Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ninja edited you dude, sorry.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Yea it will ruin the records but its not like they'll be blow out of the water.
I think they will. 2,000 yards will be easier to attain. So will 5,000 yards with the way the NFL is trending towards passing the football.

It's too bad that the "fans" Goodell is referencing are the ones that really don't know jack **** about football, and are just casual observers.

Why is Goodell such a dumbass. Why.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I think they will. 2,000 yards will be easier to attain. So will 5,000 yards with the way the NFL is trending towards passing the football.

It's too bad that the "fans" Goodell is referencing are the ones that really don't know jack **** about football, and are just casual observers.

Why is Goodell such a dumbass. Why.
He's not. Fans that don't know jack **** about football comprise an overwhelming majority of the revenue pool.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to think that I know more than "jack ****" about football and am much more than a casual observer, and I hate the preseason. Do I think that two extra regular season games are necessary? Not really, but I'm definitely in favor of dropping a preseason game or two. Ideally, I'd like to see 16 regular season games and two or three preseason games but I'd take 18 regular season games over four or five preseason games easily.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'd like to think that I know more than "jack ****" about football and am much more than a casual observer, and I hate the preseason. Do I think that two extra regular season games are necessary? Not really, but I'm definitely in favor of dropping a preseason game or two. Ideally, I'd like to see 16 regular season games and two or three preseason games but I'd take 18 regular season games over four or five preseason games easily.
I'm with you on that.

Which means some portion of the miniscule percentage of fans who do, in fact, know more than jack **** about football don't give a rat's ass about preseason. Thus making the pool of people Goodell is referencing even larger.

:)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preseason isn't about the fans. It's about talent evaluation.

And enough players get injured in the preseason as it is, never mind if it was two extra weeks of real football. It's going to get to the point where every team is starting their second unit come playoffs because no one is left.

Rushing records will stay similar per year, because you don't want to give your running back too many more carries per year than what they are getting, or they will fall apart even fast. Passing and receiving records per year are done. Probably career ones will start taking a hit in 6-7 years.

I hate the move to 18. Because 5-6 years from now if Goodell is still here, I wouldn't be surprised to see him push for 20. And casual fans would eat it up. Ugh.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything that leads to more football is a good thing in my books. I would kill for a chance to play an NFL snap and get injured so I really don't buy there will be more injuries as a good argument but thats just me. I also really don't give a **** about records.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the pre-season that much. It's cool to see players that you wouldn't normally see on sundays. But I do understand why casual fans don't like it.