Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-06-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I have a bunch of friends who make fun of me for it, and while they sit in the car being bored and I am playing Pokemon having fun, I laugh.
amen to that. None of my friends still play at all but we all used to play back in the day and when i talk about it they get jealous and want to play. I managed to convince a couple of my friends to get DS's and some of the newer games but they got about halfway through and went back to their MMOs :-(

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone I have convinced to get a DS is now currently 100% hooked on this game and play it more than I do.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yeah. Poison Pokemon are under-appreciated due to their weakness to the game's best type (Psychic), but also because there was a serious lack of good ones over the first 2 generations of the game. Gengar's half poison nature hurt more then helped, although it did make Toxic a legitimate move for a high level Gengar. Combin Toxic with his natural resistances and a healing move like Giga Drain, a high level Gengar can take on just about anyone.

But as far as poison pokemon go, in the first 2 generations, the best poison moves were typically designed for non-Poison pokemon. Guys like Snorlax, Chansey, and Shuckle could put Toxic or Sludge Bomb to better use then Weezing, Muk, or Arbok ever could.
I'm beginning to agree with you on poison being under appreciated. As pure poison types I think they are at a disadvantage (apart from Weezing bc he had levitate, so does Gengar). Two of my newer favorite half poisons are Crobat and Tentacruel. Both have high speed and are actually pretty decent.

Oh and I want to bring up this guy:

Usually I don't like Normal types, but Miltank is a beast. Definitely one of the hardest pokemon to beat in hg/ss. I'm thinking about naming mine Milbeast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Last edited by bearfan : 08-06-2010 at 12:00 PM.
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I take that back, I got my brother and my fiancee hooked on it, fiancee for the first time, brother for the second time.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crobat was definitely playable. Generally, I prefer poison moves on people who have alot of longevity in battle, and Crobat isnt one of them, but hes fast and has decent enough stats to make good use of his move selection. Also, he can learn Fly, which is a serious upgrade from Golbat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crobat was definitely playable. Generally, I prefer poison moves on people who have alot of longevity in battle, and Crobat isnt one of them, but hes fast and has decent enough stats to make good use of his move selection. Also, he can learn Fly, which is a serious upgrade from Golbat.
I just looked it up on Serebii, and was super suprised at what I found. Crobat out of all the poisons discussed had the 2nd highest base stat behind Muk. He has the 2nd highest defense behind Weezing and 3rd highest sp. defense behind Tentacruel (120) and Muk (100). Solid attack as well.

So if you bulked up your Crobat, he could last a while. Give him Roost and holding black sludge, maybe even longer.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its part of the reason Gengar is my favorite pokemon. Hes such a ***** to fight, and when I used to actually play against friends, he can just dominate. Poisoning people is awesome, and even if they use an item to heal, Gengar has great speed and giving him two attacks in a row is generally a very bad idea.
I think I had Gengar on my team in my original playthrough. I can remember 5 of them.

Charizard
Dugtrio
Raichu
Vaporeon
Pidgeot

And Gengar might have been #6. I remember liking him a lot back in the day. I know I didn't have Mewtwo as #6 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats also part of the reason Silver and Gold were so great. You could get a Gastly in like the second town at Level 6, and just raise a brutally punishing Gengar.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats also part of the reason Silver and Gold were so great. You could get a Gastly in like the second town at Level 6, and just raise a brutally punishing Gengar.
I hate how he needs to be traded to evolve. I play on an emulator right now, so trading isn't a possibility. I'd love to just trade and trade back with my Kadabra to get an Alakazam. Haven't gotten to get a Gastly quite yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so my emulator did in fact save, just not whenever you wanted - it saves like a normal game. I'm playing Leaf Green, and currently have Charmander, Mkaey, and Pikachu (also Weedle but I only got him to capture Pikachu since I killed Pikachu's with one hit with Mankey and Charmander). I'm avoiding having to get Pidgey or any bird. I also want to get Nidoran and Abra, and I don't think I want Gyarados for my Water Pokemon, I'll see what happens.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Get a Starmie. Those bastards are wicked.
Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya I was actually thinking of getting Staryu/Starmie. two psychic pokemon would be boss

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Anyone have a ROM for Gold or Silver? Im almost done FireRed and I want me some more Pokemon.

Its painful playing without Gengar on the emulator though. I have no one to trade with to make him evolve :(
Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I just looked it up on Serebii, and was super suprised at what I found. Crobat out of all the poisons discussed had the 2nd highest base stat behind Muk. He has the 2nd highest defense behind Weezing and 3rd highest sp. defense behind Tentacruel (120) and Muk (100). Solid attack as well.

So if you bulked up your Crobat, he could last a while. Give him Roost and holding black sludge, maybe even longer.
Crobat, if I am not mistaken, is also like the second fastest Pokemon in the game, only behind speed form Dyoxys. I think Aerodactyl is third... But either way, his speed is disgusting. A speed EV trained Crobat with Toxic Spikes, Double Team, Fly, and like Sludge Bomb or some poison move would be incredible.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

If I remember correctly, at least in the second generation it went Jolteon/Electrode/Aerodactyl and then Crobat.
Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Anyone have a ROM for Gold or Silver? Im almost done FireRed and I want me some more Pokemon.

Its painful playing without Gengar on the emulator though. I have no one to trade with to make him evolve :(
I have the real thing with a real Game Boy Color

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I do too, but its buried somewhere at my house. Not here at my apartment.
Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I have a rom for crystal that seems to be working well. If you want it.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

http://www.doperoms.com/roms/gameboy...ersion%20.html

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The games are great....I just hate how there isnt much variation in the stories/campaigns. I also didnt realize how long this game was...I'm almost 20 hours in. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i loved Crobat and he was always a staple on my Gold/Silver/Crystal games. On my current SoulSilver game I'm rocking Feraligatr, Heracross, Miltank, Sunflora, Skarmory, and Ampharos. Whenever I play, I always limit my team to whichever generation I'm currently playing so Gold/Silver are always hard because there are only 100 to pick from an many of them are gimp. I'm probably going to replace Ampharos because I use him everytime i play G/S (I'm also a big proponent of giving every pokemon some love and try to use different ones everytime) and Sunflora because he's gimp and offers little type coverage. Not sure who I'm going to use instead though as there is a severe deficiency in useful electric, fire, and grass types in Gen 2 (can't get houndoom until after E4). I would be using Donphan but of course Nintendo totally messed with my head and switched which game he is exclusive to (he's only in Silver for the GBC release and only in HG for the DS release...cause that makes sense)

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
See my original moveset that I wanted was Roost/Earthquake/SR/Taunt, but then I realized the main guy I will be battling with my team is a bud from college who I don't think uses much strategy and just is an offensive player.
Definitely Toxic then. Set up Stealth Rock, badly poison them, and then force the switch. Roost up when he switches.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SoulSilver will be arriving tomorrow, bring it on...can't wait for B&W
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Definitely Toxic then. Set up Stealth Rock, badly poison them, and then force the switch. Roost up when he switches.
Yep, thats what I have now.

I hope for BW they come out with newer original pokemon. I think from the last game all of the advances in some of the original pokemon were cool, but I hope they create some cool ones.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

:O cyndaquil evolved!

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.