Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torn ACL for Maclin. Sucks.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
6-8 280 lbs Margus Hunt got dropped by 5-11 245 lbs FB John Conner at practice today. Only injury was Hunt's ego
Not surprising at all. Posterboy for the "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" saying.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Dislocated hip for Pitta and will be out for the foreseeable future. Will miss at least the Denver game
Excuse me while I go punch a kitten in the face.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Not surprising at all. Posterboy for the "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" saying.
I agree. I hope he figures it out because I wasn't a fan of the pick.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter reporting that Dennis Pitta is out for the year.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m

Ravens TE Dennis Pitta is expected to be out for the year with a dislocated hip, per ESPN source.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Adam Schefter reporting that Dennis Pitta is out for the year.
I'd probably keep Ed Dickson away from anything that resembles contact till the season starts.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 horrible ones today.

I hate this fuckingthread but it's usually the only big news during the months of July & August.

You just hope your team remains off this thread.

Someone's due to snap an Achilles over the next 24 hours...... somewhere.
Who?

Novorro Bowman?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Vernon Gholston says hello
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
2 horrible ones today.

I hate this fuckingthread but it's usually the only big news during the months of July & August.

You just hope your team remains off this thread.

Who?

Novorro Bowman?
My money is on Aaron Rodgers.

By the way your boy Harvin got hurt and I noticed your Seahawks/49ers pendulum swing nonsense wasn't updated like it was when Crabtree got hurt.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 07-27-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who?

Novorro Bowman?
Pretty classy to passively wish injury on someone.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
You talking to me or ya boy Ness?
Those are jokes dude, lighten up. Like we have any power over it like some kind of voo-doo doll or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
My money is on Aaron Rodgers.
Not sure what the deal is with Harvin, but aside from last year when he checked out, he was always questionable with nagging stuff but he usually played.
We'll see what happens with this......but Harvin is very important to them, just not quite like Crabtree since CK had already fallen in love with Crab and he had already been his favorite target.

Wilson didn't have Harvin last year. His favorite guys from last year Rice, Tate, etc. are still there. A bit different.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You talking to me or ya boy Ness?
Those are jokes dude, lighten up. Like we have any power over it like some kind of voo-doo doll or something.
Why would he be talking to me? He quoted your post. Plus you were the one that initiated the injury-wishing that you're now trying to pass off using the "I was just joking" card. Hey, why do you go up to your best friend and tell them you hope their mother gets hit by a car then play it off as a "joke". I'm sure they'll pick up on your humor.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-28-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol that has to be the worst example ever.

Gotta love the pro football section.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another one bites the dust

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Broncos fear C Dan Koppen tore his ACL during Sunday's training camp practice.
He's undergoing a Sunday afternoon MRI to confirm the injury's extent. Koppen was carted off the field in team drills. Re-signed in June after penciled-in starter J.D. Walton underwent a significant ankle surgery, Koppen was essentially Denver's fallback plan. They may now have to turn to a No. 3 center. The top free agent Cs available are Jeff Faine, Eugene Amano, and Jason Brown.

wtf is going on. Torn ACL's every damn day apparently
Old 07-28-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Minnesota Viking fan, my brother was laughing when they raked Seattle for a 1st, 7th and 3rd for the Durability issued/cry baby/ inconsistent Percy Harvin.
Was even funnier when they inked him to a deal that paid him like a top 5 WR.

So Seattle, how does it feel?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm not sure if he was wishing injury on someone, but I remember reading an article after the 2011 new CBA with the restrictions on offseason workouts, I think it was the FAT SOB that dug up research and called that this will most likely lead to more injuries due to lack of strength training and endurance with the coaches and staff.

He hasn't been wrong. Especially with the achillies and ACL injuries that seem to be more consistent.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
As a Minnesota Viking fan, my brother was laughing when they raked Seattle for a 1st, 7th and 3rd for the Durability issued/cry baby/ inconsistent Percy Harvin.
Was even funnier when they inked him to a deal that paid him like a top 5 WR.

So Seattle, how does it feel?
You're talking **** about the deal they gave Harvin after the deal the Bucs gave Goldson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
lol that has to be the worst example ever.

Gotta love the pro football section.
Right, because it's oh so different. You'll have to excuse me if I don't adhere to you of all people to decide when to bring the moral hammer down.

Maybe I should make a passive injury wish for the Raiders to keep it rolling here, but I just remembered Oakland doesn't have anybody important.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-28-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
You're talking **** about the deal they gave Harvin after the deal the Bucs gave Goldson?
5 yr 41m

vs

6 yr 67m + 1st and 3rd

The Bucs overpaid, but the Seahawks did more
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
5 yr 41m

vs

6 yr 67m + 1st and 3rd

The Bucs overpaid, but the Seahawks did more
Harvin brings the Seahawks closer to a title than Goldson does for the Bucs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
b_rent87
Rookie

b_rent87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well Denver loses their second center for the year
b_rent87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 years 67 million is not bad for a guy who, before this hip thing, had overblown injury concerns and is one of the elite playmakers in the entire nfl. don't forget he missed the end of last season with an ankle injury that didn't require surgery - largely speculated that it was actually because he went off on frazier
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Right, because it's oh so different. You'll have to excuse me if I don't adhere to you of all people to decide when to bring the moral hammer down.

Maybe I should make a passive injury wish for the Raiders to keep it rolling here, but I just remembered Oakland doesn't have anybody important.
Ahhh Ness...you so funny. Glad you can tell the difference between both scenarios buddy. There 's still hope for you yet buddy

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
b_rent87
Rookie

b_rent87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
6 years 67 million is not bad for a guy who, before this hip thing, had overblown injury concerns and is one of the elite playmakers in the entire nfl. don't forget he missed the end of last season with an ankle injury that didn't require surgery - largely speculated that it was actually because he went off on frazier
Well we have to look at it for what it is now, not before. Those injury concerns were not overblown. He missed games for migraines and missed a lot of last season and now will miss most of this season. Wasn't overblown before and definitely not now.
b_rent87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Ahhh Ness...you so funny. Glad you can tell the difference between both scenarios buddy. There 's still hope for you yet buddy
Oh you're quite funny as well. You gonna be here all week? Anyways, enjoy the upcoming "season" in Oakland. I know I'll definitely be laughing my ass off from start to finish.

Quote: