkley looked solid as a rookie) with Briggs, EJ, and Greenway.

Detroit This is a bit tough as we don't need another WR, so Calvin is out. I don't really know who to say between Suh and Delmas. Suh would be a beast next to Allen, Kevin, and Edwards but Safety is a much bigger need, so I'd probably say Louis Delmas, but you couldn't go wrong saying Suh.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions

CHI: Julius Peppers
GB: Charles Woodson (PBHN)
MIN: Steve Hutchinson <33
Old 07-23-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers - Troy P

Ravens - Ed Reed

Browns - Joe Thomas

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders

SD - You can give me Rivers, thought about Jackson...

KC - Uh right now without seeing him play probably Eric Berry, him and Branch would be nice.

DEN - If it was this year, I might have to go with NT Jamal Williams.. getting older but can play another year or 2 at a solid level. Who else? Maybe if Marshall was still there, or Ryan Clady actually
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Raiders

SD - You can give me Rivers, thought about Jackson...

KC - Uh right now without seeing him play probably Eric Berry, him and Branch would be nice.

DEN - If it was this year, I might have to go with NT Jamal Williams.. getting older but can play another year or 2 at a solid level. Who else? Maybe if Marshall was still there, or Ryan Clady actually
Go for Nmadi and Champ!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-23-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys - DeMarcus Ware is one of, if not the best LB in the league and the eagles have a huge weakness at SLB barring a breakout year by a young player. Ware could easily make the transition to the 4-3 where he can play a role similar to what Orakpo played for Washington last year. I though about Mike Jenkins because CB is probably an even bigger question mark than SLB, but Ware is too good to pass up, so I'll go with DeMarcus Ware.

Giants - Chris Snee is tempting here as Stacy Andrews is a question mark at the RG position, but he can be damn good if he can come back healthy. This is the eagles' best opportunity to grab a CB to play opposite Samuel, but should I go with Webster or Thomas? A year ago I probably would have said Webster, but he was exposed a little bit last season while Thomas took a step forward, so I'll go with Terrell Thomas.

Redskins - This is a tough one. The redskins have a pretty good duo of OTs but the eagles' is nothing to scoff at either. I guess I'd have to go with Albert Haynesworth. I'm weary about the contract/attitude, but I'm sure he'd be thrilled to be in the eagles' blitz-heavy 4-3 defense. Try to stop the front 4 of Haynesworth, Cole, Bunkley and Graham.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

[quote=BeerBaron;2239352][quote=GB12;2239347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

If you combined all of the Bears and Packers safeties, would Collins be the best? Yeah probably...but he's not that incredible of an upgrade. It's not like he'd be a young Ed Reed thrown into the mix.

Btw...why are quotes in quotes suddenly broken?
Collins is one of the best safeties in the NFC. I guess if your saying the value of a safety wouldn't be worth it over upgrading somewhere else I completely understand. The way you worded it, however, was that the Bears safeties aren't far behind Collins, which certainly isn't true.

PACKmanN messed up the quotes when he forgot a "/" on his end quote.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Chiefs I will take Rivers from SD Dumervil from Denver and Asomugha from Oakland.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Splat - you need a 3-4 DE....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack