Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric "The Sex" Berry is close to signing pre Adam Schefter.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
also people were like ZOMGZ Anthony Davis is fat and lazy, FALL OUT OF 2nd round perhaps? And I'm all like shut up no wayy! and they were like shut up scotty, you homer and then i'm all like, he's top 15 at worst, you'll all see.
Just for you, scottyboy!

Quote:
Baalke said that Davis has been working out at the 49ers facility every day since OTAs ended in June. Davis' conditioning was an issue early in spring practices, but he began to improve his stamina as the sessions drew to a close. "As of right now, he's doing an outstanding job of self-monitoring ...," Baalke said. "He's a self-motivated guy. I think you're going to see as the season unfolds and his career unfolds that a lot of things that have been said about him are probably a little bit misconstrued. This guy is a worker, but what you have to realize is he's 20 years old. He's learning how to be a pro."
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...icks-unsi.html
Old 07-30-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Only 9 days until preseason is kicked off! I'm so excited. I fully expect the preseason thread to be created soon.

As far as predicitons go...it's nothing big, but I expect Tebow to be amazing or terrible during preseason. No in between, or middle of the road. One or the other. Just a feeling. We'll see many overreactions either way.
I'm expecting a bit of both actually. I see him being better than advertised in some specific plays drawn up for him(eg goal line plays etc), but when he comes in to lead the offense as a 'normal' QB he will struggle

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers get Bulaga done
Old 07-30-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maurkice Pouncey is close to signing.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Foxworth torn ACL. wow this secondary is in bad shape.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Heck of a blow pretty weak.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Foxworth torn ACL. wow this secondary is in bad shape.
Wow that's not good. So what's your secondary going to look like at the start of the season if Ed Reed gets put on the PUP?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, if Davis and Iupati both work out for San Fran, and I think they will, they're going to have a beastly O-line.

Hint, hint, Pittsburgh.

Hint, ************* hint!

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Redskins, rookie OT Williams agree to six-year, $60M deal
Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam_Schefter

San Francisco pulled off a double play, signing two draft picks: first-round pick Anthony Davis and third-round pick Navorro Bowman.
VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Wow that's not good. So what's your secondary going to look like at the start of the season if Ed Reed gets put on the PUP?
If Fabian Washinton is on PUP

cb1-Chris Carr
cb2-Travis Fisher
cb3-Walt Harris

I will puke if I go on.

By week 6 our CB will be.

cb1-Webb
cb2-Washington
cb3-Carr
cb4-Fisher
cb5-Harris.

That wont be bad, but we will give up 400 passing yards a game until they get healthy.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
scpanther22
Rookie

scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.

6'7' SLB..
Quote:
Expect linebacker movement on defense. Second-year man Michael Johnson is moving from defensive end to strongside linebacker, where coaches would like him to win the starting job
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0vArEV2aQ
scpanther22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:

cb1-Chris Carr
cb2-Travis Fisher
cb3-Walt Harris

I will puke if I go on.

cb1-Webb
cb2-Washington
cb3-Carr
cb4-Fisher
cb5-Harris.

That wont be bad, but we will give up 400 passing yards a game until they get healthy.
So would that leave Zbikowski and Landry as the two safeties? That's not a good sign for your pass defense if so

Old 07-30-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so ******* glad football season is up and running.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I'm so ******* glad football season is up and running.
I'll drink to that

Old 07-30-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah while Reed is on PUP Zbi will be the FS. And he is better then many people think. He played very well it shocked me. He stays in his zone and doenst free lance like Reed and that helps us. Zbi is a baller its not the end of the world when he starts
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe Merriman is making such a fuss over a contract extension, I mean seriously? Dude has played in 15 games over the past 2 seasons, and in that span has a total of 4 sacks, 0 INT's, 0 FF's, 0 pass deflections, all areas in which he excelled in his first 3 seasons in the league.

So why exactly do you deserve a contract again? He's talking about going to a team who can build a defense around him, yet he hasn't even come close to showing that he should be that type of player.

I'm really unsure as to what he expects the Chargers to do, and nobody really even wants the guy because if so he probably would have been traded by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taylor Mays signed and sealed in time for camp

Old 07-30-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you all think about fat albert's conditioning test issues?

Idk what the story is but from what i hear it sounds like hes in decent shape, its just that shanahan is trying to rub it in and make him look as bad as possible and ESPN and the rest are just eating it up. id feel bad for the guy if the whole situation wasnt his fault to begin with.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
What do you all think about fat albert's conditioning test issues?

Idk what the story is but from what i hear it sounds like hes in decent shape, its just that shanahan is trying to rub it in and make him look as bad as possible and ESPN and the rest are just eating it up. id feel bad for the guy if the whole situation wasnt his fault to begin with.
Definitely seems like Shanahan is singling him out to make an example of him. I'm in favor of the "treat all of your players the same" approach, so I'm not too pleased with that move. It makes "The Ultimate Leader" look petty, even if Haynesworth is a jerk.

Quote:

cb1-Chris Carr
cb2-Travis Fisher
cb3-Walt Harris

I will puke if I go on.

cb1-Webb
cb2-Washington
cb3-Carr
cb4-Fisher
cb5-Harris.

I believe it's week seven that players can come off the PUP list. Definitely glad the Patriots get the Ravens before then.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Definitely seems like Shanahan is singling him out to make an example of him. I'm in favor of the "treat all of your players the same" approach, so I'm not too pleased with that move. It makes "The Ultimate Leader" look petty, even if Haynesworth is a jerk.

Thats what i thought too. I think karma is catching up to Haynesworth and hes suffering some serious public embarrassment after his equally embarrassing offseason of sitting out while making more than everyone else on the team.

At the same time though, did anyone else who missed team activities get this challenging of a fitness test? im not saying its a killer run, but its kinda tough for such a big guy. I feel bad for him because I dont think anyone else was pushed as hard. but at the same time he made a 21 million in april and was whining about it, so i really have hard time finding sympathy for his plight.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to feel sorry for a guy like AH, but the test sounds ridiculous. Deangelo Hall is quoted saying he's not sure he himself could finish the test.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

Adam_Schefter

1. Niners keeping busy: Now they have signed their other first-round pick, guard Mike Iupati, to a five-year deal. 6 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter
Old 07-30-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the doom & gloom Raiders have finally pulled out of their team tailspin.

McClain is in Napa after signing this wk. for $23M guaranteed money making good on his promise to fans to be on the field for the start of camp. The Raiders have all 80 players under contract for the 1st time in many seasons, giving a positive atmosphere to their start in Napa that's 180-out from the horribly depressing camp last yr. with the asst. sucker punch & rumors of Cable's firing swirling around.

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_15636030

This is far from the days of Jamarcus Russell holding out & wasting his entire rookie yr about 3 yrs. ago.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote