Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it's bye bye Urbik and Hills.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I have a feeling that Urbik might stay, don't know why. He just needed some footwork, but he is a true mauler.
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, another thing I like about Adams is that he's very durable. In 12 years, he's only missed 10 games, and it was during the 2005 season.

So he might be old and deaf on his right ear, but he's still a mauling tackle and has a good year or two left in the tank.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's now or never for Hills. The guy has shown nothing in two years, at least Urbik was a rookie this past season. I think that unless he miraculously turns into a serviceable player, he's gone. Urbik also offers some position versatility, while Hills is basically a T only.

And I'm not entirely sure about Urbik leaving, I think it will be between him and Legursky. And that will depend a lot on who Kugler likes more. Both offer versatility, though Urbik in OT and OG (supposedly) while Legursky at C and OG. Still, between those two, I think I'd keep Legursky.

We're one day away from seeing it all go down. Really happy training camp is here.

And to start things off, I'll post the first of the many updates I'll keep writing on here. There not mine, FYI, I just post them from multiple sites.

- Look for RB Isaac Redman to get a long look this year in short yardage situations. He impressed everyone in camp his rookie season but didn't get much playing time. Coach Mike Tomlin has mentioned him quite a bit in the offseason.

- The one area the Steelers are lacking in is a big play threat. The loss of Santonio Holmes leaves WR Mike Wallace the lone deep threat. Rookie WR Emmanuel Sanders could be, but the jury is still out.

- The coaching staff needs this training camp just as much as the players this season. The Steelers will debut four new coaches, while Randy Fitchner moves from WR to QB coach.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urbik can play C too.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ooooof, pretty glad to see that signing...he may be old, but hes a hell of allot better than whomever else was playing.

Heres my take on what i think the o-line will look like...

STARTERS: Starks/Adams - Kemo - Hartwig - Pouncey - Adams/Starks
BACKUPS: J. Scott/Essex - Foster/Essex/Urbik - Legursky - Foster/Essex/Urbik - J. Scott/Essex

Heres what i WISH it looked like...

STARTERS: Starks - Kemo - Pouncey - Foster - Adams
BACKUPS: J. Scott - Essex - Legursky - Urbik - J. Scott

(Trade Hartwig, Chris Scott to P.S, Hills to P.S)
Old 07-29-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

You forgot Adrian Jones, Jakey. I think he makes the team.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hills cant be placed on the ps can he?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think he can. Not too sure, though.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You forgot Adrian Jones, Jakey. I think he makes the team.
Ahhhh of course, that doesnt bode well for Urbik then, i really liked that kid aswell :[
Old 07-29-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Foster-Adams
Scott-Essex-Hartwig-Urbik-Jones-Scott

That's how I would like to see the OL.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

What do you guys think we do with the QB situation? Keep all 4 all season long? Cut Batch after Ben returns?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

We keep 4 QBs then cut Batch and bring him back as a coach.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Pouncey is close to signing.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Pouncey is close to signing.
And he signed :) No holdout again :D
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
Old 07-30-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenorx View Post
And he signed :) No holdout again :D
Excellent, now it's off to train, rookie!

And don't you carry Hartwig's (or any other offensive linemen's) pads! They deserve no respect.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Excellent, now it's off to train, rookie!

And don't you carry Hartwig's (or any other offensive linemen's) pads! They deserve no respect.
Heh well, I think a rookie has to do what he has to do :P Currently Hartwig has done more in the NFL then Pouncey, he has to prove first!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

We released linebackers Lindsey Witten and Johnny Williams, and long snapper Matt Stewart.

In their places are Pouncey, Worilds, and the Hotel.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I guess Greg Warren is ready to go.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
I guess Greg Warren is ready to go.
Yup.

Also, per Rotoworld:

The Steelers plan to keep Max Starks at left tackle this season, with newly signed Flozell Adams competing on the right side.

Adams isn't a clear upgrade in pass protection, but we'll see how long this lasts. While Starks can run block with the best of them, he's short on athleticism. For now, the Steelers' starting line looks to be LT Starks, LG Chris Kemoeatu, C Justin Hartwig, RG Trai Essex, RT Adams. Maurkice Pouncey will eventually win one of the inside spots. At least they're not trying Essex at left tackle, an idea that had disaster written all over it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10211...d=steelers.xml

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Also per other sources:

- The Steelers cleared up potential confusion on the offensive line today by issuing a statement that newly signed OT Flozell Adams will play on the right side and Max Starks will stay on the left.

- Today is the conditioning test, which will be done after the team checks in.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

The Ravens are dropping like flies. Dominique Foxworth is out for the year after tearing his ACL today, Ed Reed starts the season on the PUP list, Sergio Kindle fractured his skull falling down the steps, and Jared Gaither gets carted off today with a hurt back. Now I hate the Ravens, but this is sad. I want to play them with our best and their best, but it seem like that wont happen in the first game.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
The Ravens are dropping like flies. Dominique Foxworth is out for the year after tearing his ACL today, Ed Reed starts the season on the PUP list, Sergio Kindle fractured his skull falling down the steps, and Jared Gaither gets carted off today with a hurt back. Now I hate the Ravens, but this is sad. I want to play them with our best and their best, but it seem like that wont happen in the first game.
It seems that Gaither only had back cramps, but those could linger. In any case, yeah, it's not looking great for them. It sucks when a lot of your guys get injured, and it sucks that we won't play then with all their players. Complete Steelers vs. complete Ravens are awesome games to watch.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

regardless of injuries, the 1st game it wont be the same because you wont have big ben. The 2nd game should be awesome when Big Ben is back, and Reed and Webb should be as well.

I was just thinking about it the other day, I hate you guys but I <3 our rivlary. We are very fourtanete to be a part of something like this.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quick, somewhat insignificant camp updates:

- LT Max Starks on the state of the offensive line: "We have a unit that's been together and has good chemistry, and we've added an experienced veteran who'll pick up the offense easily. I think we have the makings of a great unit."

- Conditioning test already done, no reports of anyone failing it. Go Hampton!

- Tomlin on rookies and expectations: "We're looking for guys with high football character who want to put their hand in the pile and help us be successful."

- Tomlin regarding QB rotation and reps: "Byron Leftwich is going to get a significant number of snaps, followed by Dennis Dixon. Before everything is done, Ben (Roethlisberger) will have a productive camp."

Props to clover_jeez!