Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-03-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I mean catching a magikarp, instead of paying for one.
There is an old rod you can get from a man in a house to the left of the Pokemon Center in Vermillion. That catches level 5 Magikarps. Gyarados is a ******* animal though, so Magikarp is worth th effort.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
There is an old rod you can get from a man in a house to the left of the Pokemon Center in Vermillion. That catches level 5 Magikarps. Gyarados is a ******* animal though, so Magikarp is worth th effort.
Having a Gyarados and a Nidoking that early makes you unstoppable....you can have whatever else you want, those two typically crush most things for a long while.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Having a Gyarados and a Nidoking that early makes you unstoppable....you can have whatever else you want, those two typically crush most things for a long while.
Yup, that will set you for awhile lol. If you get those two early, you can really focus on training whomever you want because those two can take down just about anything.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup, that will set you for awhile lol. If you get those two early, you can really focus on training whomever you want because those two can take down just about anything.
I'm missing that this playthrough, but I do have a beastly Kadabra with a Hasty nature. So fast and his Psybeam just absolutely wrecks ****. I one hit KOed Surge's Raichu with it. (And I was honestly a little afraid since my other pokemon at the time were mostly weak to electric.)
Old 08-03-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I'm missing that this playthrough, but I do have a beastly Kadabra with a Hasty nature. So fast and his Psybeam just absolutely wrecks ****. I one hit KOed Surge's Raichu with it. (And I was honestly a little afraid since my other pokemon at the time were mostly weak to electric.)
Kadabra is also a super powerful Pokemon early game. Not much stands up to his Psybeam for awhile.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd shell out the $500 for the Magikarp from the one guy. That way I could soft reset for an acceptable nature.

I'd usually just swap my Gyarados for a Lapras eventually. I was never really a big Gyarados fan, to be honest. I mean, the thing's good and is a ***** to fight unless you have an electric pokemon, but it never stayed on my team. Not even the shiny Red Gyarados.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'd shell out the $500 for the Magikarp from the one guy. That way I could soft reset for an acceptable nature.

I'd usually just swap my Gyarados for a Lapras eventually. I was never really a big Gyarados fan, to be honest. I mean, the thing's good and is a ***** to fight unless you have an electric pokemon, but it never stayed on my team. Not even the shiny Red Gyarados.
I will take the Gyarados over the Lapras, just stat-wise it is a better Pokemon. Yes, it has no chance against electric, but you shouldn't ever need it to beat an electric. If you are relying on your water Pokemon to beat electric types, your party has some issues, or you have a Quagsire or a Swampert. Lapras is nice because of his defense and the STAB he gets on ice type moves, but Gyarados has a monster attack with high speed.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will take the Gyarados over the Lapras, just stat-wise it is a better Pokemon. Yes, it has no chance against electric, but you shouldn't ever need it to beat an electric. If you are relying on your water Pokemon to beat electric types, your party has some issues, or you have a Quagsire or a Swampert. Lapras is nice because of his defense and the STAB he gets on ice type moves, but Gyarados has a monster attack with high speed.
Like I said, it's just a personal preference. Lapras is one of my favorite pokemon from 1st Gen, so I always picked it up in those games.

Never really said I had an issue with it's 4x weakness to electricity or that I'd need it to take on electric types though, so yeah...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like a dorky noob. I found his dad's gym and at first I was kicking his ass with my Blaziken at first. I used overheat on his first two pokemon and killed them with just one hit. Then he sent his 3rd and the name escapes me but he was owning me left and right with this one move. It was the move where it took like half of the pokemon's hit points but it ended up killing all 6 of my dudes one time with that move. How do I stop that *****?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Lapras over Gyrados anyday. Lapras has a super high special defense, and the ice moves in generation 1 are clutch for killing dragons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys with your strategies...I remember beating pokemon red with like one super high rated pokemon and a bunch of scrubs. And lots of potions. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You guys with your strategies...I remember beating pokemon red with like one super high rated pokemon and a bunch of scrubs. And lots of potions. haha.
Thats how I always beat the game, and then I read up on some stuff this summer and my mind was blown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whooped Gary Oak's ass after taking a couple of hours to level my scrubs up in the grass west of Cerulean City. Then got shitkicked by Misty. Back to the drawing board.

PS **** Staryu and Starmie's recover. I should have killed Staryu like 8 times, but he kept ******* recovering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whooped Gary Oak's ass after taking a couple of hours to level my scrubs up in the grass west of Cerulean City. Then got shitkicked by Misty. Back to the drawing board.

PS **** Staryu and Starmie's recover. I should have killed Staryu like 8 times, but he kept ******* recovering.
lol. I'm exactly at this part and just lost to her. My level 20 Mankey is a stud...but Charmeleon is useless here. And all my others suck.

I dont understand the order either...sometimes they go two times in a row...it pisses me off. I was about to win and Starmie, went out of order and just went two times in a row and killed me. I dont get that. And yeah, that self recover is a *****.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-04-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

A Butterfree with Stun Spore is a blessing vs. Misty. I don't think it matters who you start with, she might be the toughest gym battle in the game.

This time through, I got my Squirtle to 18 to learn Bite and then let him evolve. Beat Staryu with that, then had Butterfree paralyze Starmie before biting the **** out of it with Wartortle. Worked well.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

am I the only one who doesn't use non-attack moves? I might use sleep moves or stun moves, but I never use raise attack/defense etc. moves. I always be attackin

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
am I the only one who doesn't use non-attack moves? I might use sleep moves or stun moves, but I never use raise attack/defense etc. moves. I always be attackin
No one uses those worthless moves. I hope not at least.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've started to try and use some of the stat building moves, it does help.Swords dance Gallade/Scizor tears **** up.

Anyone try the smogon shoddy battle stuff?

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I've started to try and use some of the stat building moves, it does help.Swords dance Gallade/Scizor tears **** up.

Anyone try the smogon shoddy battle stuff?
I don't even know what that is. What is it?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't even know what that is. What is it?
Swords Dance "sharply raises attack", so when I use it with one of my attack EV trained guys it rocks.

Dragon Dance does similar, but raises speed as well.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Swords Dance "sharply raises attack", so when I use it with one of my attack EV trained guys it rocks.

Dragon Dance does similar, but raises speed as well.
Well obviously I know this **** lol, I was talking about the shoddy battles.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I attack only. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-04-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can I catch Abra? He just teleports. I tried putting him to sleep first, but he moves before my Oddish does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Well obviously I know this **** lol, I was talking about the shoddy battles.
hehehe sorry.

The Smogon.com has a online battle simulator where you build your team and can battle against people online. Its called shoddy battle

Quote:
Old 08-04-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OH SNAP! How did i not see this thread! My pokemonzzz love runs deep :)