Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Maybe the doom & gloom Raiders have finally pulled out of their team tailspin.

McClain is in Napa after signing this wk. for $23M guaranteed money making good on his promise to fans to be on the field for the start of camp. The Raiders have all 80 players under contract for the 1st time in many seasons, giving a positive atmosphere to their start in Napa that's 180-out from the horribly depressing camp last yr. with the asst. sucker punch & rumors of Cable's firing swirling around.

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_15636030

This is far from the days of Jamarcus Russell holding out & wasting his entire rookie yr about 3 yrs. ago.
I'm really interested to see how the Raiders do this year. My wild guess is at least 8 wins.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love anthony davis so much. that OL with Gore running...that could be deadly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Berry signed, yay!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck with Ed Reed, Baltimore. He's going to sit on the PUP and probably not come back until they match Berry's salary.

Last edited by nepg : 07-30-2010 at 02:10 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs made Eric Berry the highest paid safety in NFL history, don't get me wrong I love me some Berry and glad the deal is done but how the NFL let these rookies deals get so out of hand is bound me.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/7...hest?ref=yahoo

The guaranteed portion is $34 million.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why the new CBA is surely going to have a rookie payscale a la the NBA.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buccaneers open camp Today with orientation and physicals then a team activity.

Finally get Cody Grimm signed, last 7th Rounder to do so.
Thought we were gonna see an ever rare late round hold out.
Apparently his agent, Eric Metz, thought he was too cool for slotting.

Still hopeful McCoy signs Tomorrow morning before practice goes down.
Having him on the same agency representing Bradford blows.

P.s. Stay away injury bug, nobody likes you.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
Thats what i thought too. I think karma is catching up to Haynesworth and hes suffering some serious public embarrassment after his equally embarrassing offseason of sitting out while making more than everyone else on the team.

At the same time though, did anyone else who missed team activities get this challenging of a fitness test? im not saying its a killer run, but its kinda tough for such a big guy. I feel bad for him because I dont think anyone else was pushed as hard. but at the same time he made a 21 million in april and was whining about it, so i really have hard time finding sympathy for his plight.
Albert was the only one that had to do it because everybody else came to atleast 50 percent of the activities.

EDIT- Everyone had to take the test but everbodys test was not timed.

i thought this was funny
Quote:
Haynesworth is required to run 25 yards, touch his foot on the line and run 25 yards back a total of six times. For offensive and defensive linemen, the first run must be completed in 70 seconds or less and the second set in less than 73 seconds, Wright said.

Haynesworth failed Friday's test because he ran the first leg in 71 seconds. Because he missed his first mark, there was no need to run the second set.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
What do you all think about fat albert's conditioning test issues?

Idk what the story is but from what i hear it sounds like hes in decent shape, its just that shanahan is trying to rub it in and make him look as bad as possible and ESPN and the rest are just eating it up. id feel bad for the guy if the whole situation wasnt his fault to begin with.
Shanny told all the players that if they dont come to atleast 50% of the team activities there was gonna be a test, so it isnt like Albert didnt know what was going to happen
Old 07-30-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!"
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some notes from Chiefs first practice.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/07/3...field-indoors/

Quote:
Brian Waters held out of practice. No word on if this is because of injury or because he failed the conditioning test.

No sign of Eric Berry yet though he is on his way.

Jared Page as expected the only no show. (Wants traded)

Ryan Succop kicking field goals and not missing. :)

Dwayne Bowe with a magnificent diving catch on sidelines both feet in bounds.

Dwanye Bowe again changes direction for great catch from Matt Cassel.

Running backs showing toughness.

Defense needs to work on run coverage. (Shocking)

Outside of Bowe WR's having trouble with drops. :(
Old 07-30-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me back my original avatar!
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Bradford signed per Adam Schefter. Not sure if it deserves a thread.

Quote:
Filed to ESPN: Rams reached agreement w/ Sam Bradford on a six-year, $78 million deal with $86 mil max value that includes $50 million gtd.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hazing: its not just for rookies

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is awesome. Also, I was so pissed when people thought the Niners were going to take Maybin. He's just like Kentwan Balmer, has one season of doing well and the NFL blows a load for him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some stuff from the Panthers camp

Kenny Moore 2nd year guy has been taking snaps in Steve Smith's place. Quietly he's becoming the forerunner ahead of LaFell and Jarrett to start opposite Smith.

LaFell is having inconsistent days, circus catches here and there, great blocking 100% of the time, then dropping easy balls.

Moore is far and away ahead of Cantwell, pike and Clausen. Reporter remarked that if you took away numbers and names from the Jerseys you'd know it was him.

Jarrett had trouble lining up on the right side of the field... This guy is a bust for sure.

Greg Hardy was mentioned by everyone who was at camp fans or reporters as a guy to watch, apparently he terrorised the 2nd team offense all day and was going against a tackle who gave up 0 sacks in 5 games last year filling in for Otah, if he stays healthy he might be a nice find.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

Day 3 Albert still isnt able to practice with the team yet but they let him on the field today, just without pads.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Bucs sign Gerald McCoy and Donald Penn to monster deals
Old 07-31-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jevan Snead was not at first practice.

Donald Penn signing prompted cut of OT James Williams.

It hasn't been announced yet who was cut to make room for McCoy, but signs point to Snead... Couldn't even look good enough to be in a competition with Rudy Carpenter for 3rd string QB.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Berry shows up at Chiefs practice

:)
Old 07-31-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Shanny told all the players that if they dont come to atleast 50% of the team activities there was gonna be a test, so it isnt like Albert didnt know what was going to happen

ah alright i didnt know about that was just curious what was up thanks

anyone going to the Giants camp up in albany? i might go for one of the days
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Pat Williams has an expletive good time laying out Toby Gerhart

Quote:
Years from now, perhaps Toby Gerhart will look back on his ‘Welcome to the NFL moment’ with some sort of appreciation for the rite of passage.

Otherwise, he’ll probably consider Pat Williams a compete ass. Because it was Williams who clobbered Gerhart during the first Minnesota Vikings practice in full pads this morning, drilling the rookie running back as he came to the hole.

As Tom Pelissero if ESPN 1500 noted, perhaps it was Williams letting the second-round draft pick from Stanford know that the veterans recognized he was a day late getting to training camp as he waited to complete his contract.

“This ain't college no more,” Williams told Pelissero. “They're grown mans out there. (Expletive.) Paying these college boys like they already played before, so (expletive), we just show 'em. This is a different breed out there. This is grown men. It ain't boys no more. But they pay 'em like they done played in the NFL now.”

“(Expletive). I don't apologize to nobody,” Williams said. “(Expletive), get your ass up. Let's go. Point blank. That's how I roll. I've been playing for like 14 years. I don't complain about nothing. I don't whine about nothing. I'm just coming to camp to have fun. Same old, same old every year."

Fortunately, Gerhart said he was expecting to be knocked around a little. Hey, it’s football. This is the NFL. Expletive.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this kind of stuff, on the surface Williams might seem like an asshole, but if Gerhart keeps working hard he'll earn their respect and the team will get tighter because of it.

Beason got called out by Mike Goodson, 2nd year former 4th rounder for 1 on 1 pass protection drills.

Kenny Moore burned Richard Marshall twice on saturday, not bad for a guy who had just 6 catches last year. Moore isn't anyone you'll have heard of but he sticks to steve smith like glue and Smith has apparently taken him as something of an apprentice.

Greg Hardy is getting massive props too, from every coach to every one watching reporters to fans in attendance he's killing it, never relaxes, never takes a play off, looks fast, strong and definitely has a chip on his shoulder. Not bad for a guy who had "work ethic" questions in the lead up to the draft.

Before his final college season SI had him listed as their best prospect in the nation, he went at 175th overall. It'd be nice to have a good find on the defensive line after something of a drought.

Who knows, likely these two guys will do nothing of note this year, kind of why I hate training camp, makes me feel optimistic before a drubbing on opening day lets reality sink it.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

From ESPN's Chris Mortensen: "Texans owner Bob McNair made it clear he's going to reward Andre Johnson with a huge contract soon. I'd say by preseason opener Aug. 14."
Old 07-31-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Buccs are taking care of Ruud next they said publicly too.