Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dez Bryant

I know this whole not carrying Roy Williams shoulder pads story should probably be in team discussion forum. But I just gotta say I love the little gesture by the rook.

It just screams to Roy Williams "Im here for your job, *****!"

:-)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe not team forum but it could have went in the Dez thread we all ready have going.:)

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41956

As for the story I think he should just man up and carry the pads it's just part of being a rookie.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Maybe not team forum but it could have went in the Dez thread we all ready have going.:)

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41956

As for the story I think he should just man up and carry the pads it's just part of being a rookie.
Well a mod can feel free to move it or delete it.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That bum should be carrying Dez's pads.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Well a mod can feel free to move it or delete it.
Just giving you a hard time no big deal.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Haha, for real. Dez hasn't even played a down yet, and I'm sure he's already done more for the cowboys than R.E.W.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of hate when rookies do this, just carry the pads, who cares, you're a rookie it happens.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This. Roy Williams sucks.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was the first time I heard this story. Oh well, shows how much respect Roy has. If TO was still here and done the same gesture, I bet he would have done it. Roy should just be happy he's close to making 10 million dollars a season for the crap he's done the past 2 seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh Dez shouldve just sucked it up and carried the pads IMO

this definitely wasn't newsworthy though
Old 07-26-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams should quit bitching. He's had his chance to prove himself.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would have told roy to **** off.

then i would have proceeded to walk over to miles austin and ask if he'd like me to carry his pads
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could pretty much spin this anyway you want to from Dez meaning it personal to REW to Dez putting himself above the other rookies in status to Dez being focused on his business and not silly, little rookie "rights of passage." *shrug*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are going to look back on the past three years and remember them as the the drafts GMs overreacted to perceived character red flags and let perceived "diva" WRs drop waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far. The Michael Vick Saga as well as the Pacman Jones story and all the hoopla that surrounded Big Ben, etc., etc., etc., we all know the list goes on... it made many teams way too cautious on draft day. And the Eagles, Niners, and Cowboys were the beneficiaries.

DeSean Jackson
Michael Crabtree
Dez Bryant

It's a joke he fell all the way to Dallas. A joke.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
People are going to look back on the past three years and remember them as the the drafts GMs overreacted to perceived character red flags and let perceived "diva" WRs drop waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far. The Michael Vick Saga as well as the Pacman Jones story and all the hoopla that surrounded Big Ben, etc., etc., etc., we all know the list goes on... it made many teams way too cautious on draft day. And the Eagles, Niners, and Cowboys were the beneficiaries.

DeSean Jackson
Michael Crabtree
Dez Bryant

You can also throw Percy Harvin's name in that group.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:08 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
You can also throw Percy Harvin's name in that group.
Excellent point. You surely can.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i would have told roy to **** off.

then i would have proceeded to walk over to miles austin and ask if he'd like me to carry his pads
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

DeSean Jackson
Michael Crabtree
Dez Bryant

Not often a top 5 player falls to 24. Demarius Thomas had no business going ahead of Dez. ****** McDaniels...

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:16 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Not often a top 5 player falls to 24. Demarius Thomas had no business going ahead of Dez. ****** McDaniels...
And yet it happened with D-Jax, Percy AND Dez in consecutive years... That's just bad risk-reward management...
Old 07-26-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

DeSean Jackson
Michael Crabtree
Dez Bryant

I agree with your point, and would also add Harvin in, but Desean was just so little it'd be tough to argue with him going that high even though the talent is there. Crabs and Dez had prototypical WR size for #1 guys, and Harvin was ripped up when he showed up at the combines.

People probably weren't sure Desean could be a #1 WR just yet, but it would be a big risk considering he was so little, and technically still is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And yet it happened with D-Jax, Percy AND Dez in consecutive years... That's just bad risk-reward management...
It's arguable that Jackson and Harvin were clearly top 5 talents in their drafts. In my mind, it was pretty ******* clear that Bryant was. He's going to be a stud in Dallas.

That said, you carry his pads because that's your onus as a rookie. Then you take his job.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:00 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should have just carried the pads, all rookies go through this kind of hazing. This is actually one of the less harsh ones.

I know a lot of you are saying "good for him" and "f*** roy williams" when in actuality it has nothing to do with roy williams. you can generalize roy to the whole incumbent team. Even though Roy Williams hasnt been on the cowboys that much longer than Dez he's still a veteran.

Dez refusing to go through the little trials and tribulations faced by all rookies is going to cause a bad precedent for the locker room. Trust me people dont take these things lightly and he'll most likely have to work that much harder to gain the support of the existing veterans on that team.

^^ i dont know if any of that made any sense.

btw. in the nba all rookies go through some type of rookie hazing even though many times (and i mean MANY times) the rookie is already better than most players on the team.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:10 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

^ I know that people had the size knocks on Harvin and DJax, but not me. I had Percy projected as a top five guy since his freshman year and all he did was get stronger since then.

As for DJax, people all worried about his size, but as I pointed out leading up to the draft, he weighed in so light because he was training to run a ridiculous 40 (which he did). And people loved using the "can he be a #1 WR" because of the size factor (means nothing - proven every year) and because he was known as an electricity guy (returns) comparable to Reggie Bush (who was a completely different offensive position), ignoring the fact that Jackson was a very good collegiate pure wide receiver, quite polished, and definitely pro-ready.

Sorry for the rant, but I never thought otherwise - maybe not top 5 if you counted off the prospects, but none of those guys had any business going outside the top ten, and a lot of us (including me) recognized that blunder beforehand, and now we can all agree in hindsight.

DJax must have been the biggest A-hole in the world at his interviews. That's the only explanation.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson was 168 pounds. There was a serious question as to whether he'd get folded in half immediately. It's wasn't really a concern to me, I had him projected as a top 10 guy at one point, but I understood the concern. Harvin was a bit of a positional mystery. He hadn't been tested as a wideout at Florida and no one believed he'd make it as a tailback in the NFL, so the concern was that he'd never master a position enough to be worth a pick that high. That concern I thought was a little more legitimate, even if it has proven so far to be wrong.

Bryant, on the other hand, was dominant and brilliant in college in exactly the way an NFL receiver needs to be.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:37 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope Dez remembers this in a few years when he's a veteran and some rookie WR comes in.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote