Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It's be tough for me to go any direction other than Jolteon for my Eevee evolution. Unless I planned on making a push to get Zapdos asafp....I think electric is a hard type to survive long without, and Raichu just doesn't seem to do it for me late in the game...
I always saved a spot for Zapdos. He's probably the best E4 pokemon in the game since it can wreck Lorelei with Thunder, takeout Bruno's fighting types with Drill Peck, and then help take down Lance's Gyarados, Aerodactyle, and Dragonite.

Electric types are clutch with Thunder Wave though. That's why I like Starmie so much. It can learn T-Wave, T-Bolt, Confuse Ray, and Psychic...it's fast as hell too. I kind've use it as my electric and psychic type rather than water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Oh...well that's cool still. I'll pick them up, whenever I get a DS. They ever make a "larger" version? Seems like they could have struck gold, with this game just blown up a few sizes on a console.

And...what's the difference between a DS and a DSI? I never got into handheld gaming, so it's all pretty foreign to me.
FireRed and LeafGreen are Gameboy Advance games, so you don't need a DS for them. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver are all DS games though. You can pickup a used FR or LG at pretty much any Game Stop for about $15. The pokemon games are usually more expensive than other games, even after several years.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
If he ever beats me in the very first battle in Oak's lab, I start over lol.
Same. The only way it usually happens though is if he gets lucky with a critical hit or two. I just keep using tackle/scratch while he'll waste turns on growl/tail whip....

God I want to play now. Gotta finish my other gaming marathon first though......
Old 08-01-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I always saved a spot for Zapdos. He's probably the best E4 pokemon in the game since it can wreck Lorelei with Thunder, takeout Bruno's fighting types with Drill Peck, and then help take down Lance's Gyarados, Aerodactyle, and Dragonite.

Electric types are clutch with Thunder Wave though. That's why I like Starmie so much. It can learn T-Wave, T-Bolt, Confuse Ray, and Psychic...it's fast as hell too. I kind've use it as my electric and psychic type rather than water.
That is where you go wrong. You would be much better off with an electric type using those electric moves. Get a Raichu or Jolteon for t-wave and t-bolt and use Starmie for Surf and Psychic.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn man. I started one yesterday and I'm rolling into Cerulean, everyone I have is level 10 or more, with Charmeleon leading the way at 17. Then I run into that asshole Gary Oak and he raped my ****, everyone in his group was like level 15+. He even beat me in the beginning battle cuz he got lucky with a critical hit. I don't enjoy losing to Gary Oak.
I started a Blue version emulator and I just got cut and am about to start the third gym. I'm taking the approach of only training the pokemon I plan to use long term. So I've got a level 34 Wartortle and a level 22 Pidgeotto. I caught a Geodude that I leveled up a bit, but then I realized I can't get it to a Golem since I can't trade so I'm giving up on that.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is where you go wrong. You would be much better off with an electric type using those electric moves. Get a Raichu or Jolteon for t-wave and t-bolt and use Starmie for Surf and Psychic.
t wave is good for any pokemon... especially starmie if you can paralyze up your opponent and sweep with tbolt/blizzard/surf... nice special sweeper in rby.
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I started a Blue version emulator and I just got cut and am about to start the third gym. I'm taking the approach of only training the pokemon I plan to use long term. So I've got a level 34 Wartortle and a level 22 Pidgeotto. I caught a Geodude that I leveled up a bit, but then I realized I can't get it to a Golem since I can't trade so I'm giving up on that.
playing it with an emulator is nicer than playing on a real gameboy anyway cuz you always have a fast forward button making training easier

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Explain please
Old 08-01-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Explain please
most computer emulators have a button that when you press them the game will go at like 10x game speed, which makes training easier cuz you can speed up the walking around in grass part and ffwd the useless text bits part

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 08-01-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
t wave is good for any pokemon... especially starmie if you can paralyze up your opponent and sweep with tbolt/blizzard/surf... nice special sweeper in rby.
I agree with T-Wave, I don't agree with using Starmie as an electric Pokemon, he doesn't get the STAB. Blizzard doesn't get stab on him either, but ice moves are always nice to have for grass types for water pokemon.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with T-Wave, I don't agree with using Starmie as an electric Pokemon, he doesn't get the STAB. Blizzard doesn't get stab on him either, but ice moves are always nice to have for grass types for water pokemon.
starmie has nice versatility and good stats in the right categories in rby... if you give it just surf and psychic you're stalling out vs exeggutor, slowbro, other starmies, chansey...
Old 08-01-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
starmie has nice versatility and good stats in the right categories in rby... if you give it just surf and psychic you're stalling out vs exeggutor, slowbro, other starmies, chansey...
I did say T-Wave and Blizzard are good for it as well.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Already got 3 badges and a level 37 Blastoise! POKEMONZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

I usually go:

Zapdos
Dragonite
Articuno
Venusaur
Mew/Mewtwo
Nidoqueen

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 08-01-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

i like:
tauros
chansey
zapdos
articuno
golem
exeggutor
Old 08-01-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Parafusion Starmie is a well known setup. Paralyze the opponent with T-Wave, and then confuse them with Confuse Ray. If it gets past being paralyzed, it also has to get by it's confusion. Not to mention it's now going 2nd turn for the rest of the match barring a status healing move. And with Starmie's speed, it's Natural Cure ability, and having the move Recover at it's disposal if you so choose, it's a great supporter. It'll outspeed many other pokemon and get off T-Wave first. If the opponent also dishes out a status affliction, then Starmie can switch out and be healed of it because of Natural Cure. Being able to go 1st turn and use Recover allows it to switch in easily as well so it can support some more by spreading around the parafusion.

As for T-Bolt, I can agree with you there. That slot is interchangeable between Recover, Surf, Ice Beam, T-Bolt, Toxic, Rapid Spin, and countless other important moves that Starmie can learn. You could even option to not include T-Wave and use T-Bolt instead; dealing out damage while having the 10% chance to paralyze. Agreed about Psychic. It's is a mainstay because it's powerful, gets boosted off Starmie's 100 Sp. Attack, and gets STAB. Ice Beam or Surf should probably get priority over T-Bolt, but on my team, Lapras has those two down. I need either Starmie or Lapras to know T-Bolt, and I chose Starmie since Lapras's Sp. Attack is lower, it's speed is slower, and it can utilize physical attacks as well as STAB Ice Beam and Surf.

My Starmie's moveset is Psychic/Confuse Ray/Recover/T-Bolt. I need a move tutor to teach it T-Wave, and I don't know where he is... Anyway, I wasn't trying to say Starmie works as a better electric type than say Jolteon or any other good electric type. They get STAB on their attacks, so they're definitely stronger in that regard. I was just trying to show how versatile Starmie is and saying it's got the skill set to backup it's great movepool that includes the likes of T-Wave, T-Bolt, Psychic, etc.

That's all besides the point though. I didn't say I used Starmie as an electric type exclusively. I said psychic and electric more than water. Starmie's Water/Psychic, so it being used as a psychic pokemon shouldn't be an issue unless you're a fan of Alakazam (who I've already trained before and wanted a change). But I don't have a water attack on it, but it does have an electric attack. I got creative. So what? I have a Water/Ice pokemon in Lapras on my team as well, so there's no iminent need for Starmie to know Surf or Ice Beam. Besides, I have nothing to send out against water types, so sending out Starmie (who's resistant to water attacks) armed with T-Bolt was very appealing to me.

So in summary... LAY OFF MAH POKeMONZZZ PROCK!!! :P

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 08-01-2010 at 05:37 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Raichu is very very very good.
I recently took a look at Raichu today, and decided that a Jolteon over him is a better option. Their base HPs are very close, but Jolteon is a base speed of 130 vs Raichu's base 100 and and Jolteon has a higher base Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense. Unless you're using raichu for thunder punch, take the Jolteon!

edit: 2 pages behind on this

Ampharos is my favorite electric though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I recently took a look at Raichu today, and decided that a Jolteon over him is a better option. Their base HPs are very close, but Jolteon is a base speed of 130 vs Raichu's base 100 and and Jolteon has a higher base Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense. Unless you're using raichu for thunder punch, take the Jolteon!

edit: 2 pages behind on this

Ampharos is my favorite electric though.

I thought you'd use raichu more for surf
Old 08-01-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought you'd use raichu more for surf
Aren't you a clever one?

Raichu has a higher attack than Raichu, so physical attacks like thunder punch do more damage. Jolteon would still be your best option for surf...

Quote:
Old 08-01-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Aren't you a clever one?

Raichu has a higher attack than Raichu, so physical attacks like thunder punch do more damage. Jolteon would still be your best option for surf...
I'm not really familiar with anything beyond rby/gsc, so I'm not sure what you mean.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not really familiar with anything beyond rby/gsc, so I'm not sure what you mean.
Attack states relate to physical attacks like thunder punch, or body slam ect. attacks that would require some physicallity.

Special Attack stats relate to the other kind of attacks like flamethrower, thunderbolt, icebeam ect.

And neither can learn surf

Quote:
Old 08-01-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can buy a used game boy advanced for $40 or a used DS for $80 to play these down the road. I may spring for the DS.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Attack states relate to physical attacks like thunder punch, or body slam ect. attacks that would require some physicallity.

Special Attack stats relate to the other kind of attacks like flamethrower, thunderbolt, icebeam ect.

And neither can learn surf
thunderpunch was a special attack in rby/gsc; raichu could get surf through pokemon stadium if you beat all the elite four with a pikachu (which would learn surf) in your team or something... can't remember exactly

edit:Surfing Pikachu- If you beat Master Ball, Prime Cup, on Round 2, with Pikachu in
EVERY match, and without using a continue, you will be awarded with the Surfing Pikachu.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
thunderpunch was a special attack in rby/gsc; raichu could get surf through pokemon stadium if you beat all the elite four with a pikachu (which would learn surf) in your team or something... can't remember exactly
Ah I thought you were being sarcastic about the surf, hence me calling you clever.

And now they seperate attacks into physical and special, so thunderpunch is now related to the physical.

And I think there is only 1 kind of special pikachu that can learn surf, I am not sure how to get it.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I can buy a used game boy advanced for $40 or a used DS for $80 to play these down the road. I may spring for the DS.
Interesting side story...I got my DS free from an ex-girlfriend. I was willing to pay her for it but she just gave it to me. Worked out well eh?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ah I thought you were being sarcastic about the surf, hence me calling you clever.

And now they seperate attacks into physical and special, so thunderpunch is now related to the physical.

And I think there is only 1 kind of special pikachu that can learn surf, I am not sure how to get it.
Yeah no problem I just have no experience with the split up physical/special thing they're doing now.