Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Training Camp 2010

After that rough lull in between the draft and camp, we're finally here and I'm super pumped. Really getting my hopes up for this season like never before which is probably a bad thing.

Adam Jones is apparently getting things together, after hating that signing I'm in support of it now

Of course Gresham isn't signed, we've come to expect that however his slot seems pretty near set now... Granted, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Broncos get Thomas signed first.

Quote Shefter got off Palmer, gotta love it...

Quote:
"I don't know why we can't win the Super Bowl," Palmer said with conviction. "There's absolutely no reason we can't win every game on our schedule."
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson also not getting suspended:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Things look optimistic at this point.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Real good news about Benson not having to serve a suspension.

I really like the way Carson leads this team, but he's really got to step it up this year. I want to say that I think he will, but honestly at this point i'm going to have to see it to believe it. I know he was super clutch at the end of some (many) games last year, but I want to see him performing like that for the entirety of a game! I want to see some 300 (400) yard games damnit! Then again, if Benson can run like he did last year, we won't need big games from Carson.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:13 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm really excited about our team. Defense will be stout and probably better than last year with the additions/changes to this unit. Wouldn't be surprised if it is our D that everyone is talking about at the end of the year vs our O.

Offense is the buzz so far with the TO signing, our pass offense will get back into gear and combined with Benson's running game must result in more scoring. Expecting FO to sign Gresham soon which will be a positive. OL seems to be in shape.

Wild card is injuries of course. Plus Palmer having a rebound season. This is his year to put up some numbers. If so, this can be a very special team.

I'm pissed about Smith. Should of traded down and picked up Oher. This guy gets the world handed to him and it looks like he is pissing it away. Someone really screwed up on their due diligence, to blame it on the Alabama coaches is BS. Hate to point fingers but Alexander was one of his biggest supporters.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea lets throw the man under the bus because he's INJURED. I love how when this **** happens everyone always looks to use these as some sort of insult. Of course he has a conditioning issue, cuz his ******* foots broken!!!!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Gresham has signed and will be in camp tomorrow
Old 08-02-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really nice to see the first rounder signed without even a single preseason game played! lol... ugh....

Anyway.... Really looking forward to seeing how Coffman (hopefully) and Gresham are used in the preseason games. That's the one thing that I'm most excited about and interested to see.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Lewis has said Gresham comes in as the number 1 TE and will play this weekend in the HOF game. I was readin up on the camp notes and it looks like its been a pretty decent camp. Andre Smith coming into camp out of shape worries me a bit as it seems he didn't do any work on his own during the offseason. Now that hes in camp they are saying he is working his tail off and going the extra mile to get there. Hopefully he learns from his first offseason and this doesn't happen again.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill be in camp tomorrow and Friday.
One day I will be a 12 year old seeking autographs and the next a mature 22 year old snapping photos.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So happy we got Gresh done and I'm really excited to see him get some snaps this weekend.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-05-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Really curious about Simpson, been hearing mostly positive stuff about him. Makes you wonder if he will actually have the lights click on or not. Pumped for the game, a lot to watch even though the starters won't see much time.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted pics in the other thread.
Simpson looks good

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-08-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Read on CincyJungle about potentially using tomorrows game to judge between O'Sullivan and Palmer to only carry two QB's. I really like the idea. That way they can retain maybe another WR or CB. Lets face it, if two QB's got knocked out in the same game we'd be screwed anyway.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Read on CincyJungle about potentially using tomorrows game to judge between O'Sullivan and Palmer to only carry two QB's. I really like the idea. That way they can retain maybe another WR or CB. Lets face it, if two QB's got knocked out in the same game we'd be screwed anyway.
I really like the Idea.
I never saw the point in 3 aside from one being Palmer Lite.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-08-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson looks really light and shifty 2nite, doesn't look like he'll be a 1 year wonder. Adam Simpson looks great thus far, being your nickle behind the best CB duo is pretty awesome, if he keeps his play up he is gonna help you guys a ton.

I didn't see Gresham on the 1st drive, not sure if he started but I'll be watching out for him and Jerome Simpson the rest of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I agree with the 2 Qb thing. Should be done especially with all the talent we have a WR.

Didn't get to see much of the game except Geno dominating. DVR'd it so I'll catch it later n post some thoughts.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-08-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno is a manimal, people liked that pick from the get go and he showed why. He's gonna be a gamer. I also love Bernard Scott, and I think it'll be a mistake to use just Benson. Scott looks thicker, faster, and why not utilize both backs to give Benson 18-20 carries and short yardage, and Scott 10 carries as well as 3rd down and passing plays.

That keeps both guys fresh, defenses tired, and I think you have just got to put play-makers on the field and he certainly looks like one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Watched it at a friends but didn't get to really take it in. I dvr'd it so hopefully I'll catch some tomorrow. Pacman didn't look too bad given the conditions, certainly rusty but not lost.

I really want to watch Michael Johnson some more, seemed to be doing a good job. To see Atkins do that is VERY encouraging, I just love DL depth... Especially with how often they get injured and we need a boost in the event Peko can't play.

Gonna catch more tomorrow but these games can just be brutal sometimes, especially with our defense given how bland the play calls are.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I was actually kinda surprised by Pacman, he seemed to have pretty tight coverage from what I saw(not much btw). Some of those plays he could just do nothing to stop.

And I agree with what LL said, Scott is a special player. Yea, he might not ever be able to be a workhorse like Ced but he can be a deadly weapon for us if utilized properly. I feel he's more than a scatback though, and could be the #1 in the future if we can't keep Benson around.

More tomorrow...

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-09-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some Pluses and minuses for me

+ M. Johnson was great at LB and DE. He was the real steal of the draft last year and I am glad he performed well tonight. I just hope he keeps it up.

- backup QB's are terrible for us. Honestly I thought after I watched O' sully stink it up I wouldnt see a worse exhibition out of baby Palmer...I was wrong.

+ T.O. wasn't bad early on there. I think the defenses left him slightly more open to see what he would do and he showed him he would catch it.

- Oline looked terrible at times. Whether it was starters or backup I wasnt impressed.

+ Matt Jones and Adam Jones both didnt fair to badly.

- whoever kicked that XP (nugent or rayner) scared the heck out of me

+ Shipley, and thats all I need to say about him.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

IMO Geno stole the show.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-09-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
IMO Geno stole the show.
Geno def won himself a roster spot thats for sure. It will be interesting to see what happens with Matt Jones. He isn't the fastest man out their but he is such a big target I would love to have.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Geno def won himself a roster spot thats for sure. It will be interesting to see what happens with Matt Jones. He isn't the fastest man out their but he is such a big target I would love to have.
Ironic because he did run that insane sub 4.4 at the combine. He is a lot faster than he looks and he's so big he can shield off defenders. Keep him on the straight and narrow and he makes a great 3rd or 4th receiver.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Yea he's pretty god damn fast especially for how big he is. He's a long strider though and doesn't look really fast because of it.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-14-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm looking to see our offense to do much more tmw than last week. Gresham should get more looks and hopefully our line gives Carson the time he needs. Dunlap will be playing a lot so I will be keying in on him to see how he handles everything. He is really fast off the line, Atkins and him might have some fun tmw.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote