Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-27-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OU week.

The UCLA wasn't the best. I'll leave it at that.

The young guys, DE Jeffcoat, DB Vaccaro, WR Marquise Goodwin and WR Mike Davis have been ballin'.

I hope Freshman WR Darius White is NEXT in having a big game.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
OU week.

The UCLA wasn't the best. I'll leave it at that.

The young guys, DE Jeffcoat, DB Vaccaro, WR Marquise Goodwin and WR Mike Davis have been ballin'.

I hope Freshman WR Darius White is NEXT in having a big game.
You at least have hope. Hope that the run D will show up again like it normally does. Hope that OU isn't that good (they've struggled against a couple of terrible teams).

Hope that Gilbert took some smart pills and has stopped going full ******.

I still find it crazy that you haven't had a real running game in years with all of the studs that Brown has brought in.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post

I still find it crazy that you haven't had a real running game in years with all of the studs that Brown has brought in.
This is what's pissing me off about this team so much, if we had a RB to rely on the dynamic of this team would have been completely different. Gilbert is really raw still and if we had a Benson, Ricky Williams, or even Jamaal Charles type to be a hog and take the pressure off of him it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

So much for Chris Whaley becoming that guy. It makes no sense how we can pull in top 5 recruiting classes year after year and it's so hard to find 1 RB to rely on.

Good news is that OU has had alot of close games also and they just haven't been beating everyone like they did FSU, so it's a toss up who wins this game right now. Gilbert is gonna have to make some big throws to win, and the D will have to play 10x better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This is what's pissing me off about this team so much, if we had a RB to rely on the dynamic of this team would have been completely different. Gilbert is really raw still and if we had a Benson, Ricky Williams, or even Jamaal Charles type to be a hog and take the pressure off of him it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

So much for Chris Whaley becoming that guy. It makes no sense how we can pull in top 5 recruiting classes year after year and it's so hard to find 1 RB to rely on.

Good news is that OU has had alot of close games also and they just haven't been beating everyone like they did FSU, so it's a toss up who wins this game right now. Gilbert is gonna have to make some big throws to win, and the D will have to play 10x better.
OSU has about 6 quality to stud rbs now and are bringing more in. No, you can't have any.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was impressed by Prince last weekend.

CB Aaron Williams went BEAST mode!!!8 tackles, 1 TFL and 1 FF.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
chilimap

rv rental arizona in gilbert arizona or chandler.

I always thought trying to rent was risky, I am weary some dishonest company would try to blame existing damage on me. Has any one had a good experience using a rental a rv or smaller camper? There are a ton of arizona rv stores its like everyone owns one out here.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It makes no sense how we can pull in top 5 recruiting classes year after year and it's so hard to find 1 RB to rely on.
Texas has been in the recruitment of many of the top rbs every year, but it always comes down to one thing, and that's $$. Texas doesn't play like that, so they lose out on those players on a yearly basis. I do agree though that we need to get our **** straight and bring in a top notch RB, cause the position has been in shambles since Charles left. We were spoiled with four years of Ricky, then four years of Benson, then another three by Charles.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the offense is looking like dog **** again.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bevo getting hamburgered today vs the Cyclones.

It would be their 1st ever win vs Texas.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OSU has about 6 quality to stud rbs now and are bringing more in. No, you can't have any.
Quality RB's are not the problem. OSU does not have 6 stud RB's so not sure what planet your living on if you felt that way. Brandon Saine really isn't a RB, he shows no Rb instincts what so ever, great WR out of the backfield and we have a team full of RB's just like him.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Today was a good example of why our offense sucks without a running game. G^2 throwing the ball 50+ times is NOT good at this point in his career.

Also, did Jason Garrett take OC lessons from Greg Davis? I swear i saw the same WR bubble screen about 15 times today.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Texas has been in the recruitment of many of the top rbs every year, but it always comes down to one thing, and that's $$. Texas doesn't play like that, so they lose out on those players on a yearly basis. I do agree though that we need to get our **** straight and bring in a top notch RB, cause the position has been in shambles since Charles left. We were spoiled with four years of Ricky, then four years of Benson, then another three by Charles.
Lol, that's funny about the money comment. I remember romance Taylor in high-school... poor as dirt. Then I see him at a party driving an escalade the next year.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quality RB's are not the problem. OSU does not have 6 stud RB's so not sure what planet your living on if you felt that way. Brandon Saine really isn't a RB, he shows no Rb instincts what so ever, great WR out of the backfield and we have a team full of RB's just like him.
Rawr! Angry Horn. Sad horn. Lashing out horn.

I was engaging in hyperbole. There is probably only one stud out of the six. And he is redshirting this year (Smith). Berry and Hall have a chance to be great.

Brandon Saine is a decent backfield WR, like you said. He has no business being an RB.

I was referring to Boom (above average, but not fast enough to be great), Jordan Hall (quick, fast, strong, and small), Jamaal Berry (quick, fast, powerful, smallish), Carlos Hyde (big, strong), Roderick Smith (supposedly another Eddie George).

I still can't believe how bad you guys are on offense. So many stud recruits and no cohesiveness. I mean, against a team like ISU, you should be able run the ball all day against them. 57 passes?!?!?
Old 10-24-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Lol, that's funny about the money comment. I remember romance Taylor in high-school... poor as dirt. Then I see him at a party driving an escalade the next year.
I still see some UT players driving around in pimp rides. But this happens on every bigtime football campus.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
And do you also remember him being kicked off the team after being arrested for drug charges and having to serve jail time? Boosters are everywhere, and they supply kids with money and fancy toys. This happens at every school, but players' families now a days have the balls to straight up ask the coaching staff for money. It's ridiculous.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And do you also remember him being kicked off the team after being arrested for drug charges and having to serve jail time? Boosters are everywhere, and they supply kids with money and fancy toys. This happens at every school, but players' families now a days have the balls to straight up ask the coaching staff for money. It's ridiculous.
I was at that party. That was actually the party i was speaking of. 5 pounds of dro, $20,000 worth of drugs inside an escalade.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Garrett Gilbert have photos of Mack Brown with a couple Mexican trannies and a kilo of coke?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm not sure, but they're ruining G^2. Greg Davis needs to GTFO, Mack Brown needs to stop thinking about his comfy retirement and get his ******* **** straight. This has to be the most embarrassing season of his career.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:24 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not sure, but they're ruining G^2. Greg Davis needs to GTFO, Mack Brown needs to stop thinking about his comfy retirement and get his ******* **** straight. This has to be the most embarrassing season of his career.
It's not just the offense. I have no idea how some chump teams have run all over the D. It makes no freaking sense. Muschamp has to be sweating bullets here. The KSUs, Baylors, and UCLAs of the world don't just dictate that they are going to run against a team full of all world recruits.

It's baffling and frustrating. I'm an OSU guy, but I pull for the Horns since I've lived here for over a decade. Mack has lost this team and he knows it. But he seems baffled as to how to get it back. It sounds like there is a serious lack of leadership from the players.

I mean, the fact that there is a question about making a bowl game is crazy.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:20 AM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the greatest threads ive seen on the internet:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...s-behind-Co-op
aLARGEtopHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLARGEtopHat View Post
One of the greatest threads ive seen on the internet:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...s-behind-Co-op
Hilarity. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
It's not just the offense. I have no idea how some chump teams have run all over the D. It makes no freaking sense. Muschamp has to be sweating bullets here. The KSUs, Baylors, and UCLAs of the world don't just dictate that they are going to run against a team full of all world recruits.

It's baffling and frustrating. I'm an OSU guy, but I pull for the Horns since I've lived here for over a decade. Mack has lost this team and he knows it. But he seems baffled as to how to get it back. It sounds like there is a serious lack of leadership from the players.

I mean, the fact that there is a question about making a bowl game is crazy.
How would you feel if you were getting thrown out there for 70% of the game to play defense when the offense has it's head up it's ass? The defense lost all passion to play when they realized that the offense wasn't ever going to do anything productive. The defense showed up against Nebraska after being embarrassed the week before and dominated, and i give a lot of credit to the offense for being able to move the ball for extended periods of time to rest the D. I swear, Greg Davis and Jason Garrett have to be related, they'll throw screens on screens on screens. I still maintain that they mishandled Gilbert since last season, they babied him and it bit them in the ass. Numerous times they had the opportunity to get him comfortable with the offense but Mack wanted to take the highroad and not run up the score. The team is lost, and there's gonna need to be some serious changes to get it back, because this is killing recruiting.

Also, through OB sources have confirmed that Greg Davis will be fired and Mack's in limbo. If they don't make a bowl game, there's a very good chance he could be forced into retirement.

Also, that shaggybevo thread is ******* hilarious.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
I agree this season has been one of his worst ever. We are not even close to being as bad as we are looking, evidenced by some of our big wins this season or how piss poor we have played vs teams who do not have better players.

I certainly don't understand, but I do also realize that not always can you come in with a freshman QB like recent years and plug him in and expect to be dominant. Florida isn't ranked right now either, but I'm more upset at our level of play, we showed what we are capable of vs OU and Nebraska and I don't seed the same effort weekly.

It does seem like he may have lost the team.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the **** can you be the National Player of the Year as a high school senior and be so ******* terrible in college? Garrett Gilbert is a ******* embarrassment to Texas football. He's atrocious. You guys deserve better than this. Are there no other QBs on the roster?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beaten by the UCLA Badnews Bruins, then in a squeaker by the Cyclones, then bitchslapped by the Baylor Baptists. Now by 17 points by Oklahoma St.

Quote:
Mack Brown needs to stop thinking about his comfy retirement and get his ******* **** straight. This has to be the most embarrassing season of his career.
Talk about somebody who needs to GTFO. Mack should have gone to the AD job yrs ago instead of retiring on this one, his Mack Attack is toothless this yr.

This HC is all fluff & no stuff.... the Board of Regents should forcibly move him to AD, if he refuses (waves his multi-million-$ contract in their faces), they can wave a pic of Bobby Bowden in his face: there but for the grace of God & Bevo go you.

Whatever happened to Major Applewhite, is he in the Horns staff? He's primed, rested & ready for the HC job, turned the Rice offense around (led the nation for awhile) & the Bama offense in Saban's 1st yr. with Shula's mediocre leftovers.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote