Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redman is UNSTOPPABLE! lol

Pouncey moving gingerly :(

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My boy ES making plays tonight.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just caught the end of this one. How did we look? Who was better Dixon or Lefty? How was Ben?
Steelersfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dixon by far. Maurkice Pouncey is a beast. As a guy who played O-line, he was giving me a chubby the way he was making blocks down field. He is going to be something special.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dixon is not going to start IMO. Tomlin likes him, but I don't think Arians will play him much. Lefty looks like our backup for many, many years. I want DD to start, but it's looking unlikely. Personally, I'd start DD these four games and then trade him for a pick or a position of need. When Ben gets back, it'll be Ben-Lefty-other QB.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Personally, I'd start DD these four games and then trade him for a pick or a position of need. When Ben gets back, it'll be Ben-Lefty-other QB.
So help me, TT and I had that very same conversation last night when we were watching the game.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
So help me, TT and I had that very same conversation last night when we were watching the game.
I just don't get what Arians doesn't see in Dixon. Yeah he doesn't have Byron's arm, but hardly anyone does. Dixon has improved a lot since he came in as a very raw QB. I'd like to see him start, but I think Lefty might give us the best chance to win.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's also Florio's theory. I hate Florio, but it goes like this:

The Steelers don't want to play Dixon because they're afraid he'll be awesome and will warrant the starting gig over Roethlisberger once he comes back.

That's a crock of **** if you ask me, but still. And I do think that we should play Dixon as well, even if the team ultimately decides to go with Leftwich.

As for the trade, I could definitely see Dixon being a newer version of Matt Schaub or Matt Cassel if given the chance. A team like the Vikings or the Bills might be interested in acquiring him.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Florio is such a tool.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Leftys starting, the coaches have to be going for the best chance to win. Leftys proven, and been very successful in this league.
Dixon would be awesome for us to see, the fans, so we can check out how far along he's come, and watch his awesome style of play!
But I think the coaches are afraid of that interception against Baltimore; sure Dixon could have a killer couple of quarters...but theres still too great a chance that at the wrong time he throws the wrong pass.
That has to be the reason the coaches start Lefty?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Dixon doesn't fully get the concept of the playbook, meaning he doesn't know it all. He also has happy feet and wants to run it everytime from what I have read. I think they'll impliment some kind of package for him to come in and run or something along the lines.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
If Leftys starting, the coaches have to be going for the best chance to win. Leftys proven, and been very successful in this league.
Dixon would be awesome for us to see, the fans, so we can check out how far along he's come, and watch his awesome style of play!
But I think the coaches are afraid of that interception against Baltimore; sure Dixon could have a killer couple of quarters...but theres still too great a chance that at the wrong time he throws the wrong pass.
That has to be the reason the coaches start Lefty?
That's part of the reason, plus what Hines added.

Our coaches prefer to go with experience rather than promise, and that's exactly what's happening right now. Dixon is really flashy and whatnot, but ultimately he's not as experienced as Leftwich, and that can definitely affect him near the end of games, when it matters most.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quick, mid-preseason mock.

1. OG/C Mike Pouncey, Florida
2. RB Noel Devine, WVU
3. OT/OG Marcus Cannon, TCU
4. CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado
5. NT Phil Taylor, Baylor
6. S Brian Lainhart, Kent State
7. FB Robert Hughes, Notre Dame

Love what Maurkice has done so far, so I want the other Pouncey too. Yeah, he might not have the exact same skills that Maurkice does, but they're pretty close. Maurkice has slightly better footwork and is a bit more athletic, which is why he'd stick at center and Mike would play guard. And yeah, it could be a slight reach in the first, but then again, depending on who you talk to, so was Maurkice.

Devine would be a perfect addition to our team, IMO. Mendenhall has the ability to be an every down back, but that doesn't mean he has to be. Dwyer was a stud in mini-camp and a big disappointment during training camp, and even though I still believe he can be a good RB for us, there are more and more reports saying that he'll likely be sent to the practice squad barring a monstruos and injury-free last two weeks. Devine would be the speed back that would spell Mendenhall, and would be great at it too. Powerful runner for his size, is elusive, and simply is lightning in a bottle.

Marcus Cannon is another offensive lineman I really like, mainly due to the fact that he's huge and athletic for a mammoth of his size. He'd be a good tackle, but I think he could be great if he slides inside, kind of like Carl Nicks did. Very strong, very powerful, and greatly improved last year by practicing against Jerry Hughes.

Jimmy Smith is a CB I really like, and even though it seems we already have enough CB's, I think it would definitely not hurt the team to add him. He's tall at 6'2 and athletic, and can make plays. Taylor is set to be a free agent after this season, and while we could have his replacement in Lewis or Burnett or someone else, I still want Smith. I also believe he could play safety in a pinch.

The last three guys are basically positions of need and players I think fit our scheme well.

Finally, I think an interior O-line of Mike, Maurkice, and Marcus could be amazing. We could get tackles next year, as there are a couple I like (Matt Reynolds, Josh Oglesby, and other juniors who could declare).

Been a boring day for me, so I did this. Really want more good offensive lineman after seeing the impact they can have on a team.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:21 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id blow a load all over the place if we had a draft like that.

leaves us hurting at WR next season though with ward another year older and those pussies el and battle probably still sucking
Old 08-23-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
That's part of the reason, plus what Hines added.

Our coaches prefer to go with experience rather than promise, and that's exactly what's happening right now. Dixon is really flashy and whatnot, but ultimately he's not as experienced as Leftwich, and that can definitely affect him near the end of games, when it matters most.
i dont get how you can hate on someone you drafted to be the backup QB for not having the experience. leftwich's experience hasnt helped him at all this deep into his career. if you never give a guy a chance you will never give him experience
Old 08-23-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

btw hood is kind of showing to be a training camp one on one drill hero and not much more come game time....i know you cant expect him to get big numbers but hes not really being effective most of the time either

and when i watch pouncey i get excited, like boner excited

Last edited by K Train : 08-23-2010 at 10:03 AM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
id blow a load all over the place if we had a draft like that.

leaves us hurting at WR next season though with ward another year older and those pussies el and battle probably still sucking
If Sanders and Brown continue to develop I would be fine with Ward/Wallace/Sanders/Brown and I guess El too.
Steelersfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

I know some/most of you have already given up on him, but we've still got Sweed. He had a whole new persona going for him, new number and everything, prior to his season-ending injury.

And Wallace, Sanders, and Brown seems like a good group of young WR's for the future, with veterans like Ward, Randle El, and Battle popping in every now and then. Barring a drop of the elite 4 receivers, I don't see WR as a priority at all.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I know some/most of you have already given up on him, but we've still got Sweed. He had a whole new persona going for him, new number and everything, prior to his season-ending injury.

And Wallace, Sanders, and Brown seems like a good group of young WR's for the future, with veterans like Ward, Randle El, and Battle popping in every now and then. Barring a drop of the elite 4 receivers, I don't see WR as a priority at all.
i think you are higher on sanders and brown that i am but a substantial amount. if they can step in and be mike wallace 2.0 and 3.0 then i have no worries....im not sure thats gonna happen though.

and i love sweed....i have been on board since day one and despite the heartache im still on there, and im a very bitter and hateful person when it comes to failed draft picks lol

i was watching pouncey again because i think im a total ****** for him, and i think he could potentially start at C and RG for us at the same time, its just a theory but mike pouncey MIGHT just have been an illusion all this time at florida, he might not really exist
Old 08-23-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
i think you are higher on sanders and brown that i am but a substantial amount. if they can step in and be mike wallace 2.0 and 3.0 then i have no worries....im not sure thats gonna happen though.
I feel that those three guys will be a good group of WR's for us in the future. Give Sanders and Brown a year or two and they could be good #2 and #3 guys, respectively. And that's assuming we don't get another WR anytime soon. I'm not saying they're going to be perennial Pro-Bowlers, just good players. But you're right, I am high on both guys, I really do like them. I know it's just preseason, but they're making plays, which is good. And as Ed Bouchette said, this could be the best pair of rookie WR's we've had since Swann and Stallworth.

Quote:
i was watching pouncey again because i think im a total ****** for him, and i think he could potentially start at C and RG for us at the same time, its just a theory but mike pouncey MIGHT just have been an illusion all this time at florida, he might not really exist
Say what? Not sure what you mean here...Do you mean that Mike is a Maurkice clone or that Mike just appeared to play well because Maurkice was beside him?

edit: were you watching Maurkice during preseason or Mike at Florida?

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 08-23-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

lol i was referring to maurkice being EVERYWHERE blocking everything in sight, maybe he doesnt really have a twin, it was just all him at florida, mike was just a myth to explain maurkices incredible skills. i just cant believe how well hes moved and how dominant hes been thus far. i expected him to be good, but not quite like this good already.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
lol i was referring to maurkice being EVERYWHERE blocking everything in sight, maybe he doesnt really have a twin, it was just all him at florida, mike was just a myth to explain maurkices incredible skills. i just cant believe how well hes moved and how dominant hes been thus far. i expected him to be good, but not quite like this good already.
Yeah, he has looked awesome. Don't remember who said he appeared to be playing at a Pro-Bowl level already.

I'm amazed by how well he transitions from blocking one defender to another one in the same play, taking both guys out. He takes care of the D-lineman and then takes out a LB as well. He then runs up and tussles with some DB's. Unbelievable.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

The Redskins signed our favorite and best past player, Tyrone Carter.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

all this talk about evander hood in camp ******* peoples days up left me disappointed (yet not really surprised) he looks the same out there as last year getting blown up on run plays by whoever is blocking him. so far his molesting every lineman we have including pouncey in camp has been for nothing on game day.

i know you all dont feel nearly as bitter about that pick as i do, but its discouraging now that i was thinking he MIGHT prove me wrong after all. and yes i know its still to early and only preseason and all that ****, im just stating my discourage so far this year cause despite me hating the pick i think i still might want him to do well and ill bite the bullet on the excessive hate ive spewed. to be continued lol
Old 08-23-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
The Redskins signed our favorite and best past player, Tyrone Carter.
and carey davis (or gary russell? one of them)

they take a certain offensive coordinator and they can compete with the cards