Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I really didn't have too much of opinion on him as I really doubted the Patriots would have went CB early. In general though I had him in the group with Kareem Jackson, Kyle Wilson etc. But I read a piece that someone wrote before the draft that compared all aspects of the game from a CB perspective. They compared McCourty, Haden, Wilson, Jackson and one other, i can't remember who. But McCourty had the best Yards per Catch against him, the best Yards per Attempt against him, he was also far and away the best in run support and obviously had a very good 40 and 10 and 20 yd splits. Overall the writer said mcCourty is the most complete CB of the whole class.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
also people were like ZOMGZ Anthony Davis is fat and lazy, FALL OUT OF 2nd round perhaps? And I'm all like shut up no wayy! and they were like shut up scotty, you homer and then i'm all like, he's top 15 at worst, you'll all see.
I believe in Davis.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
HEY! you can love him, but he was mine first! He was my favorite player last year and I pimped him SO hard and everyone was like S.T.F.U scotty you dumb homer n00b, he's like a 4th rounder at best. and I was like, hey Shane P. Hallam, use McCourty as a riser in your article thingy and he was like oh scotty, you homer. and THEN everyone was like ZOMGZ McCourty runs fast and his dazzling good looks stop opposing WR's in their tracks! fringe 1st rounder!
so yea

also people were like ZOMGZ Anthony Davis is fat and lazy, FALL OUT OF 2nd round perhaps? And I'm all like shut up no wayy! and they were like shut up scotty, you homer and then i'm all like, he's top 15 at worst, you'll all see.

so yea, that's pretty much how I feel.
When you jizz over every single player on a team, you are bound to be right sometimes.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
When you jizz over every single player on a team, you are bound to be right sometimes.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I believe in Davis.
I also know how some people were saying Singletary isn't some magical coach who can fix every guy with a supposed character issue, but honestly I think he's the best coach to handle a guy like him. He just has some maturing to do, as did Vernon Davis, as Crabtree probably did. A coach like, say Wade Phillips for example would be the exact opposite to get the most out of Davis.

Sing will be all over Davis and he can turn into a top 3 LT in the league after 2-3 years. He's not going to be as good right off the bat as Iupati, but this is probably the best fit for a guy like Davis. I don't think there's alot of character issues to deal with, but he just has some growing up to do and may not be fully motivated just yet to push himself to be the best player he can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MITCH KING!!!

I can't wait for him to start blowing up interior OL in camp this year. I loved him in 09, was shocked when he went undrafted, and was furious when he went to the Titans. Let's go Mitch! Get angry at everybody who doubts you!

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Training camp is the best part of the Browns season because the only thing bad that can happen right now is we lose our best player for the whole year.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders sign Rolando McClain

The highest-drafted player to sign so far this year.

And

The Chiefs have signed everyone but Berry.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders always get there players signed on time well besides the whole Russell thing
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seymour has been playing inside at left tackle witch will allow Oakland to put there best four out there with Houston,Seymour,Kelly,Shaughnessy
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

The Chiefs no I mean Green Bay Packers are close to signing Bryan Bulaga. :)
Old 07-29-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Broncos sign Tim Tebow to $33 million contract
Old 07-29-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
quite pricey for a wildcat qb.

I bet njx is happy! haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

33 is the max with incentives $8.7 is guaranteed which isn't to bad.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was so lucky to be drafted where he was.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
33 is the max with incentives $8.7 is guaranteed which isn't to bad.
Yeah, there is pretty much no chance he gets the 33.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Graham is the latest 1st rounder to sign.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
Old 07-29-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to be at the Broncos camp next week. Hopefully I can get you guys some good pictures for the training camp picture thread there is bound to be. They always seem to lack good bronco pictures.

I'm ok with Tebow's contract. They keep posting that 33 million number but there is no way he will ever get to that amount. And if he does, I will have no problem paying him that much. The last 9 million in escalators have to do with stuff like pro bowl appearances, playoff wins and superbowls. If he can win us more playoff games than Cutler did *cough* zero *cough* I'll be ok with throwing some money his way.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updates from Panthers camp:

J-Stewart is on the PUP list rehabbing his leg still

Beason moved to the WLB spot and despite humbly saying "I'll never be as good as Davis in this spot" apparently tore it up knocking down passes and taking INTs (dropping a few too), he punishes himself with 50 pushups when he drops an INT.

Defensive line on the first team looked like **** apparenlty, they had 2 starters and the first back up out though, 2 DTs rehabbing and Johnson with a tweaked hammy

Old 07-30-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Beason moved to the WLB spot and despite humbly saying "I'll never be as good as Davis in this spot" apparently tore it up knocking down passes and taking INTs (dropping a few too), he punishes himself with 50 pushups when he drops an INT.
Whats the story with Thomas Davis? Are they just trying Beason out at WLB or was he moved or something?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:30 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tore his ACL out for the season if I remember right
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 days in a row Fat Albert doesnt get to practice with the team lol
Old 07-30-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Whats the story with Thomas Davis? Are they just trying Beason out at WLB or was he moved or something?
In meeks' system WLB is the factory, Davis tore his acl in OTAs so Beason shifts to WLB Dan Conner into middle.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only 9 days until preseason is kicked off! I'm so excited. I fully expect the preseason thread to be created soon.

As far as predicitons go...it's nothing big, but I expect Tebow to be amazing or terrible during preseason. No in between, or middle of the road. One or the other. Just a feeling. We'll see many overreactions either way.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
In meeks' system WLB is the factory, Davis tore his acl in OTAs so Beason shifts to WLB Dan Conner into middle.
Who's going to get the bulk of the carries, DWill or JStew?

Steelers report today!