Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang, Ray Horton is expected to take Deshea Townsend as an assistant coach on his staff. I always knew Shea would become a very solid coach. I wanted him to become part of our staff when he decided not to play anymore.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who do you think becomes our new DB coach? Tomlin used to be one, so he probably knows a couple people.

Hopefully Rod Woodson :)

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do you think of the possibility of c. butler being an impact player next year?

the dude has good ball skills - unlike bmac and sillywilly gai, personally i dont see how he can be worse than the two and if we dont get a big time FA i hope that he gets the opportunity to step up

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have high hopes for Butler. He's the only one, along with Ike, that I want back in a Steeler uniform. I like BMac, so he stays.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id be so thrilled to get something out of crezdon butler this year....the talent is there.

this teams incompetence to draft DBs has hurt them as much as them ignoring the oline. coclough, lewis, burnett, ***, and poteat? jesus christ.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I have high hopes for Butler. He's the only one, along with Ike, that I want back in a Steeler uniform. I like BMac, so he stays.
i wish bmac lived up to his potential he showed in 05....he showed flashes of pure brilliance but since then has been reduced to be just a good tackling #2/3 CB. his potential was unreal, so disappointing
Old 02-09-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i wish bmac lived up to his potential he showed in 05....he showed flashes of pure brilliance but since then has been reduced to be just a good tackling #2/3 CB. his potential was unreal, so disappointing
I HOPE to sign a FA CB and draft a high CB so we can put BMac in the nickle and let him do work there. He played very well from what I remember when he was in that situation.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2010 Draft Redo:

Pouncey or McCourty?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Pouncey, definetly.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Crezdon has all the physical tools needed to be more than good, but I was kind of surprised he was never active.

I want to see him compete with Keenan Lewis and others for a starting spot next year.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

In my ideal world, I hope to get Champ Bailey and Jimmy Smith this offseason, let Gai walk, and just have Bailey-Ike-BMac-Smith-Butler as our corners.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quickie:

1. CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado
2. TRADE UP - OG Mike Pouncey, Florida
3. NT Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss
4. USED TO TRADE UP
5. FB Owen Marecic, Stanford
6. TE Schuyler Oordt, Northern Iowa
7. K Alex Henery, Nebraska

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

IMO, Willie Colon will tell a lot about our first round pick. If we resign him, we could be looking at CB or any defensive position. If we don't, I could see OL with that pick.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

donovan warren is on the team isnt he? or a futures deal? or some **** like that?

it would be delightful if warren and butler had a future with the team
Old 02-09-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Yes, Warren signed a future contracts with us. I really hope he pans out. There's a few guys we signed of future contracts that I like.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Joey Porter is looking to get cut again. IF, and key word if, he were to take a reduced role and reduced money, I'd LOVE to have him back at a last chance for him to win another ring and for him to retire a Steeler. I doubt it'd happen, though.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

joey will always be an all time favorite of mine....if tomlin can bring back those pussies randle el and foote....why the hell wouldnt he take a chance on porter. porter is by far the best former cowher steeler out there aside from chris hope maybe
Old 02-09-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I actually like Larry Foote.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Couple other guys recently cut/possibly going to get cut"

- NT Shaun Rogers, Browns
- DE Kenyon Coleman, Browns
- DE Jamaal Anderson, Falcons

All would be great depth for us, IMO. Anderson is still relatively young, Rogers and Coleman would be two year guys, IMO.

As for Porter, if he'd take a min contract, I'm all for it. But the truth is that he'd be the #4 OLB, as I think Worilds will be #3 and would mainly play ST. Still, I'd have nothing against the move.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Goose, I was just about to post about Rodgers and Coleman. Would not be mad if they came here. If motivated, Rodgers is a BEAST.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
I actually like Larry Foote.
Yeah, me too. I also like Randle El.

I don't expect ARE to be a starter anymore, he's just a sure-handed receiver/returner who won't always make a big play, but almost every time his number was called, he delivered, including in the Superbowl. He had the best catch of any of our receivers and had the two point conversion.

During punt returns, he was put in to simply catch the ball and not muff it. As a receiver, he won't burn you or anything, but he's definitely a good #4 option. Probably will be surpassed by Brown though.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Goose, I was just about to post about Rodgers and Coleman. Would not be mad if they came here. If motivated, Rodgers is a BEAST.
Yeah, just thinking about run-stopping packages with Hampton, Smith, and a motivated Rogers gets me excited. We'd win all defensive short-yardage situations.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Realistically, we aren't going to get Rogers. He's going to want big money and I wouldn't pay him that much to be a situational guy hoping he's motivated. Spears or Coleman would be ideal. That, or just let the draft take care of it.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Also, Hines Ward is going to have thumb and knee surgeries.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines was VERY upset after the game Sunday. Now I know this team was super motivated this year, but I'd watch out for them next season. Especially if we have a good draft and sign some key free agents. We could have a special season and get back to the big dance.