Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Schaub

Am I alone in failing to understand what makes Schaub a top 5 QB like everyone on here seems to believe? I see people talk about how he's clearly better than guys like Eli and Romo and to me that seems ridiculous. Someone please explain to me how he's not the most over-rated QB in the NFL because I see a very nice starter but not someone clearly superior to your Flacco's and Ryan's much less you Eli's and Romo's.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is your evidence for what you said in your first two statements? I've never really seen people around here talk about Matt Schaub in the light you're insinuating. Regardless, he's put up production compared to the likes of Eli Manning and Tony Romo. He's only had one good season, but it did prove that he has the ability to be an elite quarterback in the NFL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's Top 5 by any means. Lower end of Top 10 (which is still good.) He's working in a favorable system with the best receiver in football. At this point though I'd say he's absolutely superior to your Flacco's and Ryan's.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's his fantasy numbers.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Am I alone in failing to understand what makes Schaub a top 5 QB like everyone on here seems to believe? I see people talk about how he's clearly better than guys like Eli and Romo and to me that seems ridiculous.
Well he isn't a Top 5 Quarterback. You have Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers and Rodgers who are all probably better than him, in my opinion. I would be of the opinion that Schaub is better than Romo and sure as hell better than Eli.

If you are wondering why people seem to think he's that good then it could have something to do with him leading the league in passing last year.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
It's his fantasy numbers.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody really considers him a Top 5 QB.

Everybody's top 5 is something like this (or if it isn't it should be )

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Rodgers

Schaub is never really considered to be in that group. Though he is certainly right there on the same level as Romo and Eli and at this point is superior to Flacco and Ryan.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schaub top 5? Thats a joke.
Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers are a clear top 5 in my mind. Plus throw Favre into the mix. Id take Eli, Ben, Romo, and Ryan probably over him too. Maybe others.
Schaub is a product of statistics and fantasy fans who know nothing about real football.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schaub is the newest king of garbage time statistics.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Id take Eli, Ben, Romo, and Ryan probably over him too. Maybe others.
Personally I wouldn't take any of those Quarterbacks over him. I think Ben Roethlisberger is a very good Quarterback, but vastly overated as well. In the same vein as Eli Manning. Because they won Superbowls with really good defences does not make them outstanding Quarterbacks. Eli is a decent starter with nothing special about him. Matty Ice has had one good season followed by one not so good season. Romo is consistently inconsistent.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Last edited by Seamus2602 : 07-28-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Personally I wouldn't take any of those Quarterbacks over him. I think Ben Roethlisberger is a very good Quarterback, but vastly overated as well. In the same vein as Eli Manning. Because they won a Superbowls with really good defences does not make them outstanding Quarterbacks. Eli is a decent starter with nothing special about him. Matty Ice has had one good season followed by one not so good season. Romo is consistently inconsistent.
Typical argument by a Colts/Manning fan. Suffice to say, I'm not surprised. ;)

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 07-28-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schaub has a strong arm and is accurate.

Of course having AJ help him.

He is a fantasy football STUD(Not really relevant, yes I know.)

He needs to stay healthy of course.

When Schaub is healthy though, I like him as a top 10 NFL QB.

I'd take Schaub over Eli.

Schaub or Romo would be interesting, I'll say that.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a top 5 QB. This reminds me of the Hilary Swank episode of the office.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me he is somewhere in the 10 11 range.. You take away Andre from Schaub, hes ******. When Plex got locked up Eli still put up nice numbers and such with a bunch of guys. Schaub is definetely on the better side of quarterbacks but he is slightly overrated imo.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry, but Schaub in Houston is 19-19 as a starter. Say all you want about "supporting cast" and "tough AFC South" but Romo is 38-17 and Eli is 50-37 and has a ring. How can you possibly put him above those two?
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having the best WR in the game is what makes him good. The Texans finally had a decent OL that kept him off of the ground. A lot of it is the fantasy numbers because Houston has a horrible running game so the team passes the ball a lot. He also has Owen Daniels as well as AJ.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I'm sorry, but Schaub in Houston is 19-19 as a starter. Say all you want about "supporting cast" and "tough AFC South" but Romo is 38-17 and Eli is 50-37 and has a ring. How can you possibly put him above those two?
I would take the Giants Oline over the Texans any day of the week.

Whats up Gribble? Maybe NMSU will win a game this year.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 07-28-2010 at 03:06 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I would take the Giants Oline over the Texans every day of the week.
And their run game and their defence. Basically, what I am saying, is that the only thing the Texans do better than the Giants is pass the ball.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
The Giants still have a better Oline than the Texans.

Whats up Gribble? Maybe NMSU will win a game this year.
Well we finally beat UNM and get them at home this year. We're even not picked to finish last in the WAC, SJSU is. 2 wins!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
W-L is very decieving for quarterbacks and pitchers alike. Maybe the defense wasn't there.

Put Eli's winning percentage next to Aaron Rodgers for instance, is Eli better soley because of the record?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Am I alone in failing to understand what makes Schaub a top 5 QB like everyone on here seems to believe? I see people talk about how he's clearly better than guys like Eli and Romo and to me that seems ridiculous. Someone please explain to me how he's not the most over-rated QB in the NFL because I see a very nice starter but not someone clearly superior to your Flacco's and Ryan's much less you Eli's and Romo's.
My rankings in the other thread were for AFTER this season is played. I put him over Eli and Romo because I was choosing who I wanted going forward. I wasn't ranking previous accomplishments.

For all the people saying he is only good because of Andre Johnson what do you want him to do? Not throw it to him? How is that even relevant. Manning had Harrison, Wayne, Clark. Just because a QB has an All Pro WR you can't hold it against him. Tom Brady should try playing with scrubs and see what numbers he puts up, OH WAIT THEY TRIED THAT AND IT FAILED. The next year they got Welker, Moss and look what happened.

Last edited by Scotty D : 07-28-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i agree, supporting cast is irrelevant. it's quite clear that romo and manning won all of those games entirely by themselves, playing offense and defense, and that schaub lost all of those games completely by himself.
I just don't think Schaub can be considered an elite guy or even on the cusp of being there until his team actually makes the playoffs and is better than a .500 quarterback in the regular season. I really think saying one QB whose team hasn't been to the playoffs and has posted a 19-19 record is better than one who has been to the playoffs 3 times and is 38-17 is a stretch. Supporting cast isn't irrelevant but does it make up for that much of a difference?
Anyway this will just end up in hypotheticals and team switching... ugh.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Schaub is the newest king of garbage time statistics.
That is a nice statement to throw around but can you actually back it up? Because there is a big difference in putting up good numbers for a bad/mediocre team and racking up stats in garbage time.

Last edited by Scotty D : 07-28-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
Schaub has a strong arm and is accurate.

Of course having AJ help him.

He is a fantasy football STUD(Not really relevant, yes I know.)

He needs to stay healthy of course.

When Schaub is healthy though, I like him as a top 10 NFL QB.

I'd take Schaub over Eli.

Schaub or Romo would be interesting, I'll say that.
No, that is everything.
He is a top 5(ish) Fantasy QB.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Holy ****,

1. There are few people in this thread arguing for Schaub.

2. None of them are using the fantasy stats as a reason for his ranking.

3. How the **** do you think QBs get points in fantasy football?

4. Eli Manning was living off his defensive line.

5. I've seen Romo make enough bonehead throws to not trust him.

6. Schaub-Romo-Manning are probably pretty equally ranked in the grand scheme of things and Schaub is my personal preference.

7. Not everyone slurp a derps the NFC East.