Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Training Camp Thread

With the opening of camps in the previous and next few days I thought we should have a thread for the small news and updates that would normally go in team boards that none of us will see, that will impact the season (or not).

Anyway here's some stuff:

Eagles opened their camp with the most turnover from last year, 13 veterans there last year aren't there this time. It's also the first time in 10 years McNabb hasn't been there.

Terrance Cody who was literally too fat and unfit to play a few days ago has recently passed his fitness test and has been cleared to practice. Serigo Kindle fell down some stairs and broke his skull so he's out.

Clausen and Tate signed and are reporting to camp.

The Patriots, Panthers, Bears and Cowboys at this time are the only teams in the NFL to have all their picks signed.

This link will give you all pick signings financial details (every pick, every team)

In case you didn't know Buffalo are switching to the 34 defense this year.

Rumor has is Andre Johnson (who negotiated his last contract extension) is unhappy and won't report to camp.

Danario Alexander (lead the nation in receiving last year, un-drafted rookie FA) ran a 4.44 and jumped a 41 vert in a work out today. At 6-5 that's freakish ability, even after all his knee surgeries someone should give him a shot imo.

Panthers are going full pads from the first practice.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is going to be the last first rounder to sign?

My pick was Dez Bryant so I failed...
Old 07-28-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

My pick was Dez Bryant so I failed...
Eric Berry. ;)

In all seriousness, I could see McCoy taking awhile to sign. The Glazers are hemorrhaging money right now.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C.J. Spiller is my guess. Also, I read today that there has been very little progress between the Jaguars and Tyson Alualu so far in contract discussions.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with JPP just because of his agent. Rosenhaus might want top 10 money.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I have to agree with YFS, McCoy seems like a good one; I would also suggest Earl Thomas.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love my Giants but I think JPP is gunna be a PITA to sign. He seems very stupid to me and I just see him getting into camp very late unfortunately.

Anyone know how hes looked in minicamps and stuff so far?
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aug 8th... CIN @ DAL

1st preseason game... I'll take anything at this point!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am nervous for Kindle, a broken skull and a brain swelling is not good.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far Michael Turner is half the man he was last year. He is now lean and mean. He was too fat last year and it showed in his start and it showed in his repeated injuries.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danario unsigned shouldn't be a problem in a few weeks. I saw him play some last year and the kid makes plays. I know his knees are questionable, but he deserves a shot.

I think the most interesting thing with Kindle is how its going to effect his contract negotiations.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

R.Seymour showed up in the Rookies bus yesterday earlier then anyone expected and is ready to go and im very happy he decided not to go the C.Woodson rout
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lawrence Timmons apparently worked his ass of this off-season and is up from 225 lbs. to 248 lbs. of muscle and healthy weight.

He was training both conditioning and lifting weights, doing two-a-days at times. Said his trainers also gave him some supplements that have helped him become stronger.

As Hines said in the Steelers Discussion Thread, hope he didn't lose his speed. Because if he didn't...

Beast mode.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
I love my Giants but I think JPP is gunna be a PITA to sign. He seems very stupid to me and I just see him getting into camp very late unfortunately.

Anyone know how hes looked in minicamps and stuff so far?
I've only heard negative things, about his performance, only good about his attitude I'm no Giants fan though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
So far Michael Turner is half the man he was last year. He is now lean and mean. He was too fat last year and it showed in his start and it showed in his repeated injuries.
I don't know if this is necessarily a good thing, being a load was good for him 4.5 and 4.9 in ypc in consecutive years, dropping a lot of weight can drop your strength significantly if not done properly too.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP can hold out and never play for us as far as I'm concerned.
granted, i'm exaggerating, but I'd rather him hold out than us throwing top 10 money a a guy with single digit career Divison 1 sacks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
JPP can hold out and never play for us as far as I'm concerned.
granted, i'm exaggerating, but I'd rather him hold out than us throwing top 10 money a a guy with single digit career Divison 1 sacks...

BACKFLIPZZZZZZZZ!!!!
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:36 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has been talked about in the Cowboys thread...but how about Felix Jones weighing more than Marion Barber now? haha. Felix is a sexy 220 lbs, fast as ever. Barber on the other hand, is 218.

I remember when a lot of people had a problem with Felix's size/weight. He certainly has the body to be featured...he's just gotta stay healthy. Hopefully he can put those injury concerns to rest this year.

______

As for some other stuff...Victor Butler and Brandon Williams continue to light up camp at OLB. We may have something here. Williams especially is turning heads from the media, coaches, and his teammates. As Brooking said, look for him to help this team out immediatly. Keeping Ware and Spencer fresher, in the process. Spencer has been a man, amongst boys as well. And Doug Free has actually done a fantastic job on Ware, which is fantastic to hear.

WR coach, Ray Sherman, says this is the most talented crop of WRs he's ever coached before. Too early to call them the best, but the most talented, by far he says. I actually hope we let Crayton or Roy go, so we can see more of Hurd and Ogletree, but I doubt it happens. We go atleast 6 deep at WR. The guys at the bottom of depth chart are #3's on other teams, at worst. I believe Hurd could start on a handful of teams right now, and he may be our 6th receiver.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-29-2010 at 03:38 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:49 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

I want Crayton to get dumped so we can sign him (we wouldn't anyway) but a man can dream.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots camp starts today and Shawn Crable was cut. Rumors of another injury where about and also a possibility he just failed the conditioning test. Kinda expected this but still disappointing as he had so much promise.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:56 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Duke Robinson all but took himself out of the competition for the RG spot today by showing up and failing to pass a physical.

He likely wasn't going to beat out Mack beardenau but ****, you've got a chance to win the spot, don't show up fat and unable to run some sprints.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:51 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I want Crayton to get dumped so we can sign him (we wouldn't anyway) but a man can dream.
You can have him. haha. He's very consistent/solid, but we dont even need him. The majority of us would like to see more from the younger guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:16 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Patriots camp starts today and Shawn Crable was cut. Rumors of another injury where about and also a possibility he just failed the conditioning test. Kinda expected this but still disappointing as he had so much promise.
you have half of the sex twins, you don't need no stinkin' linebackers
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:17 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you have half of the sex twins, you don't need no stinkin' linebackers
The main thing I like about Devin McCourty is he's just so pretty. I am in love

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:22 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
The main thing I like about Devin McCourty is he's just so pretty. I am in love
HEY! you can love him, but he was mine first! He was my favorite player last year and I pimped him SO hard and everyone was like S.T.F.U scotty you dumb homer n00b, he's like a 4th rounder at best. and I was like, hey Shane P. Hallam, use McCourty as a riser in your article thingy and he was like oh scotty, you homer. and THEN everyone was like ZOMGZ McCourty runs fast and his dazzling good looks stop opposing WR's in their tracks! fringe 1st rounder!
so yea

also people were like ZOMGZ Anthony Davis is fat and lazy, FALL OUT OF 2nd round perhaps? And I'm all like shut up no wayy! and they were like shut up scotty, you homer and then i'm all like, he's top 15 at worst, you'll all see.

so yea, that's pretty much how I feel.
Quote:
Old 07-29-2010, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
also people were like ZOMGZ Anthony Davis is fat and lazy, FALL OUT OF 2nd round perhaps? And I'm all like shut up no wayy! and they were like shut up scotty, you homer and then i'm all like, he's top 15 at worst, you'll all see.
I was a Davis fan the whole time!!!!! :D
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote