Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who will be the next Micheal Vick comperison ?

Is it too early to tell from our rookie QB s to tell which of the two between Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow to be the next Vick comparison as in abilities to be a scrambler QB / passer a like.I now Tebow is looking to be a premier pocket passer but will he rise into a scrambler like Vick did in his prime .
Or will we see the good ole boy Colt McCoy take the plunged.McCoy and Tebow both have the passing ability IMO to be good QB s in future years. SO what do you guys think about this idea .. Lets all keep the hate aside since I know people will try and come in and do it . Lets here some good in both QB s ..
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Vick could run a 4.3 40. He could out run Tebow and McCoy while being buried up to his head in water.

Having said that, Both are better passers than Vick. So the comparison is stupid.

A potential possibility is Jake Locker, who reportedly ran a 4.39 at UW. However, I think he'll run closer to 4.55 at the combine.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither.
Robert Griffin of baylor will be the next realistic comparison.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
Robert Griffin of baylor will be the next realistic comparison.
First, he has to show that he healed after his torn ACL. Second, he has to carry that team to a better record than his only full season.

Also, the delusion that McCoy is a future star in this league is hilarious.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
Is it too early to tell from our rookie QB s to tell which of the two between Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow to be the next Vick comparison as in abilities to be a scrambler QB / passer a like.I now Tebow is looking to be a premier pocket passer but will he rise into a scrambler like Vick did in his prime .
Or will we see the good ole boy Colt McCoy take the plunged.McCoy and Tebow both have the passing ability IMO to be good QB s in future years. SO what do you guys think about this idea .. Lets all keep the hate aside since I know people will try and come in and do it . Lets here some good in both QB s ..
lol you turd.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually one of the few people on this board that likes Tebow but the comparison to Vick is way off.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obvious choice is obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Mike Vick could run a 4.3 40. He could out run Tebow and McCoy while being buried up to his head in water.
Yeah but if we are bringing water into this, if the race was on water? Easy Tebow win.

I like Tebow a lot actually too. I am realistic about his success though. But of all the QBs to compare him to, Vick is one of the last ones. Similar in maybe they aren't conventional QBs but that's about it.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Yeah but if we are bringing water into this, if the race was on water? Easy Tebow win.

I like Tebow a lot actually too. I am realistic about his success though. But of all the QBs to compare him to, Vick is one of the last ones. Similar in maybe they aren't conventional QBs but that's about it.
Truth everybody knows Jesus can walk on water....and black people can't win j/k

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Truth everybody knows Jesus can walk on water....and black people not named McNair or McNabb can't win
Fixed for you.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Pat White was gonna be the closest guy to Vick's skillset in the NFL.
Where is he now? Not even running the Fishes Wildcat?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Fixed for you.
D'oh...i meant to put swim. Idk where i got win from.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Fixed for you.
You forgot Warren Moon.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You forgot Warren Moon.
Haha crackhead.. no.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

am I the only one that thinks Terrelle Pryor is the closest to Vick? Super strong arm, very fast outside the pocket with great elusiveness and going to get a shot at the top of the draft to play QB in the NFL. I think Pryor has had alot more hype than Vick had to deal with at a much younger age, but he seems to be in the Vick mold.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
am I the only one that thinks Terrelle Pryor is the closest to Vick? Super strong arm, very fast outside the pocket with great elusiveness and going to get a shot at the top of the draft to play QB in the NFL. I think Pryor has had alot more hype than Vick had to deal with at a much younger age, but he seems to be in the Vick mold.
but Pryor can throw a spiral

Old 07-24-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
First, he has to show that he healed after his torn ACL. Second, he has to carry that team to a better record than his only full season.

Also, the delusion that McCoy is a future star in this league is hilarious.
I was gonna say Robert Griffin but then you reminded me of that acl

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
I was gonna say Robert Griffin but then you reminded me of that acl
I follow the Big XII closely. Other conferences? Not so much.

Also, gig 'em Aggies.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
but Pryor can throw a spiral
Can or can't? Because Vick's problem was never the spiral, it's just that the ball would spiral in a direction that no offensive player was.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Obvious choice is obvious.

I once was blind. Dwight Dasher threw a lazer-rocket pass into my head and now I see.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
Pryor isn't that athletic. Vick was a freak. Pryor is extremely good, but he's not Mike Vick.

Mike Vick could have gotten away from Brandon Graham.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Denard Robinson ever learns to throw a football, it could be him!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Vick could have gotten away from Brandon Graham.
Lies. Nobody escapes Brandon Graham's wrath.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:44 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tons of people will get the comparison, but odds are we don't see another player like Vick. Guys come and go, Reggie McNeal got the comparison from some but it turned out he couldn't play QB and he got drafted in like the 6th round to play WR for the Bengals, but nobody really makes it in the NFL. Vick had a cannon and wheels, which some guys have, but while he wasn't a super accurate NFL QB most guys with that skill set aren't accurate enough to make it work. He was a really rare player. Plus NFL QB's really have to play in the pocket anyway, something he had trouble learning, so scramblers are always going to have an uphill battle unless (and sometimes even if) they're they're really, really special talents.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote