Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Tyron Smith has put on a lot of weight, looks like a legit Tackle now.
im glad you also listen to adam schefter

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
im glad you also listen to adam schefter
I'm not sure I know who that is, but I probably have seen him before. I think weight is really overrated, but in the eyes of scouts that could really help him out. He's only like 20 years old, so I don't think he should have put it on that quick.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Harris only measured in at 5'9. I like him and all, but I like my corners being bigger. I think he might fall a bit, but I'd take him on the Steelers in round 3 IF he is there, but I doubt he is. He'd be a great nickle corner IMO.

One guy to watch out for in the second round is Lance Kendricks. I think the Steelers like him a lot from what I have been reading on Steel City Insider.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MID COMBINE MOCK: (because im bored)

1: Marcus Cannon - OL - TCU
2: Brandon Harris - CB - Miami
3: Jerell Powe - NT - Ole Miss
4: Ahmad Black - FS/NB - Florida
5: Noel Devine - RB - WVU
6: Jeremy Beal - OLB - Oklahoma
7: David Mims - OT - Virginia Union

Would give alot of options on the Oline and in the secondary, Ideally...

Resign Flozell for a year or two, let Colon walk, resign Jonathan Scott, resign Essex as a backup...

LT: Max Starks, Jonathan Scott, Trai Essex
LG: Chris Kemoeatu, Ramon Foster
C: Maurkice Pouncey, Doug Legursky
RG: Marcus Cannon, Chris Scott
RT: Flozell Adams, Jonathan Scott, Trai Essex

Resign Ike, let Gaay walk, retain BMac for competition initially...

CB: Ike Taylor (resigned)
CB: Bryant McFadden
CB: Brandon Harris
CB: Crezdon Butler
DB: Ahmad Black
FS: Ryan Clark, Ahmad Black
SS: Troy Polamalu, Ryan Mundy
Old 02-28-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beal is going undrafted.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Rashad Carmichael wants to play for the Steelers. His best friend is Jason Worilds. Now we have two prospects that want to play for the Steelers. Granted I think any player would love to play for Pittsburgh, it's great to find kids that really want to play.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Also, we have had a few interviews with Brandon Burton at the combine. He has quite a bit of work to do, but he's a very solid player that I wouldn't mind in the second.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Tyron Smith has put on a lot of weight, looks like a legit Tackle now.
this is bs to me....its water weight, teams have to know that such an athletic player could add 20 pounds like that with creatine and cell tech an **** to get their combine weight up. no way his rookie year playing weight will be around 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

A few things:

1) Hines will be on Dancing With the Stars. I hope he wins it

2) Flo might be cut, but he is expected to be asked about a reduced salary.

3) Willie Colon got the first round tender.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think if flo wants to play he'll take less, hes stated several times hes got enough money

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
this is bs to me....its water weight, teams have to know that such an athletic player could add 20 pounds like that with creatine and cell tech an **** to get their combine weight up. no way his rookie year playing weight will be around 310
He wouldn't have ran as fast as he did with that much water weight. That much water will slow you down.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, DB's are blazing this year.

Also, I want Ras-I even more now, given the fact that Jimmy Smith ran a 4.38 and will not fall to our range.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

More tidbits:

1) Rumored to be interested in DJ Williams. He'd bring an Aaron Hernandez type of impact to our offense, but I'd rather have Kendricks.

2) Rahim Moore is open to playing cornerback and has. If he's there at 31, I'd take him. He can make a Carnell Lake type of impact to our defense.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Carnell Lake to interview for our DB coaching job. YES!!!!!

Also, I will have a mock up in the coming days.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Walter Football has updated their mock and has given us a nice crop of picks IMO:

1) Ben Ijalana OT/OG Villanova
2) Marcus Cannon OG/OT TCU
3) Davon House CB New Mexico State
4) Richard Sherman CB/S Stanford
5) Chris Neild NT West Virginia
Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Walter Football has updated their mock and has given us a nice crop of picks IMO:

1) Ben Ijalana OT/OG Villanova
2) Marcus Cannon OG/OT TCU
3) Davon House CB New Mexico State
4) Richard Sherman CB/S Stanford
5) Chris Neild NT West Virginia
Thats solid, id rather have Johnny Patrick over Davon House, but i wouldnt complain!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick Mock....what do you think?

1.Brandon Harris CB Miami

2.Marcus Cannon OT TCU

3.Will Rackley G Leigh

4.Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton

5.Curtis Marsh CB Utah State

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Quick Mock....what do you think?

1.Brandon Harris CB Miami

2.Marcus Cannon OT TCU

3.Will Rackley G Leigh

4.Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton

5.Curtis Marsh CB Utah State

Love picks; 1, 2 and 4.

In the third i would rather have...Orlando Franklin, Marcus Gilbert or Jason Pinkston.

In the 5th i would rather have someone abit more pro ready, Marsh has a similar skillset to Crezdon Butler, but would need too much time to develop for my liking.

Good job though dude.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Marsh's stock is on the rise. There is no way he'll be there in the 5th.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i dont care if brandon harris is 5-9...i believe he is the truth

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
steelersfan2011
Rookie

steelersfan2011 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.steelersfan2011 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I believe as much as we would love to draft a corner in the first round it would be a futile attempt because if we trade up in the second a few picks we can get the same quality at corner as the end of the first.
steelersfan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

1) Derek Sherrod OT/OG Mississippi State
2) Curtis Brown CB Texas
3) DJ Williams FB/TE Arkansas
4) Will Rackley G Leigh
5) Ian Williams NT Notre Dame
6) Cedric Thornton DE Central Arkansas
7) Mark LeGree S Appalachian State

Not my best, but I believe it's good enough. Not my final mock.

Oh, and just a reminder, I'll have an offseason/draft thread if you guys would like one. If not, we can discuss the offseason in here.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Phil Taylor for NT from Baylor.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I like Taylor, but I wouldn't want him in the first. Yeah we need a NT, but we have far greater needs at OL and in the secondary to get a NT IMO.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Hines, id love a seperate thread especially for the draft.