Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping Joseph would have signed an extension by now myself

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple notes:

Penn and McCoy didn't make it for the AM practice but participated in the PM.

Mike Williams carries over his flashy play from OTAs and makes several big plays.

Freeman along with the other QBs are inconsistent and throwing balls all over the damn place.

Brian Price took advantage of McCoy's absence made the biggest impact of any player in the AM practice.

A bunch of other stuff I don't remember.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis McGahee got his tooth knocked out by SS Dawan Landry.

Also a fight broke out between Bryan Mattison OT(and ravesn DC son) and 5th round pick Arthur Jones. Its good to see that intensity so early.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Bengals OT Andre Smith is fat. Really fat.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints are playing with excellent health, and have everyone in camp on time!

Reggie bush is healthy for the first camp since after his rookie season, and he's in the best shape of his life, and having a great camp. Busted a few big gains already, and had "the run" of Camp. Excited to see him start a year like he finished this year!

Pierre Thomas, despite wanting a contract is in camp and on one play, broke so many tackles he drew a "Deuceeeee" chant :D Two headed monstah ftw!!

Jimmy Graham had a leaping, left handed, 1 hand catch over tight coverage.

Staff really likes Al Woods so far, we might have our nose tackle <3

Still waiting to see Clint Ingram get healthy.

Lance Moore is healthy again, and highly motivated to get his touches back. He's a fan favorite, and most like him more than I do, but our passing game just gets deeper with him playing well.

The Saints are practicing outdoors until the "gum melts in your pocket". That's the barometer that shows it is time to take it indoors.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can only assume that's because of his foot injury. Still not a good sign for Bengal fans.

A few tidbits from the Raiders...

- Richard Seymour has been lining up inside exclusively, playing opposite either Kelly or Henderson. Rookie Lamarr Houston has been playing mostly defensive end up but has seen some action at defensive tackle.

- Speaking of Houston, he apparently got in a fight with Gallery, continuing the trend he set at OTA's for a fiery attitude and a willingness to back it up.

- Heyward-Bey has made a habit of staying after practice work one-on-one with Asomugha on releasing and avoiding the jam.

- Rolando McClain has made quite a few plays on the ball in the passing game in 7-on-7's.

- Schilens is still barely seeing the field and his comeback is a long process. Along with Louis Murphy's recent concussion, the receiving corps is looking a bit thin. Ford is getting a lot of work at the moment.

- Practice has been physical, but the pads don't go on until Monday. Mike Mitchell has gotten dangerously close to being too physical a few times now.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post

Also a fight broke out between Bryan Mattison OT(and ravesn DC son) and 5th round pick Arthur Jones.
...whose brother happens to be a professional MMA fighter
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
"forget starcaps this dude needs mooncaps. how can someone eat so dam much. they should wire his jaw shut"

that comment was awesome
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamarr Houston is just bad ***
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:36 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I can only assume that's because of his foot injury. Still not a good sign for Bengal fans.
I would imagine its quite hard to condition with a FOOT problem. But that's just me apparently.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I would imagine its quite hard to condition with a FOOT problem. But that's just me apparently.
Eh, I hope Smith comes out and dominates as much as anyone, but it's not impossible for someone to exercise with a hurt foot and Smith has a specific contract stipulation to keep below 350 lbs. I don't think him showing up at 370 was unavoidable, but I don't think it's damning either.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man that was a good read.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at eagles camp yesterday and these are my impressions on the team:

Pretty much all the eagles drafted rookies have looked good to some extent so far, which is crazy considering there's 13 of them. I can see a scenario where all 13 of them make the team.
- DE Brandon Graham has been dominating the 1 on 1 drills, although he doesn't stand out as much in scrimmage drills, it was his first practice though.
- FS Nate Allen is a ball hawk in coverage and has more than held his own in run support, I think he can be more than the solid starter that many people think is his ceiling.
- DE Daniel Te'o-Nesheim has looked good in 1 on 1 drills as well, although not as good as Graham. He has done a little better in the scrimmage drills from what I saw though, making a nice TFL. He also got in a huge fight, which is definitely a contrast to the quiet, reserved guy he is off the field.
- CB Trevard Lindley is very solid in coverage, but I think his lack of bulk is a pretty big concern. There was one play where Riley Cooper just threw him to the ground and was wide open for a huge catch.
- LB Keenan Clayton is playing SAM for the eagles, which I found pretty interesting considering he might not even be 230 pounds. I did see why though because he was excellent in coverage while also being pretty physical, he did whiff on a tackle though.
- QB Mike Kafka looked solid, especially for a 4th round rookie. He was more accurate than Vick, who has looked a little bit more accurate than I thought he was. Kafka should be a good backup in the future.
- TE Clay Harbor made one really nice catch leaping in the middle of traffic, he and Cornelius Ingram make pretty nice depth behind Brenct Celek.
- WR Riley Cooper could win the 4th WR spot and add a new dimension to the already potent eagles weapons. He also got into today, his was with Ellis Hobbs. I'm fine with this as long as they make up afterward.
- LB Jamar Chaney looked good running sideline to sideline and in run support. He's still the 3rd string MLB though and I hope he can make the team.
- S Kurt Coleman had a nice interception, hadn't noticed him much other than that, but I don't think he got beat at all.
I'll mention Charles Scott a little bit later, I didn't see enough of Ricky Sapp or Jeff Owens to comment on them.

As for non rookies:
- Kevin Kolb impressed me a lot. Not only with his play on the field but the way he interacted with the other players off the field, he seems like everyone respects him a lot. There was one play where he ran out of the pocket and was running along the sideline when Kurt Coleman comes over to kind of run him out of bounds since you can't hit a QB, and Kolb stiff armed him in the face. This got a huge reaction from the crowd and Coleman knew he couldn't do anything about it.
- Ernie Sims looked fantastic in the first live practice of the year. He was flying around and hit sticking people with ease. I think he can definitely be a come back player this year, though I still have my doubts.
- For those who still think the eagles don't have a power runner, at least one of Mike Bell and Charles Scott will make the team and both run the ball with a lot of authority.
- DeSean Jackson, prior the injury of course, was lighting it up. Hauling in 2 bombs, 1 being a diving catch.
- Jeremy Maclin and LeSean McCoy both look to take steps forward in their 2nd year.

I could keep going on, but I'm sure I already typed more than most people care about haha. I'm probably coming off as a huge homer too.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordyzz scoffs at the legend of lord Favre.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 08-01-2010 at 11:37 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I was at eagles camp yesterday and these are my impressions on the team:

Pretty much all the eagles drafted rookies have looked good to some extent so far, which is crazy considering there's 13 of them. I can see a scenario where all 13 of them make the team.
- DE Brandon Graham has been dominating the 1 on 1 drills, although he doesn't stand out as much in scrimmage drills, it was his first practice though.
- FS Nate Allen is a ball hawk in coverage and has more than held his own in run support, I think he can be more than the solid starter that many people think is his ceiling.
- DE Daniel Te'o-Nesheim has looked good in 1 on 1 drills as well, although not as good as Graham. He has done a little better in the scrimmage drills from what I saw though, making a nice TFL. He also got in a huge fight, which is definitely a contrast to the quiet, reserved guy he is off the field.
- CB Trevard Lindley is very solid in coverage, but I think his lack of bulk is a pretty big concern. There was one play where Riley Cooper just threw him to the ground and was wide open for a huge catch.
- LB Keenan Clayton is playing SAM for the eagles, which I found pretty interesting considering he might not even be 230 pounds. I did see why though because he was excellent in coverage while also being pretty physical, he did whiff on a tackle though.
- QB Mike Kafka looked solid, especially for a 4th round rookie. He was more accurate than Vick, who has looked a little bit more accurate than I thought he was. Kafka should be a good backup in the future.
- TE Clay Harbor made one really nice catch leaping in the middle of traffic, he and Cornelius Ingram make pretty nice depth behind Brenct Celek.
- WR Riley Cooper could win the 4th WR spot and add a new dimension to the already potent eagles weapons. He also got into today, his was with Ellis Hobbs. I'm fine with this as long as they make up afterward.
- LB Jamar Chaney looked good running sideline to sideline and in run support. He's still the 3rd string MLB though and I hope he can make the team.
- S Kurt Coleman had a nice interception, hadn't noticed him much other than that, but I don't think he got beat at all.
I'll mention Charles Scott a little bit later, I didn't see enough of Ricky Sapp or Jeff Owens to comment on them.

As for non rookies:
- Kevin Kolb impressed me a lot. Not only with his play on the field but the way he interacted with the other players off the field, he seems like everyone respects him a lot. There was one play where he ran out of the pocket and was running along the sideline when Kurt Coleman comes over to kind of run him out of bounds since you can't hit a QB, and Kolb stiff armed him in the face. This got a huge reaction from the crowd and Coleman knew he couldn't do anything about it.
- Ernie Sims looked fantastic in the first live practice of the year. He was flying around and hit sticking people with ease. I think he can definitely be a come back player this year, though I still have my doubts.
- For those who still think the eagles don't have a power runner, at least one of Mike Bell and Charles Scott will make the team and both run the ball with a lot of authority.
- DeSean Jackson, prior the injury of course, was lighting it up. Hauling in 2 bombs, 1 being a diving catch.
- Jeremy Maclin and LeSean McCoy both look to take steps forward in their 2nd year.

I could keep going on, but I'm sure I already typed more than most people care about haha. I'm probably coming off as a huge homer too.
Oh, Nate Allen can be great in the end. I was realllllly disappointed when you guys got him. I was all happy you passed on Thomas and then you take Allen. It was like a kick in the balls. Allen was perfect for Dallas.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a good feeling Mike Williams(TB) and Jimmy Graham are gonna turn into studs, and it probably won't even take that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
it's called a proper diet. I am sure he can afford a dietitian.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Price continues to dominate.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants opened camp today and the defense got started off by playing a game of hot potato. They're trying to turn the page on Sheridan's awful laid back style.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
it's called a proper diet. I am sure he can afford a dietitian.
I'm not even talking about the weight really, more this 'conditioning' issue they brought up. Him not being able to run/workout like normal probably contributed in large part to his weight being up again along with him not being in great shape. I saw a video not too long ago where Marvin was seemingly praising him for keeping his weight in check so I suspect this injury has a lot to do with it. Much ado about nothing IMO.

Plus, he's an offensive lineman for christ sakes. Dude doesn't need to look like he was chiseled from stone or even be able to run for an extended period. Sure, I wish he would've been there from the get-go and lookin slim but its not really that necessary given his position. Long as he dominates people like he did at Bama and in flashes last season, it doesnt rly matter. I'd really just like him to be healthy above all.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 08-01-2010 at 08:27 PM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Jared Gaither dropped 30 pounds going from 340 to 311. That is a big drop. And at 6'9 I wonder if it is a bit too big of a drop;
Old 08-01-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...oes-some-work/

He is doing some work at camp.
To me it sounds more precautionary. The foot might be worse than thought and they are taking it slow.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I have a good feeling Mike Williams(TB) and Jimmy Graham are gonna turn into studs, and it probably won't even take that long.
I can't wait to see Graham in a game. Here's a leaping one handed catch he made in practice.

http://www.abc26.com/videobeta/0eda0...ighlight-catch
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Apparently Jared Gaither dropped 30 pounds going from 340 to 311. That is a big drop. And at 6'9 I wonder if it is a bit too big of a drop;
King Dunlap was about that as a rookie and looked freakishly skinny for an O-Lineman, he's now about 330 and is actually starting to look like an OL. I don't know what Gaither was thinking. That's basically like the equivalent of a 6'5 OT being 270 I believe.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the titans

-Jason McCourty continues to impress and is still the favorite for the second CB slot.

-Kenny Britt seems to be back in shape and "looked great catching the ball" during the first day of practice.

-Defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks benched 315 pounds, the measuring standard for a Titans defensive lineman, zero times when he joined the team as a second-round pick out of Auburn last year. “I didn’t even want to get up under it,” he said. Before 2009 training camp, also zero. In recent days, twice. It might not sound like a lot, but he and coaches regard it as a great improvement that shows the strength gains that will pay off for him this year. (paul kuharsky)

-Alterraun Verner has had two solid days of practice. He supposedly dominated his match-up with Justin Gage today and this is a write-up from yesterday-

"Defensively, I'll give some props to rookie cornerback
Alterraun Verner. The guy seems to be a football magnet. He had an interception on a deflected pass, but by now I can't call it a fluke. Verner had two picks in June after missing the May camps because of commitments at school. He's going to make the cornerback battle even more interesting to watch in camp. It's a three-man race between Ryan Mouton, Jason McCourty and Verner." -Jim Wyatt (titans beat writer)

-Derrick Morgan is hurt.... again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 08-01-2010 at 11:10 PM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote