Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For the second consecutive year, Ryan McBean is one. He became a surprise starter last year and he's a surprise starter again this year. I figured McBean would be demoted to backup this year after the Broncos paid decent money to three defensive linemen -- Justin Bannan, Jamal Williams and Jarvis Green. But McBean has so far edged out Green on the starting base defense at right end. Green will replace McBean in nickel situations.
**** you mcbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

I see a 0% chance for the Alphonso Smith release :) You can dream tho, but really 0 chance. They won't give up on a pick worth a first rounder after a year for sure.
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some tape breaking down both Tony Hills and Frank Summers during the last game.

Not mine, SteelersDepot's videos.

Summers

Hills

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some film on Pouncey, he had a great game.

He played well in every single play, always completing his assignments. The only play where I saw him struggle a bit was at the 1:07 mark, where the defender started getting some ground on him. Pouncey still held him back long enough to have the play develop.

As for the rest of the game, he had great run-blocking, picked up delayed blitzes and stunts, great, virtually seamless "passing on defenders," constantly got to the second level, surprised to see how athletic he is and how strong he is. In the long Redman run, look at him running the 33 yards to keep up with Redman. The last couple of yards were actually a push by Pouncey, and he then pushes off a defender while on his knees. Consistently finished plays.

Again, the video is not mine, credit goes to Dagger.

http://vimeo.com/14164409

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I haven't heard much from you guys on Dixons vs. Leftys performance Sat?
I know it was the 1st game, and Dixon played against back ups...but Lefty scared me a bit. He looked awful and Dixon looked amazing.
What do you guys think?
Old 08-19-2010, 08:30 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

Our o-line was so bad when lefty was in, he didn't have a pocket to pass out of even once. I doubt anyone would have looked good. He underthrew Wallace who had beaten his man down the sideline, but had defenders all over him. His completions were short dumpoffs, again with hordes of defenders in his face. DD looked perfect against backups, both running and passing. If we play a team that sits its starters, I want DD as our Qb.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

leftwich is terrible, i cant see a good reason to start him at this point. dixon has been better in camp and if he continues to move the offense in preseason you have to start him

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. Plus with Dixon, you get the threat of him running, which can put defenders on their heels and take a little off the pass rush. I honestly wonder if Lefty isn't cut/traded by the end of camp and we keep DD and Batch as our backups.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

batch cant play anymore, he really doesnt deserve a roster spot

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Dixon can move the ball well against starters in the preseason, I say start him. In the mean time, Leftwich gives us the best chance to start right now. I want DD to start, but I also want to win.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
According to an article in the Post Gazette, 7 of the 8 LB positions are already locked up. Harrison, Farrior, Woodley, Timmons, Foote, Worilds, and Keyaron Fox.

The last position is being fought over between 3 players

Gibson, Sylvester, and Bailey
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10231/1081085-66.stm

i would punch a baby in the back of the ******* head if they let gibson go on to be a start olb somewhere else....seriously id be beyond furious.

i would like to see sylvester make it too though, its not that unheard of to keep 9 LBs in a 34

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, they'll keep 9 LBs. Gibson will be the last one if they do indeed take 8.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

gibson should be much higher on the depth chart than worilds who has struggled and then battled injuries. second round pick or not, he needs to show something to justify keeping him over gibson.

i hate that foote is on the roster btw, and farrior needs to hang them up after this year because i dont even feel comfortable with him as a mack considering he was the slowest defender on the field at any given time last year. they wouldnt have the balls to cut him even though hes clearly lost like 3 steps all of the sudden after a terrific surge of great play late in his career

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance Sylvester gets the PS?
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

My final roster prediction:

QB: Big Ben, Lefty, Dixon (3)
RB: Mendenhall, Dwyer, Redman, Moore (4)
WR: Hines, Wallace, Sanders, ARE, Battle, Brown (6)
TE: Heath, Spaeth, Johnson(FB) (3)
OL: Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Foster, Adams, Legursky, J Scott, Essex, Hills (9)

DL: Smith, Hampton, Keisel, Hoke, Hood, Harris (6)
LB: Harrison, Wood, Farrior, Timmons, Foote, Fox, Stevenson, Worilds, Gibson (9)
CB: Ike, BMac, Lewis, Burnett, ***, Butler (6)
S: Troy, Clark, Mundy, Allen (4)
K: Reed
P: Sepulveda
LS: Warren

PS: Dorian Brooks, Doug Worthington, Chris Scott, Cromartie-Smith, Grisham

With Worthington/Harris, I think one of them gets the last spot. I went with Harris. I think Worthington can and will fight for a spot regardless, though.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice predictions man, pretty much exactly the same as i think...the only difference i have is that Tank Summers will make it as a FB/STer, and one of Scott/Hills/Harris/Sly/Butler will be gone...the latter 3 would be headed to the PS if possible.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
Any chance Sylvester gets the PS?
I think someone will pick him up, with so many 3-4 teams and its very hard to find a good ILB.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

So according to this, Dwyer will likely go to the Practice Squad. Definitely wouldn't like this, as I'm pretty confident another team would pick him up. He hasn't had bad practices, he just hasn't had practices. Stupid injuries.

Dwyer is listed as doubtful for tomorrow's game, and he didn't participate in the contact drills this week.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/08...ractice-squad/

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Give me a dinged up Dwyer over Redman anyday of the week. It's not even close, too.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

For anyone who visits Steelers.com regularly, make sure you catch Ryan Clark's part of him being on the Training Camp staff. Dude is absolutely hillarious.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

**** you Kemoeatu. And STOP UNDERTHROWING MIKE WALLACE!

Stupid, consecutive 8+ yard losses. Fan-*******-tastic.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Ok, so who did Ike get in a fight with? How did it start? Who won? I missed the first half.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Nooo, Redman injured.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Ok, so who did Ike get in a fight with? How did it start? Who won? I missed the first half.
Ike and Hakeem Nicks started shoving and stuff, and apparently punches were thrown, and both got ejected.

Pouncey playing great again, first team offense struggled again, even with Ben in there.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Redman back.

Props to clover_jeez!