Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My NFL Pre Training Camp Power Rankings

I am doing my Power Rankings prior to the Start of the Preseason. I will come out with my final power rankings a couple days before opening kickoff on Sept. 9th. Enjoy.

1. Saints- Defending champs always are at the top prior to the season. Brees will keep them in contention to repeat.
2. Colts- The colts are still relatively young and inexperienced on the defensive side of the ball. As long as they have Manning, they will be in contention for a Super Bowl.
3. Green Bay- A little shock here, but I an enamored with the development of Aaron Rodgers and how dynamic this offense is. The defense will be even better.

4. Ravens- Did very well in the draft and free agency in getting flacco something to work with. should be the favorites in the North and I see a colts/ravens showdown in the title game.

5. Cowboys- Dallas has a super bowl caliber team. If only Romo and the rest of the cowboys can put it all together come playoff time.

6. New York Jets- The defense, running game, and o-line will all be ranked in the top 5. The only question mark is Sanchez, as for one, wasn't impressed how he performed on such a great team last year. If he manages games well and doesn't turn the ball over, the Jets can be a threat in the AFC.

7. Minnesota- This is a super bowl caliber team and should be higher, but i have them at 7 because of the indecisiveness of QB brett favre.

8. Atlanta- The falcons played excellent football down the stretch and improved the defense in the draft and free agency. They could push New Orleans for the South.

9. San Diego - Phillip Rivers will keep this team at the top of the West, but with Jackson and McNeal threatening to hold out and secondary questions, is this team even as good as last year?

10. New York Giants- Improved the defense, especially the secondary with Rolle at Safety and they hopefully get phillips back. The defense needs to be better.

11. San Fransisco- This is my sleeper team in the NFC. They have built an excellent defense with the right man at head coach. Question is, can Alex Smith make them a threat in the playoffs?

12. Miami- Chad Henne really opened some eyes last year, and they went out and got him Brandon Marshall. TI feel that this team is the 2nd best team in the Afc East, and could contend with the jets.

13. New England- Its hard to say that they are rebuilding, but that is the case. Moss is getting older, Welker is hurt, and they are very young on defense. The only reason they will contend for a play off spot is because of Brady and Bellechek.

14. Cincinatti- they surprised a lot of us last year by sweeping the division and winning it. However, it seemed like they had a difficult time against top defenses. I see them taking a back seat this year, maybe a wild card birth.

15. Houston- They have found their franchise QB in Shaub, who finally completed a full season. Question is, how will they deal with the loss of Pro Bowler Brian Cushing the first 4 games?

16. Washington- McNabb instantly makes this team better and will compete for a wild card spot. The defense is good enough and with McNabb, 9-10 wins isn't out of the question.

17. Denver- This team started out hot, but fizzeled at the end of the year. The defense will keep them in games, but I don't like the direction the offense is going.

18. Tennesee- Finished strong last year after starting 0-6. Lost some key players on defense and will be inexperienced a bit in the leadership department. Might have to rely heavily on CJ2K and VY. Thats a lot to ask for.

19. Philadelphia- Don't like them dealing McNabb, but I guess they were looking towards the future. This team is taking a step back and most likely will finish last in the division. Just don't like the move to go with Kolb, who only has 2 nfl starts in 3 years. McNabb took a relatively young and inexperienced offense to the playoffs.

20- Oakland- I hate to say it, but I really like what they did this off-season. Jason Campbell is really underrated and they did a nice job in the draft. Getting rid of Russell was their best move and I think they can finish 2nd in the West.

21. Chicago- Spent a kings ransom to get Peppers and Taylor in FA. They need to win now, but I don't like the direction they are going in. That Cutler trade really hurt them and don't have a lot of weapons.

22. Pittsburgh- This is low for them, especially since they're getting Palomaulu(unsure of spelling), but with Roethlisbuerger missing 4-6 games, this can throw off their whole preparation as they have to get Dixon or Leftwich all the 1st team reps in training camp to prepare them for life with out "Worthlisbuerger". I smell a disaster in Pittsburgh.

23. Arizona- They really declined from where they were at last season, largely in part of the retirement of Kurt Warner. They also lost some valuable players in Rolle, Dansby and Boldin. Their season is in the hopes of Matt Leinart, which means there may not be too much hope for this team this season.

24. Carolina- Finished strong with Matt Moore last year, however, I don't like the direction they are going in. The running game will be strong, but they are thin on the d-line with no real pass rushers inside or outside. This team could struggle to finish 3rd in the South.

25. Tampa Bay- they're in the rebuilding stage, but finished the season strong. Had a nice draft and Freeman has the makings to be a Franchise QB. They are relatively young, but with an easier schedule, they should be better.

26. Seattle- Had a nice offseason and draft, but the question remains: Who will play QB? Hasselback is going downhill and Whitehurst has done nothing in the NFL but be a 3rd string qb.

27. Jacksonville- The Jags benefited from an easier schedule early on in 2009, but struggled down the road. I don't think they did enough to improve and the schedule will be harder. Garrard needs to prove he is worth the contract he was given.

28. Detroit- Did a nice job this offseason in adding Vanden Bosh and Corey Willaims on the d-line to go along with Dominator Suh. However, I wasn't impressed with overpaying for Burleson or the draft after Suh. Spievy will be their top corner, and thats a lot to ask for. I think they have the potential to finish 3rd, but time will tell.

29. Cleveland- They finished strong last year, but I dont think they improved this offseason. They replaced Quinn with Delhomme, who was absolutely awful last year and is declining. Wallace is not a starting caliber qb either. Their draft was suspect, as I am not sold on Joe Haden, nor McCoy as their future qb. Mangini might be not make it through the season.

30. Kansas City- Cassel flopped last year after getting a huge deal from the Chiefs. Hired Weiss as OC, so maybe he might be able to improve being back in the system he did well in New England. Eric Berry will improve the secondary, I am just a little suspect of the rest of their defense.

31. Buffalo- They really panicked when they couldn't get the head coach they wanted, so they settled for Gailey. They didn't upgrade at QB, when they had 2 chances to draft Clausen. Their draft was suspect and they are moving from cover 2 to a 3-4, so they don';t have the right players for their defense. Could struggle to win a game this year, playing in the AFC East.

32. Rams- They really have a lot of work to do to get this team back to respectability. They got their potential Franchise QB, but it will take time for him to learn an NFL offense from coming from a spread offense and missed almost a whole season last year. They may win 3 games, but for now, they are the leagues worst team, although i think Buffalo will replace them by years end.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You say the Bills didn't upgrade at QB and mention their two chances to draft Clausen, don't you think they've had enough mediocre QB prospects preventing them from taking a stud? The Bills were smart enough not to just take any ole QB prospect because they needed a QB, good for them.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
13. New England- Its hard to say that they are rebuilding, but that is the case. Moss is getting older, Welker is hurt, and they are very young on defense. The only reason they will contend for a play off spot is because of Brady and Bellechek.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because it isn't the easiest name, but good God! The average football fan should know that looks wrong.

I'm mainly just pissed because you have us 13th, carry on.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why to pick an original sleeper team :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets at 6? Ok... lol.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall not bad, but I have a few disagreements.

I personally feel that the Packers have been vastly overrated as a Superbowl contender. Rodgers and the offense will be good, no question there, but the defense was highly overrated last season, playing 10 of their 16 games against offenses ranked 20th or worse, and then getting lit up by legitimate offenses. With Jolly out, d-line depth becomes an issue and aside from Woodson, their CB depth is full of question marks. (See the Arizona playoff game if you want evidence on how their nickel and dime backs looked....)

A playoff caliber team? Yeah....do they have a chance at a Superbowl if their defense shows vast improvement? I suppose so....but we shall see.

Also, with your Bears explanation......Hurt by the Cutler trade? If you mean it in terms of lacking first round picks to give him ammo I'll agree, but this team would have been top 5 pick bad last year if not for him. He cost us a few games with his picks, sure, but we looked a lot more like a 4-12 team outside of him than the 7-9 team we were with him.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest problem I have is that the Jets and Pats should be swapped but otherwise they aren't terrible.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
why to pick an original sleeper team :/
49ers are gunna stomp the Cardinals this year. With Warner we played each other close (mostly). Without Warner the 49ers will eat the Cardinals alive. Get ready for it...
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs suck and all but I find it hard to believe they suck more then Tampa Bay.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The Chiefs suck and all but I find it hard to believe they suck more then Tampa Bay.
QB play will determine that more than anything. As far as overall talent, there's not much separating the two.

I like Freeman more than most, and I think the Bucs will have a better year than most believe. Not playoff caliber, but I think they'll be respectable.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
QB play will determine that more than anything. As far as overall talent, there's not much separating the two.

I like Freeman more than most, and I think the Bucs will have a better year than most believe. Not playoff caliber, but I think they'll be respectable.
Agree completely. Tampa's going the way of Freeman. I'm a believer in him. I can see them getting close to .500 this year.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What makes the 49'ers defense great enough to carry them as a sleeper team, over say the CINCINNATI Bengals defense? Our defense has been good to great for 2 years. And that is without our starting DE and SS for most of the year.
Not to mention we have an established QB. A solid run game. A line that has been intact for 2 years now. No rookies on the line. Upgrades at all skill positions. I will admit we played above our talent level last year.
I am not saying we should be top 5 even, but to be behind certain teams out of nowhere is strange to me.
Baltimore will be without Ed Reed for a bit. IMO the best part of their draft is in serious danger with a fractured skull. And Boldin wont factor much against our 2 CB's. A repeat is very obtainable for us.
And I know the whole back-to-back winning seasons thing. But yeah. Maybe it is because you cannot spell CINCINNATI right and I am being extra-critical of you for it. IDK.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
get used to it. people here kept trying to tell denver fans how much worse off we were with him than plummer. they'll look at the int numbers and assume that's all that matters.

aside from that, denver is far worse than you have them. we're still starting orton, he no longer has a receiver, since mcdaniels doesn't understand how to use royal, we have nothing at rb, and the secondary is a year older.
But you have...

...and a man named Bey Bey.

;)
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
What makes the 49'ers defense great enough to carry them as a sleeper team, over say the CINCINNATI Bengals defense? Our defense has been good to great for 2 years. And that is without our starting DE and SS for most of the year.
Not to mention we have an established QB. A solid run game. A line that has been intact for 2 years now. No rookies on the line. Upgrades at all skill positions. I will admit we played above our talent level last year.
I am not saying we should be top 5 even, but to be behind certain teams out of nowhere is strange to me.
Baltimore will be without Ed Reed for a bit. IMO the best part of their draft is in serious danger with a fractured skull. And Boldin wont factor much against our 2 CB's. A repeat is very obtainable for us.
And I know the whole back-to-back winning seasons thing. But yeah. Maybe it is because you cannot spell CINCINNATI right and I am being extra-critical of you for it. IDK.
Bengals 78,

First of all, sorry for misspelling CINCINNATI, had no idea I was being judged on spelling here.

Second, the Bengals had a good season, but it seemed like down the stretch, they struggled with high caliber teams like Minnesota, New York, and San Diego. They really looked like they couldn't move the ball at all against the Jets and Vikings. Also, I really don't think they added enough pieces to be considered a top 10 team right now and will fight for a wild card spot with teams like the Dolphins, Patriots, and Texans. They may be able to beat out New England, but the Dolphins have really improved and the Texans are getting better each year and I really see them getting over the hump this year.

Remember, its only rankings based on last year and free agency and draft moves made. I think 14 is reasonable for CINCINNATI right now.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Overall not bad, but I have a few disagreements.

I personally feel that the Packers have been vastly overrated as a Superbowl contender. Rodgers and the offense will be good, no question there, but the defense was highly overrated last season, playing 10 of their 16 games against offenses ranked 20th or worse, and then getting lit up by legitimate offenses. With Jolly out, d-line depth becomes an issue and aside from Woodson, their CB depth is full of question marks. (See the Arizona playoff game if you want evidence on how their nickel and dime backs looked....)

A playoff caliber team? Yeah....do they have a chance at a Superbowl if their defense shows vast improvement? I suppose so....but we shall see.

Also, with your Bears explanation......Hurt by the Cutler trade? If you mean it in terms of lacking first round picks to give him ammo I'll agree, but this team would have been top 5 pick bad last year if not for him. He cost us a few games with his picks, sure, but we looked a lot more like a 4-12 team outside of him than the 7-9 team we were with him.
When I say the Bears were hurt by the Cutler trade, yes I meant they lacked bringing in first round talent for two years straight now. Cutler did throw 27 tds, but also 26 ints. He wasn't worth what Chicago gave up, and now they lack the weapons as they aren't using Hester right (not a #1 WR, a slot WR is more suitable for him). Aroushmadu has potential, but we'll see about that and Knox showed some ability, but they aren't legitimate threats. Plus, they overpaid for the services of Julius Peppers, who would rather get paid then win and is not a leader in the locker room at all.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bengals 78,

First of all, sorry for misspelling CINCINNATI, had no idea I was being judged on spelling here.

Second, the Bengals had a good season, but it seemed like down the stretch, they struggled with high caliber teams like Minnesota, New York, and San Diego. They really looked like they couldn't move the ball at all against the Jets and Vikings. Also, I really don't think they added enough pieces to be considered a top 10 team right now and will fight for a wild card spot with teams like the Dolphins, Patriots, and Texans. They may be able to beat out New England, but the Dolphins have really improved and the Texans are getting better each year and I really see them getting over the hump this year.

Remember, its only rankings based on last year and free agency and draft moves made. I think 14 is reasonable for CINCINNATI right now.
1. Go to the Random Discussion Thread. Spelling counts.
2. We lost by a FG to SD. We looked bad against Minny and NYJ in the season finale we didnt play full speed. Coles and Graham killed us in the playoffs.
3. We ran for 171 yards against the "best defense" in NYJ during the playoffs. We couldn't throw against anyone all year.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-27-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Bad Boy
Rookie

Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy

First of all great temerity for doing something like this...

Now time for some criticism, pal.

The Raiders are way too high, but they are everyear so nothing big there. They remind me of Pittsburgh (MLB) and they are going to be down for a while.

Now, I am a cowboys fan and you can understand that I believe my team is the best. They are the most talented team in the NFL and we will win it all and the saints are going to fall this year.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:42 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Firstly, I don't mind people sleeping on the Patriots this year but I gotta disagree with the reasoning here.

Wes Welker by all accounts is ready to go for training camp. Whether the Pats hold him out as a precaution has yet to be seen but he says he is ready to go.

Randy Moss despite being 'lazy' and 'old', as most people have decided to call him, had 83 cathces last year, was 5th in the league for yards receiving and first in the league in receiving TDs. Oh and by the way he seperated his shoulder in week 5. I'll take that kind of production all day from an 'injured, washed up, lazy bum'.

I get the point that the defense is younger but with the exception of pass rush(which is still a big question) and DE there have been major upgrades made in recent years.

Tom Brady will also be a year further removed from his knee surgery and generally that is when we see players get back to where they were. And it's not even as if he had a horrible year last year.

I think the Patriots had one of, if not, the best offseasons this year, however everyone is predicting their demise. It's similar to last year when a lot of people said the Colts wouldn't make playoffs. But we'll see how this year goes.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:43 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
49ers are gunna stomp the Cardinals this year. With Warner we played each other close (mostly). Without Warner the 49ers will eat the Cardinals alive. Get ready for it...
10 years of top 15 picks you should have some talent on that team by now

Old 07-27-2010, 07:18 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, espn is premature in reporting stuff.

Last edited by descendency : 07-27-2010 at 07:58 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:56 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Dolphins won the offseason without a doubt in my mind

Dansby & Marshall + a great draft class

Old 07-27-2010, 08:11 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wait, how exactly? i like the spikes pick, and i think mccourty will be good, but those two don't somehow make this a super bowl caliber team or make this one of the best offseasons. nor does a 472 year old torry holt. further, you lost depth on a d-line that didn't have a ton of depth to start with. your best move was in keeping wilfork. unless i'm completely forgetting something, i don't see how this remotely approaches the realm of 'best offseason' except in the land of 'everything bill touches is perfection'.
Resigning Wilfork was absolutely huge. The only depth the Patriots lost was Jarvis Green who was replaced by Gerard Warren and Damione Lewis. Both players where starters their whole career. Jarvis Green proved last year he was not a capable starter. Currently the defensive line has Wilfork, T Warren, G Warren, Lewis, Pryor, Wright, Brace plus the two draft picks in Deaderick and Weston. That has one real stud, a very good player in Ty Warren and enough players to adequately cover the other DE spot.

The additions of Torry Holt and David Patten may not show a lot for them however their experience should only go to help Taylor Price, Julian Edelman and Brandon Tate.

They also resigned Leigh Bodden and Tully Banta-Cain on defense. On a defense which will have as many young players as the Patriots will they needed to bring these guys back.

At the draft, after McCourty who was apparently top of their board, they identified their main needs and went out and addressed them. There hasn't been even serviceable TE play throughout this decade so they went out and got Gronkowski and Hernandez. Spikes as you mentioned was a good get and should fit in nicely. If Cunningham can help rush the passer then it was a real nice draft.

Overall they didn't go out and splash on a big name free agent or anything but the combination of resigning players, veteran leadership additions and a very good draft leads me to saying they were definitely in the top group of teams as far as offseason success goes.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:29 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
i don't see how resigning your own players (i'd rather not debate whether bodden and TBC should've even been resigned, so we'll stick with your opinion of both) makes for a good off-season. it represents absolutely no forward movement.

i heard the same thing about your TE spot after dave thomas, ben watson and garrett mills.

and you still haven't really addressed your inability to get a rush out of your OLBs (though you did try to address what i thought was a piss poor cornerback spot [sorry, your #3 on down were terrible, imo]).

*shrug* i'm not saying you had a godawful offseason, but i don't see how, prior to seeing any of the rookies play, it should lend anything to any argument for NE winning the east.
The unfortunate thing last year was because Butler was only a rookie and therefore not getting a lot of playing time, most of the time we were terrible from #2 on down.

I think in general no team had a great offseason, due to the limit on UFAs. I do have a bit of a rant about the AFC East though. I don't think the Jets are improved, and if anything I could make arguements they are now worse off. Getting rid of Thomas Jones, Leon Washington and Alan Faneca and replacing them with LT, Joe McKnight and Vladimir Ducasse seems like a sizeable downgrade at each spot, and this is a team who will need to lean on the run game until Sanchez shows he can win games with his arm. I also don't like the potential chemistry problems they could have.

The Dolphins did have a good offseason but I feel they vastly overpaid for Dansby and slightly overpaid for Marshall. My worries for them are, like the Pats who is going to rush the passer? Cameron Wake and Koa Misi seem to be the starters as of now. Who is going to play NT? Losing Merling will hurt them also but the pick of Odrick should offset that. I do think their offense will be good though. I would worry way more about Miami than the Jets.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
i don't see how resigning your own players (i'd rather not debate whether bodden and TBC should've even been resigned, so we'll stick with your opinion of both) makes for a good off-season. it represents absolutely no forward movement.

i heard the same thing about your TE spot after dave thomas, ben watson and garrett mills.

and you still haven't really addressed your inability to get a rush out of your OLBs (though you did try to address what i thought was a piss poor cornerback spot [sorry, your #3 on down were terrible, imo]).

*shrug* i'm not saying you had a godawful offseason, but i don't see how, prior to seeing any of the rookies play, it should lend anything to any argument for NE winning the east.
It makes for a good off-season in that you remain intact as long as it is for the better. The Bengals will keep their defense intact which is big for us because of how well the defense was. Had our defense been crap, bad move. We filled those spots in the draft. It all depends on the situation.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Patriots positives:
+ The defense is a year older. In the past this would have been a big problem, but with how young this defense is, they needed it.
+ They resigned critical people into the defense including Bodden, Wilfork, and Banta-Cain.
+ Brandon Tate, a steal in last year's draft (by most analyst account), will play this year as well as Vollmer (THE steal in last years draft) will be in his second year.
+ Julian Edelman has potential to step in and be a 3rd or 4th WR on day 1.
+ The worst two positions on the Patriots offense are RB and TE, one of which got a huge injection of super talented rookies. The other (RB) one is still decent and has a great run blocking OL in front of them
+ Brady is back with another year under his belt since the ACL tear.
+ They have something to prove again (lots of people doubting them and talking bad... tons of bulletin board material).
+ Chris Hanson is no longer the punter in NE.

Negatives:
- The OLBs suck
- They are a 5 technique short of what they need
- The ILBs are a question mark and young.
- The DBs are still too young
- The Patriots OL will be shifted around for the first time in ages
- The RBs are old and injury prone (or sucky)
- The TEs are rookies
- Without Welker and an aging Moss, the Patriots WRs are rookies, old, and college QBs.

Last edited by descendency : 07-27-2010 at 10:40 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote