Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah the system needs to go anyway as soon as possible. Case in point is Elvis Dumervil right now. He might miss 10 games but they could use him the 2nd half. The Broncos now have to decide whether it's worth it to waste a roster spot on him for all that time.
And then if they do stick him on IR, he gets healthy and could help the team late in the year if they somehow manage to stay competative, but because of IR...nope.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or Denver could just make the decision to role with a 52-man roster.

Hell, they only get to bring 45 guys into each game anyway. So keeping Dumervil off the DL basically trims their inactive player list from 8 to 7. That's not a big deal at all.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
And then if they do stick him on IR, he gets healthy and could help the team late in the year if they somehow manage to stay competative, but because of IR...nope.
Exactly.
The softball players in MLB have 15-day DLs, 21-day, 60-day, etc. but the brutal NFL only has an IR or nothing?
This killed the Packers last year at CB when they put Pat Lee on IR, not planning on both Al Harris and Brandon Underwood to also go down.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Or Denver could just make the decision to role with a 52-man roster.

Hell, they only get to bring 45 guys into each game anyway. So keeping Dumervil off the DL basically trims their inactive player list from 8 to 7. That's not a big deal at all.
You've confused me with your last 2 posts. If the Broncos place Dumervil on IR then he is out for the year. He won't be able to return at all until the 2011 season.

On edit: That is a big deal. In the NFL managing injuries is a big part of the season. You rotate guys in and out so depth is very important. Taking one spit away from your roster can have big implications across the whole team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 72 Dolphins would be all for this, I would not but then again I don't like change, and a ton of signal season records would get broke but it wouldn't mean as much sense they had more games to do it.

I know they didn't always play 16 games but still it would be weak in my book.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You've confused me with your last 2 posts. If the Broncos place Dumervil on IR then he is out for the year. He won't be able to return at all until the 2011 season.

On edit: That is a big deal. In the NFL managing injuries is a big part of the season. You rotate guys in and out so depth is very important. Taking one spit away from your roster can have big implications across the whole team.
I understand. I'm saying that, first off, that a DL system is vital for baseball rosters to work at all. That simply isn't the case for football. Fielding 24 starters (including punter and kicker) with a 53-man roster is cake compared to what baseball teams deal with.

Furthermore, teams only get to bring 45 guys (plus one emergency guy) into each game anyway. All not placing Dumervil on the IR means for them is that one guy who probably wouldn't make the active roster anyway won't have a spot on the team. That's not nearly as egregious as you people are saying.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fans have made it clear, they don't like Roger Goodell.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
The casual rich guy who buys tickets so he can be seen at a social event, not us guys that download torrents and find ways to pirate Sunday ticket so we can watch as many games as possible.
You can pirate sunday ticket?

i don't like the price of NFL sunday Ticket is Goodell gonna lower it?

Last edited by Complex : 08-06-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
How was the draft worse? I thought it was more interesting because the period between the 1st and 2nd rounds usually doesn't have much interest. Now, teams had an entire night to try to get deals done for players and fans had the entire night to speculate on who would be drafted at the top of round 2 as well as first round snubs.

I don't think it was a great improvement, but I imagine it was a huge money boost for the NFL.

edit: The NFL NEEDS pre-season, whether the fans want it or not.
I think I am the only that liked the 15minutes between picks so to me he made it worst.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
while it's not allowed to be discussed in detail on this site, there are several streaming sites which upload games.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I am the only that liked the 15minutes between picks so to me he made it worst.
I think that was one of the few things you could argue that made it worse. There is just too much dead time for fans. But you could argue that it's like the pre-season, a necessary evil.

Quote:

i don't like the price of NFL sunday Ticket is Goodell gonna lower it?
You can pirate everything.

I don't know how much the NFL controls the price of the Sunday Ticket package, but due to the popularity of the NFL, I only see it going up.

You can watch game replays the next day for 50 per year (7 times cheaper). Just avoid a TV on Sunday and Monday.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Okay, heres an idea.
What we know:

-Most people hate how long the preseason is.
-18 games is too much for the regular season when factoring in fatigure, quality of play, meaningless games with brutal teams and clinched teams, and
injuries.
-The NFL wants to find a way to expand revenues.
-The biggest moneymaker is the TV revenue, not in stadium profits.

So, is this a viable solution?
Go 3 preseason games, expand the regular season by one week and give every team 2 byes.
That means we'd need a total of 64 byes given out through 18 weeks.
You could split that up into 11 weeks, (6 teams 10 weeks, 4 teams 1 week), say weeks 4 through 14, with everyone playing weeks 1,2,3,15,16,17,18.

We add a week of TV revenue.
We cut the presason down.
We maintain the 16 game schedule.
And, BONUS, we give the players an extra bit of rest in the season.
The fans have spoken they want Mr.Regular as commissioner. But one flaw how do you schedule the last game? I mean 18 games would have a set way to do scheduling like 16 games have one. What would you do with the 17th game? Maybe opposite of draft order like 1st pick plays 32nd pick which would make teams play games later in the season to get an easier game at the end of the next year?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Exactly.
The softball players in MLB have 15-day DLs, 21-day, 60-day, etc. but the brutal NFL only has an IR or nothing?
This killed the Packers last year at CB when they put Pat Lee on IR, not planning on both Al Harris and Brandon Underwood to also go down.

The NFL's IR used to be different. Before 1993, if you put a guy on IR after the final roster was set, he only had to sit for 4 games. They changed it because teams were using that to stash players on the roster that weren't legitimately hurt. It was actually the owners that pushed for the change.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why people hate Goodell. He has been a huge force for good, progressive change in the NFL. He has made the draft more successful, the pro-bowl more successful, the sport more international, and he has cracked down on the off-the-field offenders. Now he plans to take away two meaningless games. Games that still get charged to the season ticket holders at full price. Games that the players do not get payed as well. It is better for players, fans, the league. The only thing it hurts is any current record holders, because every record in the book would be shattered.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

People hate Goodell because he's disrupted the consistency the NFL enjoyed under Tags (while still growing at a meteoric rate).

I'm pretty ambivelent to Goodell, but let's not try and overestimate his effect as a response to the hate in this thread. He hasn't made the draft more successful, he just recognized a way to re-organize the presentation. Same thing with the Pro Bowl. Most people don't like the international push, although it's quite honestly my favorite move.

What's always bugged me is the case-by-case basis with his off-the-field incident crackdowns. There's almost no consistency and there's a hyper focus on perception rather than actuality. It annoys me.

The truth is that you'd have to be a gargantuan idiot to be a bad enough commisioner of the NFL to actually hurt it in any real way. Goodell isn't an idiot, but he's probably far too much of a businessman for some people.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
The fans have spoken they want Mr.Regular as commissioner. But one flaw how do you schedule the last game? I mean 18 games would have a set way to do scheduling like 16 games have one. What would you do with the 17th game? Maybe opposite of draft order like 1st pick plays 32nd pick which would make teams play games later in the season to get an easier game at the end of the next year?
I've read a suggestion to that is to have each team play a neutral field game. 8 home, 8 away, 1 neutral field for 17 games.

Maybe that one game is played internationaly.....Canada, Mexico, England at first, then branch out. China maybe? Or if not internationally, then get some use out of bigger college stadiums or something. I think it'd be neat to see the Steelers play the Eagles at Beaver Stadium one year. 100,000 plus ready to tear each other apart?

I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to do it successfully too.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I don't know why people hate Goodell. He has been a huge force for good, progressive change in the NFL. He has made the draft more successful, the pro-bowl more successful, the sport more international, and he has cracked down on the off-the-field offenders. Now he plans to take away two meaningless games. Games that still get charged to the season ticket holders at full price. Games that the players do not get payed as well. It is better for players, fans, the league. The only thing it hurts is any current record holders, because every record in the book would be shattered.
That's a stupid thing to say. NFL players are payed a salary, and a hefty one at that. Preseason is part of it. It's not like they're working for free in the preseason. It's part of the contract they agreed to when they accepted $10 million a year.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
That's a stupid thing to say. NFL players are payed a salary, and a hefty one at that. Preseason is part of it. It's not like they're working for free in the preseason. It's part of the contract they agreed to when they accepted $10 million a year.
So you think that if the season expanded to 18 games, the players wouldn't have a claim to get 2 games worth of game checks added onto their contract?
Old 08-07-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
So you think that if the season expanded to 18 games, the players wouldn't have a claim to get 2 games worth of game checks added onto their contract?
I think that's quite a bit different. When they signed the current contracts they were well aware that four preseason games were part of it. It's not like they signed just for 16 days a year. The practices, preseason, and everything else is part of the deal, and that was all established before they agreed to a contract. Going to 18 games is making drastic changes to the deal that the player didn't necessarily agree with and could justify renegotiating the contract.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

I was just curious about your stance. I actually agree with the points you made.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I love pre-season games, but I'm sure we're all bias on the matter as most of us enjoy the draft, thus making pre-season far more interesting and entertaining for us.

For the vast majority of people, I'm sure they hate pre-season or don't care about it. Especially as someone mentioned previously the people whom are forced to pay for the tickets.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Love this idea. Know what else they could do? Add more teams to the playoffs. Add anywhere between 2-4 teams to the playoff race for each conference.

The case could be made for either 2 or 3 preseason games for evaluation purposes and I can agree with either side. Adding another bye week is critical, imo, especially with the injuries and concussion issues. Adding another week for the playoffs would be something everyone would enjoy. It also makes it more competitive.
I think adding more teams to the playoffs is the worst idea possible.

But anyway, I hate hate hate the idea of a 18 game regular season.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:49 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think one thing Goodell should change is himself to stop changing ****.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:50 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Thanks, Id gladly step into the commissioners role.
I was a fan of Goodell at first, but the tinkering is getting to be way too much.

My idea though does not have a 17th game.
We subtract one preseason week, and add a regular season week. But not a 17th game, a second bye.
That way the NFL gets 18 weeks of tv revenue instead of 17, the players get extra rest, the pre season is shortened, and we keep the very good 16 game schedule.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote