Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Kentwan Balmer is on the block in San Fran. I read he could be had for a 6th or 7th round pick. Now I know he has work ethic issues, but for a sixth or seventh rounder, I'd take a chance on him to see if the lights turn on for him. It'd be a huge steal for us if it happens. That said, I doubt we take a look at him.
For a guy who quit on his team, nope.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember he wanted to play for us prior to being drafted. That being said, I think he'll get released, I'd only pursue him then.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just saw the game. pouncey is sweet sexual magic on the field, what a first NFL game for him

gibson was on the field soooo much, and was pretty active for only having 2 tackles....damn weather conditions holding him back lol

lol at redman, i just dont know what to think about him. i guess if he makes it over summers im ok with that

i think el is gonna get the ******* AX....and it will be wonderful
Old 08-16-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made a Woodley sig because he is the secks and its a cool pic...feel free to use it!

Old 08-16-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Made a Woodley sig because he is the secks and its a cool pic...feel free to use it!

I'll take it! :)

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forget my Balmer theory. He got traded to the Seahawks.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pouncey has been getting first team reps at center. Looks like he will be our starting center. Sweet. Maybe Hartwig can play guard, or Foster can win the RG job.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Couple updates:

- Dwyer and Keisel were the only two guys hurt vs. Detroit. Dwyer had a stinger that is still giving him some issues right now, and Keisel had a minor calf injury.

- For the first time in all of TC, Pouncey got some reps as the first team center. Coaches say he was impressive in his debut, and that, while he wasn't perfect, he did better than expected. Roethlisberger praised his signals and calls, saying that, according to him and the other QB's, he didn't commit a single mistake.

- Roethlisberger wanted to practice snaps, and instead of asking Hartwig to help him, he asked Pouncey. He wants to get used to the delivery. Another strong and recent piece of evidence that Pouncey is now definitely in the run to be our starting center come Week 1.

- Mendenhall was running with the ball very close to his chest today. He got a lot of mouthfuls from coaches after his fumble vs Detroit, as well as for not finishing runs as aggressively as coaches would like him to.

- Team is disappointed with the way ST played vs. Detroit. After getting a new coach and placing a lot of emphasis on ST during practice, there was no visible improvement.

- It seems that both Sanders and Brown are gradually locking up their roster spots, and the odd man out will very likely be Stefan Logan. Brown and Sanders can return kicks, but Logan offers very little as a WR, so being a one trick pony means he's not going to last.

- Coaches are impressed with Sly (Stevenson Sylvester) and everything points to him making the 53 man roster, with the team carrying 9 LB's. Harrison, Woodley, Farrior, Timmons, Foote, Fox, Gibson, Worilds, and Sly appear to fill the slots. Coaches are high on Renauld Williams too.

**IMO, Sly seems to be a great fit for us as a buck. This would free up Timmons as a mack, allowing him to be the playmaker while Sly takes on offensive linemen. For me, a good buck LB has to have great instincts and great explosiveness during contact. From what I've seen, Sly has both. Check out his highlights from the game as well as from college, he brings a pop to all his hits and every now and then lays a lick on opposing players. That definitely helps when taking on much heavier offensive linemen.

- Arians has stated that Roethlisberger will play vs. the Giants on Saturday.

- Arians also said that Pouncey made the correct calls during 3rd downs, which are the hardest to get right.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 08-16-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Pouncey has been getting first team reps at center. Looks like he will be our starting center. Sweet. Maybe Hartwig can play guard, or Foster can win the RG job.
hartwig would get murdered at guard, even worse than he does at center....he has no future with this team
Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I agree, but I can somehow see the coaches wanting to get him on the field. I really want Foster to win the job.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i want foster too, honestly i think legursy, essex (who was pretty terrible in the run game) or any of our "tackles" like hills (who looked good against detroit btw), scott.....urbik (ha) would all be better options at RG than hartwig
Old 08-17-2010, 09:18 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

If Pouncey starts at center, which now seems likely, then either Hartwig or Legursky might get cut, as we would not need two backup C/Gs. I prefer Legursky as he can also Fb it on goalline plays. Hartwig is still an experienced Vet who would fill in ok. He's technically sound, just not macho enough to handle the beefcakes he would have to face in our division.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

hartwig would get cut or mahan'd for a 7th rounder....legursky can play C and G as well as FB, hartwig offers nothing at guard
Old 08-17-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Sounds like coaches really want Keenan Lewis to win the starting job besides Ike. I don't think he'll win it or is ready yet, but that's some high praise for a guy who missed his whole rookie season. I think if he keeps improving, he and BMac will switch like they did with BMac/*** and BMac/Shea.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love for Lewis to win the starting job, but i dont see where that leaves BMac...im not sure he has the skillset to play the nickel/dime, has he got the short area qickness to keep up with slot recievers?
Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Personally I want BMac to win the job and if KLew performs well enough to replace Ike, then do that.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Antonio Brown will be returning on Saturday. I hope he does a good job because I love the kids skills with the ball in his hands. I believe he was a steal.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

im loving antonio brown. i admit i knew nothing about him when we drafted him and thought he was just a camp body but hes a cocky little ****** and i love that
Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i watched the game again....hills was pretty ******* good when he played, thats encouraging. jonathan scott was atrocious.

essex HANDLED suh every play, it was refreshing to see that

pouncey was just dominating in every aspect against any player. i think i have some serious man love for him and gibson
Old 08-18-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

One of our favorite prospects last year, Alphonso Smith, might get cut. I MAY want to take a look at him, because I believe he'd be a beast in our system, but I think Burnett is making great strides and will be a total ballhawk in the near future.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

damn they gave up a first round pick to move up in the second for his ass, i loved him and butler last year.

they must really like cox, i thought cox and smith could be a sick duo when champ hangs them up
Old 08-18-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

If Smith got cut i'd definately give him a look...i love Burnett, but Smith has more potential than either him or Gai.

Ike - BMac - Lewis - Smith - *** - Burnett

That would be a sick deep group, 3 of them are good enough to be starters, and the other three are high end nickle/dime players.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Also Ed Bouchette has said if they try to land Crezdon Butler on the PS, another team would snap him up. Thats pretty gash, i like Butler allot, but the PS would probably be the best place for him this year.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Where did you read about the possibly Alphonso Smith cut?
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

It says here he's on the roster bubble.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...349?source=rss

Props to clover_jeez!