Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver can't catch a break.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Denver can't catch a break.
Hey, all these injuries have given us a fantastic opportunity to evaluate a large number of players that will never be good enough to start in the NFL.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What in the world is going on in Camp Singletary?

Kentwan Balmer walks out on the team on Monday.

Glen Coffee retires from football on Friday.

What a way to lose a 1st and 3rd round pick

:(
Old 08-13-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coffee's story makes me laugh. I read that he quit after getting blown up on a blitz and got yelled at by the coach.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Coffee's story makes me laugh. I read that he quit after getting blown up on a blitz and got yelled at by the coach.
Well that's the picture some beat writers are painting. I doubt that "getting yelled at" was his reason. He got yelled at plenty last season as well.

So bizarre.

Last edited by phlysac : 08-13-2010 at 04:09 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If anything that might have been the straw that broke the camel's back

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If anything that might have been the straw that broke the camel's back
Probably. I can't imagine any football player, at any level, who's never been yelled at by a coach. Probably something more going on, but I think it's a little silly if he did indeed decide to retire after a scolding.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ty Warren is out for the year in New England per ESPN.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
That sucks....they already need a lot of young guys to step it up on defense to stay competative in that division, and now they'll need them all the more.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gerard Warren at DE for New England is not a good fit at all either. The guy has no place in a 3-4. They need Belichick magic for their DLine to be any good this year without Seymour and Warren at ends and only sub-par stopgap guys on the roster to fill in.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Ron Brace stepping up would be nice. I liked him coming out but from what I've read, he didn't look too good last year.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Gerard Warren at DE for New England is not a good fit at all either. The guy has no place in a 3-4. They need Belichick magic for their DLine to be any good this year without Seymour and Warren at ends and only sub-par stopgap guys on the roster to fill in.
Actually, Warren has been constantly praised by the coaching staff throughout training camp and did a really nice job from what I heard in the preseason game as well. He's the one I'm most excited about, and I think he'll play well this year. On the other side, it seems like it'll be Mike Wright as the starter with Damione Lewis rotating in. Wright is a solid player, but probably not meant to be a starter. Lewis will have to be able to produce a little bit. I'm not holding my breath for Ron Brace making an impact this year. Myron Pryor seems to be playing more nose tackle than anything.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably. I can't imagine any football player, at any level, who's never been yelled at by a coach. Probably something more going on, but I think it's a little silly if he did indeed decide to retire after a scolding.
If you don't love the type of work you do, than maybe it's not.

I know we all love football and would love to play sports professionally. But it's often forgotten that it's ultimately a job for these guys. Some people love their jobs, some hate their jobs, and the majority just grind it out for a paycheck. I can't imagine that the dynamic of the NFL is that much different. For all we know, many lose their passion to play as early as college, but they stick with it because they know it's their breadwinner (whether they go pro, or play in order to pay for a further education in another field).

I know that it's a game, and they should be incredibly grateful for getting paid a ton of money for it. But I have a lot of respect for a guy like Coffee, who can be honest with himself and know that he doesn't have what it takes to commit being a professional football player.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, ouch.
Maybe they can trade back with Oakland for Seymour, add some veteran leadership.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, Warren has been constantly praised by the coaching staff throughout training camp and did a really nice job from what I heard in the preseason game as well. He's the one I'm most excited about, and I think he'll play well this year. On the other side, it seems like it'll be Mike Wright as the starter with Damione Lewis rotating in. Wright is a solid player, but probably not meant to be a starter. Lewis will have to be able to produce a little bit. I'm not holding my breath for Ron Brace making an impact this year. Myron Pryor seems to be playing more nose tackle than anything.
well it's good for them if Warren works out with not much else at DE. He's been a gap-shooting 4-3 tackle his whole career and was shipped out of Cleveland when they moved to a 3-4 b/c of this despite having a bad DLine, and wasn't great in Oakland in any kind of 3 man front role. Lewis I think can be a decent rotational guy in any system.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Myron Pryor seems to be playing more nose tackle than anything.
I really liked Myron Pryor coming out last year.... has he done anything?
Old 08-14-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Buffalo is on the clock..... Jake Lockner.....

Quote:
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson will have more tests to determine the severity of a left hand injury that will force the starter to miss at least the remainder of the preseason.

Jackson's agent, Jerome Douglas, told The Associated Press by telephone on Saturday that it's too early to determine whether his client will require surgery on what he referred to as "a bone injury."

Douglas added that depending on what team doctors inform Jackson, it's likely the player will seek a second medical opinion.

"All the diagnostic tests have not been fully performed, but he's going to be out for a little bit," Douglas said, noting that Jackson is scheduled to meet with doctors Saturday.

Jackson was hurt in a 42-17 preseason loss at Washington on Friday night. Following the game, coach Chan Gailey didn't divulge the nature of the injury, and would only say that Jackson will miss Buffalo's final three preseason games.

"We hope to get him back for the first game," Gailey said, referring to Buffalo's regular-season opener against Miami on Sept. 12.

Jackson was hurt during a 7-yard run on Buffalo's second play from scrimmage while being pulled down by the facemask by safety Kareem Moore, who was penalized on the play. Jackson had been using his left hand to stiff-arm Moore, and then landed on the same hand as he fell to the turf.

Jackson did not return. A video on the Bills' website shows Jackson on the sideline wearing a cast on his left hand.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Jake Lockner
who is that? :D

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/21203384756
Quote:
I think RB Ben Tate, the second-round pick from Auburn, is done for the year because of a broken ankle. We'll find out Sunday. 36 minutes ago via web
http://twitter.com/TomKowalski36/statuses/21200902437
Quote:
Dizon believed to be out for the season ... waiting for confirmation
He was backing up MLB, not big news but pretty much locks up Caleb Campbell making the team.

Last edited by Scotty D : 08-14-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Losing Tate sucks for the Texans.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:47 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, losing Tate for the year freakin sucks. I wanted the Lions to get him and I was hoping he'd do good for the Texans.

As far as losing Dizon for the year.. Eh. I feel sorry for him, but I'd be more upset if we lost someone that actually should've been picked by us. Such a horrible, horrible pick.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fred Jackson out 4-6 weeks, Marshawn Lynch out 3-4 weeks
Old 08-15-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Torry Holt's season is over
Old 08-15-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Career too for Holt probably. Kinda sad.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on Colt McCoy? He left the Packers game with what looked like a right arm/shoulder/rist injury. Speculating, it looked like he hit his right hand on a helmet and maybe bruised or possibly broke his wrist.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote