Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scpanther22 View Post
Now Sutton is tearing it up with the panthers.lol
Well he's behind the best 1-2 punch RB's in the NFL. The BEST.
Did Tyrell get any carries last year? How did he look?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Okay, heres an idea.
What we know:

-Most people hate how long the preseason is.
-18 games is too much for the regular season when factoring in fatigure, quality of play, meaningless games with brutal teams and clinched teams, and
injuries.
-The NFL wants to find a way to expand revenues.
-The biggest moneymaker is the TV revenue, not in stadium profits.

So, is this a viable solution?
Go 3 preseason games, expand the regular season by one week and give every team 2 byes.
That means we'd need a total of 64 byes given out through 18 weeks.
You could split that up into 11 weeks, (6 teams 10 weeks, 4 teams 1 week), say weeks 4 through 14, with everyone playing weeks 1,2,3,15,16,17,18.

We add a week of TV revenue.
We cut the presason down.
We maintain the 16 game schedule.
And, BONUS, we give the players an extra bit of rest in the season.
Love this idea. Know what else they could do? Add more teams to the playoffs. Add anywhere between 2-4 teams to the playoff race for each conference.

The case could be made for either 2 or 3 preseason games for evaluation purposes and I can agree with either side. Adding another bye week is critical, imo, especially with the injuries and concussion issues. Adding another week for the playoffs would be something everyone would enjoy. It also makes it more competitive.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Love this idea. Know what else they could do? Add more teams to the playoffs. Add anywhere between 2-4 teams to the playoff race for each conference.

The case could be made for either 2 or 3 preseason games for evaluation purposes and I can agree with either side. Adding another bye week is critical, imo, especially with the injuries and concussion issues. Adding another week for the playoffs would be something everyone would enjoy. It also makes it more competitive.
Glad you like the idea.
I get the NFL wants to add more weeks. I get that the preseason is too long,
I dont understand why this isnt talked about.
Adding a regular season week, subtracting a preseason week, but not adding games makes so much sense to me.
You add revenue, get rid of crap games, and give players more rest.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a great idea, and the players association will demand another bye if they are to concede to any stretching of the season/games.

One issue I find though, is that each game (preseason even) generates roughly $4-5 million in ticket sales alone (suites included), plus concessions and memorabilia, etc. so I don't see owners throwing one of these away every year.

I love the idea though Mr.Regular but it says I've given out to much +rep the past 24 hours! If it's the thought that counts, take 1000 points for that detailes improvement.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That's a great idea, and the players association will demand another bye if they are to concede to any stretching of the season/games.

One issue I find though, is that each game (preseason even) generates roughly $4-5 million in ticket sales alone (suites included), plus concessions and memorabilia, etc. so I don't see owners throwing one of these away every year.

I love the idea though Mr.Regular but it says I've given out to much +rep the past 24 hours! If it's the thought that counts, take 1000 points for that detailes improvement.
haha no worries on the rep.
With 3 preseason games, youd only miss out on one preseason game every 2 years since youd be getting 2 home games half the time still.
Plus the split TV revenue from an added week would more than make up for it I believe.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like preseason because you get to see the little known guys who would never play, play. And yeah, many good guys get cut because of room.

You guys have obviously not heard of the legend of Isaac Redman.

He is a god. The end.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post

I don't like the expand post season idea....I think the NFL has a happy medium when it comes to the playoffs. Just the right amount of teams make it in compared to the NBA where it seems like barely .500 (or worse) teams slip in every year, over half the league, and the overly restrictive MLB with only 4 teams.

And I do have to agree with the point that we are the exception. I like the preseason too, but this board has a lot of hardcore fans and we all love to see the no namers we followed all through the draft hit the field, even if it doesn't count. But 90% of fans hate meaningless football and watching scrubs play.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watching a team go 1-17 or 2-16 is hardly going to make the league more money.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
scpanther22
Rookie

scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Well he's behind the best 1-2 punch RB's in the NFL. The BEST.
Did Tyrell get any carries last year? How did he look?
He did.looked fast

He even started one game at FB when Hoover was out.
scpanther22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Piss off Goodell. I like the preseason...and some of these later round or undrafted guys need all the time they can get to make an impression.

Dallas has a bunch of these guys playing key roles on the team right now...if preseason was cut years ago, we may not have some of our best players today.

Tony Romo: undrafted
Miles Austin: undrafted
Patrick Crayton: 7th round
Sam Hurd: undrafted
Kevin Ogletree: undrafted
Jay Ratliff: 7th round
Stephen Bowen: undrafted
Alan Ball: 7th round
Mat Mcbriar: undrafted

That's only 5 starters...4 of which are pro bowlers. They all earned their way on, cutting preseason down is asinine.
To the contrary, an 18 game season would mean that you get to see MORE of these guys. Rosters would have to be expanded, and you'll see a lot of guys you don't see now because there will be a lot more substitutions and rotations.

He's right in that I hate the preseason and would like more real games. He left out that I hate him and what he did to the draft, though.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
To the contrary, an 18 game season would mean that you get to see MORE of these guys. Rosters would have to be expanded.
Yeah but they would never see the field. In preseason they are getting a lot of reps and showing what kind of an impact they could make.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Yeah but they would never see the field. In preseason they are getting a lot of reps and showing what kind of an impact they could make.
They would see the field a lot. The rosters would be expanded because they would be needed, not just because. These guys would see more playing time than they do now because rotations would be necessary at almost every position.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why can't Roger Goodell just leave things alone... he had to go tweak the draft and made it worse. He's trying to tweak the season, which will make it worse.

Just leave **** alone.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They would see the field a lot. The rosters would be expanded because they would be needed, not just because. These guys would see more playing time than they do now because rotations would be necessary at almost every position.
A teams 5th and 6th and maybe even 7th WR are still not going to get many snaps if they extend the season unless there are injuries. And even that's kind of questionable considering they will most likely just be moving up a slot on the depth chart.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Why can't Roger Goodell just leave things alone... he had to go tweak the draft and made it worse. He's trying to tweak the season, which will make it worse.

Just leave **** alone.
How was the draft worse? I thought it was more interesting because the period between the 1st and 2nd rounds usually doesn't have much interest. Now, teams had an entire night to try to get deals done for players and fans had the entire night to speculate on who would be drafted at the top of round 2 as well as first round snubs.

I don't think it was a great improvement, but I imagine it was a huge money boost for the NFL.

edit: The NFL NEEDS pre-season, whether the fans want it or not.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
How was the draft worse? I thought it was more interesting because the period between the 1st and 2nd rounds usually doesn't have much interest. Now, teams had an entire night to try to get deals done for players and fans had the entire night to speculate on who would be drafted at the top of round 2 as well as first round snubs.

I don't think it was a great improvement, but I imagine it was a huge money boost for the NFL.
It's all about tradition. All of us draftniks liked getting up on Saturday and watching hours and hours of the draft.

And yes, it was a huge money boost for the NFL. That's why they did it.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

edit: The NFL NEEDS pre-season, whether the fans want it or not.
Thursday night competing against other TV as well as sports like NBA playoff games is fricking ********. And if I'm a team like Carolina last year, why even watch the 1st round since I don't have a pick.

It takes too damn long. And I don't know about you, but many people like together on a saturday/sunday to watch the draft, eat, drink, etc.

And for all the talk about deals getting done at the top of round 2, no deals were done. None.

The 2 day format was golden... it's Christmas in April. Goodell seems desperate to make it freaking Hannukah. Let's just have 1 round every day for a week. It's just idiotic.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodell's an ass. I'm getting really sick of him and his changing of all these different components. I like preseason games but I wouldn't mind if they went to 3 games. Getting rid of 2 preseason games and adding 2 regular season games is asinine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How do you figure? They wouldnt see the field at all. The playing time wont be any different. These are two extra real games...the starters will play 17 or 18 weeks on every team, depending on their playoff status.

And seeing these guys in practice, could only help you so much. Preseason actually gives you a chance to see the lesser names in some kind of action. 2 regular season games isnt helping them any. They're not going to play. On the contrary to that...we're going to see statistical records being broken from the players that are starting.

The rosters would need to be expanded for precautionary injury concern, and it's more about the game day roster being expanded. Nothing has been agreed to...but they may just increase game day roster size in the end. And that's only for injury purposes. So unless someone gets hurt...these unproven guys still arent playing. If they're even given the opportunity to be on the team via an expanded roster.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-06-2010 at 08:02 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they really did do this they would have to get rid of IR and make a system more similar to MLB. They would need a 4 game DL, 8 game DL, 12 game DL or something like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If they really did do this they would have to get rid of IR and make a system more similar to MLB. They would need a 4 game DL, 8 game DL, 12 game DL or something like that.
IR is a looooong overdue to be eradicated system from days long ago before the salary cap...I agree there.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should also work on tackling in TC, if the want to improve the competitiveness of the game.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
They should also work on tackling in TC, if the want to improve the competitiveness of the game.
These players should already know how to tackle. Their Pop Warner and HS coaches must be failing there.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
IR is a looooong overdue to be eradicated system from days long ago before the salary cap...I agree there.
Yeah the system needs to go anyway as soon as possible. Case in point is Elvis Dumervil right now. He might miss 10 games but they could use him the 2nd half. The Broncos now have to decide whether it's worth it to waste a roster spot on him for all that time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. The DL makes sense in baseball because the rosters are tiny and a huge portion of those 25 players may see the field in the course of a game. Football teams still have ridiculous amounts of space on that roster. If the Broncos desperately need Dumervil's roster spot then putting him on IR (considering that he'll be back, at best, by mid-December) isn't all that big a deal.