Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:18 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Davone Bess downhill spiral

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...er-11&at_pos=0

This is after the following things.

1.) 15+ drops this year

2.) posting a picture on twitter of him smoking weed next to a Bob Marley flag

3.) posting a picture on twitter yesterday of a joint, pile of weed, alcohol, and a documentary of cocaine and drug use in Miami during the 1980's

Now he gets arrested for assaulting an officer, smart.

Cleveland - where careers go to die and players go insane.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drugs & Alcohol..... stay cool brah.

At least he didn't drive drunk, 115MPH, and kill a teammate like Josh Brent down here in Dallas.

This fool only F'd up his own career/life.
Way to be cool.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Him and Kellen Winslow should hang out.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:32 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Him and Kellen Winslow should hang out.
Or Josh Gordon, find a little purple drank and go to town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cut his ass. What a goon.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:35 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Or Josh Gordon, find a little purple drank and go to town
It's so ironic that Bess was supposed to be the veteran mentor for our young wide receivers - great job.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 01-17-2014, 10:36 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at least they got rid of that infection issue that ruined LeCharles Bentley.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's clear that Bess needs help. This is the exact opposite of the person he was supposed to be, and there has been talk of family issues. Hopefully he gets what he needs.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
I think it's clear that Bess needs help. This is the exact opposite of the person he was supposed to be, and there has been talk of family issues. Hopefully he gets what he needs.
Yeah you don't normally go to social media with **** like that unless its a clear cry for help...

Old 01-17-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sure sounds like something as a trigger. The linked article says he missed the last 2 games dealing with personal issues. I don't recall ever seeing his name in the news in a negative way prior to this, so let's hope he gets himself fixed.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:18 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's 28 years old with a ton of money and access to any medical/counseling he could want. It's a matter of will and wanting to change and acknowledging any issues. The stuff he has done lately is just dumb.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
He's 28 years old with a ton of money and access to any medical/counseling he could want. It's a matter of will and wanting to change and acknowledging any issues. The stuff he has done lately is just dumb.
A lot of times they end up broke. At 28 i'd guess his ticked has already been punched. There isn't going to be some miraculous turnaround with him.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

I just realized I made the topic downhill spiral instead of downward spiral, i feel dumb.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/17/mariju...-legalization/
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
A lot of times they end up broke. At 28 i'd guess his ticked has already been punched. There isn't going to be some miraculous turnaround with him.
For his first 27 years, the only issue there ever was with him was that he let someone put stolen items in his car once as a teenager. We're not talking about a habitual offender here who needs a miraculous turnaround, we're talking about a pretty normal guy who all of a sudden went weird.

Seems more like some kind of mental break. I'm guessing a bottle of prescription pills clears it right up.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-17-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Bess always seemed to me to be a hard working guy who was quick and got open.

Here he looked like a homeless guy that ran with his feet in mud.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And it looks like he was arrested and hospitalized BEFORE he was traded to the Dolphins. Via the Miami Herald.
Quote:
On that night, BSO was called to Bess' Cooper City home. When the first deputy arrived, he noted a strong smell of cannabis coming from the master bedroom. The deputy also observed several males trying to restrain an agitated, incoherent Bess, who was trying to throw them off. He started screaming about guns and drugs and football. Efforts by fire rescue to sedate him were unsuccessful.

Finally, a half-dozen cops were able to pin him down. Bess was taken to Memorial East Hospital for observation.
And a month later the Browns traded for him and gave him a contract extension. Holy **** are the Browns screwed up. I mean if a newspaper could find this stuff out I'm sure a PI or whoever does background checks there. They flipped fourths and exchanged their 5th in return for a 7th round pick for Bess.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly, when the cops subdued him, he asked where his weed was and yelled at them to throw him the football because he wanted to score a touchdown.

Yep, Davone Bess done lost his damn mind. Someone get him the number of the doctor who got Brandon Marshall properly medicated.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:05 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While it's unfortunate his life has gone this route I couldn't help but laugh at the twitter feed that was illustrating the course of events. Like how he took his shirt off and got in a fight stance then the cop just smacked him in the leg with his ASP.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:58 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a mental breakdown. I wonder what the personal issues he missed games for was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of this was going on and Cleveland thought, lets trade for this guy and give him an extension. That's what blows me away. There were probably many other NFL teams that looked at the trade or were offered something and then did some research and background checks and found this stuff or get reports back related to it.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shake and bake.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my only "insider" stories of the NFL I have. I was at the Cal Pro Day back when Bess was coming into the NFL. One of his agents/representatives was talking to a few of the scouts and I happened to overhear the whole thing. The agent was telling them he was going to be the next Wes Welker! (Not making this up) He asked these scouts how high up would the scouts take Wes Welker if he were in that years draft. I was appalled by the retardation of this agent, I even saw one of the scouts leave in the middle of his little Welker comparison. Hilarious.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
One of my only "insider" stories of the NFL I have. I was at the Cal Pro Day back when Bess was coming into the NFL. One of his agents/representatives was talking to a few of the scouts and I happened to overhear the whole thing. The agent was telling them he was going to be the next Wes Welker! (Not making this up) He asked these scouts how high up would the scouts take Wes Welker if he were in that years draft. I was appalled by the retardation of this agent, I even saw one of the scouts leave in the middle of his little Welker comparison. Hilarious.
I've actually said that a few times on this forum.

It's not hilarious. He's Wes Welker with a tan, except he's never had anyone to throw him the ball.

Well, and some insanity now. As far as I know Welker doesn't have that.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't know what happened to bess it seems like he had some kind of breakdown. who knows whats going on in his life that could have caused this but it seems like a switch flipped on him he was known as a high character, hard-working vet and a productive receiver, and this year he plays like crap, leaves the team week 15 for personal reasons, and now this. seems like he could care less about his career, and not sure what would suddenly cause this for a guy who has kept a relatively low profile most of his career.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote