Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Not once have you EVER given credit to the depth of the team. Yet you continue to mock their injuries as insignificant.
Depth?

Look, by my count, the 49ers have about 12 FIRST round picks on the team, and EVERY SINGLE one is fine active playing. Healthy.
You don't think that's good fortune or luck, then you take a lot for granted in the sport of football. That's spoiled, or arrogant.MNaive or ignorant. You choose which.

First of all, that's a ton of talent to assemble that many 1st round studs. Kudos to the Niners Trent Balke for assembling talent like that via free agency and theft (Boldin).

But Nick Perry, Derek Sherrod, Bryan Bulaga also were talented 1st round picks. But because they've torn ACLs and broken legs, it hasn't turned out.

And that doesn't count studs like Gore, Novorro Bowman, Anquan Boldin, Ahmad Brooks who were not 1st round picks, but also happen to be healthy now entering the playoff season.

First Round picks on the Niners.

Vernon Davis 2006 (not on IR)
Patrick Willis 2007 (not on IR)
Joe Staley 2008 (not on IR)
Michael Crabtree 2009 (not on IR)
Anthony Davis 2010 (not on IR)
Mike Iupati 2010 (not on IR)
Aldon Smith 2011 (not on IR)
Eric Reid 2013 (not on IR)

Justin Smith 4th overall pick Bengals
Glenn Dorsey 5th overall pick Chiefs
Donte Hitner 8th overall pick Bills
Carlos Rogers 9th overall pick Redskins

Just admit this:
I whine about injuries because my team, for some reason, has suffered more than almost of not all, other teams the past 3-4 seasons, and YOUR team has been luck as hell that key players haven't broken legs, ACLs, hands, collar bones, necks like Rodgers, Matthews, Cobb, Finley, Bulaga, Perry, Sherrod, Collins.

I don't care what childish names you and the kiddoz shoot at me. Just admit the truth here and that's the Niners have been lucky as hell recently and the Packers snake-bit. THOSE injuries matter a lot towards a team's ultimate success. If you refuse to believe that, I sincerely hope you get a strong taste of what we've been tasting for the next 3 years. See how your depth looks then.

Geniuses praised Ted Thompson for all the Packer depth.
But once Rodgers went out, that depth was exposed.
On defense, once the safety glue Nick Collins career ended, that depth was exposed. The defense has holes left and right since.
Special players cannot be covered up by depth guys.

Ask the Colts when they lost Manning.
How different were the Redskins once RG3's knee popped out?

Here's the Niners complete injury list right now from cbsports, compare that to the Patriots, Broncos, Cowboys, or Packers. You don't think that makes a difference?

These guys for you on IR are NOT-key players. Amazing you think they are. They don't compare to all those 1st round talents, plus Kaepernick, Gore, Boldin, Brooks, Bowman, etc.

Thank your lucky stars.

49ers Injured Players
95 Carradine, Cornellius (IR) DE 6-4 273 2/18/1989 R Florida State
13 Carswell, Brandon (IR) WR 6-1 201 5/22/1989 1 USC
29 Culliver, Chris (IR) DB 6-0 199 8/17/1988 3 South Carolina
Debniak, Alex (IR) RB 6-2 240 1/5/1990 R Stanford
58 Fleming, Darius (IR) LB 6-2 255 7/19/1989 2 Notre Dame
49 Miller, Bruce (IR) FB 6-2 248 8/6/1987 3 Central Florida
78 Okoye, Lawrence (IR) DE 6-6 304 10/6/1991 R No College
93 Williams, Ian (IR) NT 6-1 305 8/31/1989 3 Notre Dame

I don't give a r@t's @ss here who doesn't like me.
But if anyone here doesn't admit that the Niners, ONCE AGAIN, have had a rabbit's foot up their @ss regarding injuries, then they are blind, ignorant, or na´ve.

Or there's a magic training formula that the Niners trainer should patent.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller and Ian Williams are notable. For a team that can struggle to throw the ball losing Miller is significant. Many teams don't use fullbacks but he is an intricate part of the offense.

The Packers have had some bad luck with injuries but coming on here ***** and moan about it is annoying. The 49ers have been pretty healthy we get it. Please stop.

49ers are just a much better team than the Packers. Just more talent top to bottom. Losing Nick Perry isn't like losing Aldon Smith. Bulaga and Sherrod are good but not as great as you are acting.

Nick Collins hasn't played for 2 year. It sucks how it ended for him but he shouldn't be involved at all in this conversation. He isn't part of the Packers or the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Miller and Ian Williams are notable. For a team that can struggle to throw the ball losing Miller is significant. Many teams don't use fullbacks but he is an intricate part of the offense.

NOTABLE yes. Nothing more than NOTABLE.

The Packers have had some bad luck with injuries but coming on here ***** and moan about it is annoying.
The 49ers have been pretty healthy we get it.

GOOD, you admitted that.
I don't care about being annoying.
As long as the kids on this site keep ignoring the truth, I will get more annoying.
Your admitting it, that's a good start though. I can tell more knowledgeable than most.

49ers are just a much better team than the Packers. Just more talent top to bottom. Losing Nick Perry isn't like losing Aldon Smith. Bulaga and Sherrod are good but not as great as you are acting.
Bulaga and Sherrod (our only 1st Rd OL talents) each missed 2 seasons. Sherrod got hurt his rookie season 2011 and hasn't made it back yet to the OL.
Bulaga lasted his rookie season, we won the Super Bowl with him.
The 2 years since he has ended up on IR both time.

If Sherrod and Bulaga had enjoyed the health of Davis and Staley, you'd be saying the reverse about them.
Same with Aldon Smith and Nick Perry.
Perry's rookie season last year ended with an IR in month 2.
This year, he's had a foot injury all year. He seems soft. But if Aldon had gotten the same injuries, he wouldn't be anything like he has been. Look at Von Miller now. Can't do much when you're on IR.

Nick Collins hasn't played for 2 year. It sucks how it ended for him.
It does really really suck.
Only the smartest of NFL fans knew how good he was.
You don't hit on picks like that too often. He was there with Ed Reed and Polamalu. Even in 2 drafts since, you can't match that.
I do blame our GM for not putting something better in his shoes, but you never can find anyone as good as he was, and he was in his early prime.
Much of my bitterness stems from his loss. Well, Sterling Sharpe too.
Who else here has lost 2 Pro Bowl talents to necks, in their mid-prime?

niel89 some + words.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Depth?
Yes, depth!!!

Staley and Iupati went down, team didn't miss a beat.

Aldon Smith was out 5 games and the #3 and #4 OLBs stepped up.

Patrick Willis missed time, Michael Wilhoite played a great game.

Ian Williams was lost in week 1 and his backup has played at a great level.

When Ray McDonald was banged up, Tony Jerod-Eddie played out of his mind.

Two starting CBs lost significant time, one a full season and Tramaine Brock and Eric Wright stepped in nicely.

So yes, that's 8 DEPTH players that played significant roles for injured starters.

And you mention Michael Crabtree like he didn't miss 3/4 of the season.

I'll give you that they are fortunate for rounding into health NOW, but that wasn't the case throughout the season.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your Packers players get hurt more because their fans wear MF cheese on their heads. This is obvious. Can we close the thread now?
Old 12-25-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

We haven't gotten to and thru the playoff yet mate.
We'll see what impact losing those 2 first-round marquee talents has.
It can't help, son.
so you admit that you don't have the faintest clue what your'e talking about, and you're literally just making it up as you go? brilliant.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so you admit that you don't have the faintest clue what your'e talking about, and you're literally just making it up as you go? brilliant.
Are you experimenting with synthetic drugs again son?

I said the exact effect not having Von Miller and Ryan Clady in the playoffs is yet to be determined, because you know, the playoffs haven't started and ended yet.

We'll see.
But if the Broncos fail, like last year, to get the Super Bowl, losing those 2 superstars WILL be part of the reason.

If that's so hard for you to comprehend, then seriously, put the bong down for a day in your life there. You're really falling down with your insults lately.

It's sad to see the deterioration.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Are you experimenting with synthetic drugs again son?

I said the exact effect not having Von Miller and Ryan Clady in the playoffs is yet to be determined, because you know, the playoffs haven't started and ended yet.
and you're still wrong. but hey, whatever lets you complain about injuries, i guess. unless they're injuries you don't like, like regular season injuries. which only count when you're bitching about injuries in the regular season.

you're literally the jordan taber of useless, ill-conceived injury threads.

Quote:
We'll see.
But if the Broncos fail, like last year, to get the Super Bowl, losing those 2 superstars WILL be part of the reason.
you know, or it'll be because rahim moore can't jump or our run defense sucks or our secondary can't play. just like all of our regular season losses so far. but i'm really glad you decided to pretend like you know anything about the broncos beyond what's on their injury report.

Quote:
If that's so hard for you to comprehend, then seriously, put the bong down for a day in your life there. You're really falling down with your insults lately.

It's sad to see the deterioration.
i haven't actually tried to insult you, so i'm not sure what you're talking about? but that was cute. you made a topical marijuana joke! you sure know denver.

though really, it would behoove you to not discuss teams other than the packers. you don't seem to know anything about any of them. and i'll leave it to the rest of the packers fans whether you know anything about the team you pretend to root for.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you know, or it'll be because rahim moore can't jump or our run defense sucks or our secondary can't play. just like all of our regular season losses so far. but i'm really glad you decided to pretend like you know anything about the broncos beyond what's on their injury report.

though really, it would behoove you to not discuss teams other than the packers. you don't seem to know anything about any of them. and i'll leave it to the rest of the packers fans whether you know anything about the team you pretend to root for.
Getting funnier, since you are the one who was still whining about your own team even when they were the best team in football this year.

And you must be right. If the Broncos lose, it won't have anything to do with missing their MVP on defense Von Miller, or their franchise LT Ryan Clady. Afterall, if they aren't the ones getting beat in the game or not making any plays, then it can't be their fault, so I guess no affect that they are out.

Good logic.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Death, taxes, and J-Mike posting about Packer injuriezzzz.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least you have good players to get injured.

Try being a ******* Browns fan.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Sherrod has been back on the Packers active roster as the backup OT he was always destined to be for weeks now. Complaining about him being hurt is once again incredibly irrelevant.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 12-26-2013 at 09:59 AM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't he like the third OL off the bench too
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
At least you have good players to get injured.

Try being a ******* Browns fan.
Good point.... but Brian Hoyer was rolling along!
Old 12-26-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Getting funnier, since you are the one who was still whining about your own team even when they were the best team in football this year.

And you must be right. If the Broncos lose, it won't have anything to do with missing their MVP on defense Von Miller, or their franchise LT Ryan Clady. Afterall, if they aren't the ones getting beat in the game or not making any plays, then it can't be their fault, so I guess no affect that they are out.

Good logic.
Von Miller has not been their MVP on defense this year. He's been invisible in half the games he's played, and only ok in the other ones. Losing him for the playoffs will not be the reason Denver loses if/when they lose. And obviously they would have preferred to have had Clady for this season, but the o-line has held up well enough without him, mostly due to Manning.

If they lose it will be because no one outside of DRC is playing at an even average level in the secondary this season, because the run defense has gone downhill over the last month or so, or because Manning does Manning things in the playoffs.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
And obviously they would have preferred to have had Clady for this season, but the o-line has held up well enough without him, mostly due to Manning.
chris clark has been fantastic in clady's relief. our best lineman at times.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Manningham placed on season-ending IR. Played in parts of 18 games in 2 seasons. Likely done as a 49er.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Mario Manningham placed on season-ending IR. Played in parts of 18 games in 2 seasons. Likely done as a 49er.
Beat me to it.
Your #3WR?
So you're down to your top 2 plus Quinton Patton whom I wanted in this draft.
Seattle is missing their top 2... I favor the Niners there.

BREAKING NEWS: #49ers have placed WR Mario Manningham (@Manningham49ers) on the Injured Reserve List. http://49rs.me/1fNEIwe
Old 12-27-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair the 49ers have had only 1 legit WR most of the year in Boldin. He also isn't that great but can make some great catches. Having Crabtree back is big but he still isn't all the way back yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

So as you know I am usually pissed off at San Fran for their amazing injury magic, but someone just told me Philly doesn't have any preferred starters on IR. None.

That can't be right can it?
Old 12-28-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So as you know I am usually pissed off at San Fran for their amazing injury magic, but someone just told me Philly doesn't have any preferred starters on IR. None.

It's correct. Since the season began Philly hasn't made one 53 man roster move.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile

Quote:

It's because they train and workout harder than they play. They lift on Saturday, and start practice on Tuesday, off on Friday. Instead of the practice starts on Wednesday and walk through Saturday.

Even their tc they are running a billion plays so they are in shape.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's correct. Since the season began Philly hasn't made one 53 man roster move.
Didn't they sign Brad Smith somewhat recently? But yea, Maclin is the only important starter they've had go down and that was preseason and Cooper has been more than adequate in his place.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Didn't they sign Brad Smith somewhat recently? But yea, Maclin is the only important starter they've had go down and that was preseason and Cooper has been more than adequate in his place.
Yeah looks like they did back in October. I got the 53 man thing from an article but still that looks like the only move. Pretty insane in this day and age.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
It's because they train and workout harder than they play. They lift on Saturday, and start practice on Tuesday, off on Friday. Instead of the practice starts on Wednesday and walk through Saturday.

Even their tc they are running a billion plays so they are in shape.
That's fine & dandy, being in shape is great.
But that's a fraction of it.
There's tons of luck involved.

Being in shape doesn't explain avoiding this kind of cheap-shot knee blasts:

Great block, effective & safe technique, how the game should be taught

Cheap block, should be illegal. Knees need to be protected whenever possible. Not just OL and QB knees.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-28-2013 at 11:06 AM.