Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Stafford Yardage Number
More than 4,000 5 19.23%
3,700-3,999 13 50.00%
3,500-3,699 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Stafford 4,000 Yards???

The more I think about the more I hope Stafford can hit 4,000 yards this season. I know its a big jump from last year but considering the weapons he has now, some improvment on the Oline with Sims/two tight end sets/healthy Peterman, second year in the league with 10 starts and second year under a good coordinator, I think Stafford can get to 4,000 yards. He's taking all the reps now and learning how to put more air under the ball which will help his accuracy.

Running game and better defense(far from great though) will help him out to keep him clean and throw defenses off balance.

Calvin 1,200
Burleson 800
Bryant Johnson 400
Scheffler 600
Pettigrew 400
RBs 400
Other WRs 300

4,100 yards
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i could see it....they are taking the cardinal/saint approach to being a good team. high powered passing attack now mixing with what should be a solid run game, and have slowly been making the defense respectable. they have some great players on defense with suh and delmas, i love me some avril and KVB too. i can see them finishing with a respectable record next year and 4000 yards isnt out of the question at all especially if stafford takes the next step as far as decision making goes and can stay healthy. they have the players to do it for sure
Old 07-29-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he'll fall short of it. we're not elite, so we're going to have plenty of chances to come from behind and run up his passing yards. i just don't see us having the chemistry in one year to nail 4k yards. maybe in year 3. i don't trust him being healthy all year, the right tackle and general oline health, plus we don't have the track record with our offensive system to put him on peyton manning level of yardage yet. for the first time in decades, it is finally possible to believe that a lions qb can do it.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
he'll fall short of it. we're not elite, so we're going to have plenty of chances to come from behind and run up his passing yards. i just don't see us having the chemistry in one year to nail 4k yards. maybe in year 3. i don't trust him being healthy all year, the right tackle and general oline health, plus we don't have the track record with our offensive system to put him on peyton manning level of yardage yet. for the first time in decades, it is finally possible to believe that a lions qb can do it.
Yeah its a big jump for him. He was on pace for 3,600 with just Calvin and Pettigrew in 8 games last year and little run game but you never know. Its a good thing to think about but Stafford has to take the next step is the most important thing. Oline health doesn't concern me other than Peterman but Peterman is ready to go. Burleson staying healthy is a concern given his past though and Pettigrew being ready Week 1 which seems to be the case that he will be ready. Stafford has had all offseason with tons of reps and will have TC with Calvin and the new guys. Pettigrew is the only issue as he will miss some or most of TC in terms of chemsitry.

I think Gosder will get some help this year with more two tight end sets. With both Scheffler and Pettigrew in the mix, Pettigrew can block more and help out our tackles big time, especially Gosder if he continues to be inconsistent. Of course if that happens, look for Jon Jansen in the games.

And if Stafford goes down somehow, hopefully not, I think Hill can do well. 4,000 for Stafford or 4,000 combined between Stafford and Hill if Hill has to play a few games.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he'll end up with 35-3700 yards I think.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The real issue here is if he can stay healthy for the full season necessary to put up those mind-blowing stats.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
The real issue here is if he can stay healthy for the full season necessary to put up those mind-blowing stats.
And his weapons as well.

Calvin, Pettigrew, Burleson, Scheffler, and Kevin Smith all missed games last season.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our run game blows and our d is still terrible. sounds like a recipe for 4000+ yards.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see it, but I don't think its likely.
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see 4,000. Not yet. Not unless he raises his completion percentage by 10 points. Also I don't think the offensive improvements are going to be as great as we think.

I think he'll go for about 3,700 with a 58-60% completion pct unless the OL proves to be not as improved as we had hoped.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we can run the ball just well enough to avoid needing Stafford to throw for 4000 yards.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im going with 3500-3700 range.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He went for 227 yards a game last year which doing a quick math is over 3,600 yards if he had played a full 16 games. Thats the 2nd most yards rookie ever (payton, per espn radio).

Its hard to believe with all the extra talent and most importantly the extra year under his belt he wont improve on that. Hopefully though the rushing game and def will be better and he wont be forced to throw so much late in games.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
our run game blows and our d is still terrible. sounds like a recipe for 4000+ yards.
I think your point about the running game is the key. In as much as 4k passing for the Lions looks good it probably means more hits on your QB and more losses. I think they need a better balance of runs to pass to be successful.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
HIL-AR-I-OUS ... but a streeeetch.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:38 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he (and Megatron) is healthy in all of the games...yes.