Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 01-03-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default #3 Pick Discussion Thread

I know new threads are usually banned, but this pick could easily shape our future for the next few years. So lets discuss this critical decision......a lot of money is going to be coming the way of whomever has their name called, so they best be pretty damned good. Who are our potential targets? Who will bust? Who should we select?

Have at it!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who ever we draft will bust so it doesn't matter.

really idk who it is as long as they become a great player.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Possibilities with our first pick...

Franchise QB - Luck, Newton, Locker, Gabbert, and Mallett.
Offensive Tackles - None worthy.
Tight End - None worthy.

Defensive Line - Fairley, Bowers, Quinn, Dareus.
Linebacker - No ILB worthy. Quinn as a OLB possibly (Merriman here for at least another year decreases this option IMO), other than that...
Cornerback - Peterson, Amukamara.

A.J. Green is a distant possibility, but I cant see a WR being drafted this year.

Luck is the surest thing at QB, Fairley along the Dline, A.J. Green at WR, and both corners. Bowers is not on my bust list either. Other than that, Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Mallett, Dareus and Quinn are all potential busts IMO. I think it'll be Luck, Fairley, or Peterson if they go BPA. I could see them taking Newton, or Bowers too.
Luck, Fairely, Peterson, Bowers or Newton seem to be the likely options at this point to me...

Deion Sanders
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't go QB at #3, who is the most likely pick at this point if you had to pick just one or two options?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have this feeling that the pick is going to be Cam Newton. The Bills need someone to sell tickets.
papageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
If you don't go QB at #3, who is the most likely pick at this point if you had to pick just one or two options?
Honestly, I think they go BPA, which all depends if Luck comes out and what direction denver goes in. Luck goes 1, Denver needs DL badly, and I could see corner being the pick too. IMO right now, Luck 1, Fairley or Peterson 2, we take the other 3. I think Bowers and Green could come into play, but Bowers I think will be rated behind Fairley and Peterson, and unless the Bills move Evans, Green would be a purely luxury pick. Peterson cuts the field in half in pass coverage, and IMO is a once in a generation type corner, safety size, corner skill... Luck declaring and Denvers new coach and GM will have a impact IMO, on the Bills draft. So I would say Fairley and Peterson would be the next two options if they do not go QB, IMO right now to answer your Q.
I see Denver grabbing Fairley and us going Peterson at this point talent wise.

Deion Sanders
Old 01-06-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by papageorgio View Post
I have this feeling that the pick is going to be Cam Newton. The Bills need someone to sell tickets.
That is a good point, and a good feeling... I hope they take a franchise player regardless...

Deion Sanders
Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course this is the 1st year in i dont know how long that there isnt a top notch OT to be taken worthy of the top 3 picks...last few years there has been 2 or more...

I'm down with Cam Newton, Bowers, or AJ Green (the kid is just such a playmaker)

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:27 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Of course this is the 1st year in i dont know how long that there isnt a top notch OT to be taken worthy of the top 3 picks...last few years there has been 2 or more...

I'm down with Cam Newton, Bowers, or AJ Green (the kid is just such a playmaker)
It's true.

That's just bad luck...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:59 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want Newton, and honestly don't see a way in which he's not the BPA when we pick. i think he would flourish in Gailey's offense, Fitz's play would allow him to sit, he'd sell tickets, and he'd put a national spot light on Buffalo, which would help this franchise. Newton has a chance to be a star/face of the league, like Manning, Vick, Peterson, etc, especially after his college career, if he does well.

i don't feel that Fitz is a franchise QB, i think he is average, and much better than what we have had. i feel that we won't be picking this high again for a while, i see us in the 8-14 range in the coming years, so we need to take a QB now in such a good draft, and develop him with the team, so everyone is ready around the same time. i think if we focus on defense after the first round, mix in an OT somewhere, and we'll improve greatly.

i think i would lose faith in the front office is their plan was to move forward with Fitz for the next 5-8 years. we all know he will start at least next year. i know we will be taking a QB this year, i just hope it's at #3 and i hope it's Newton. we very well could have our choice of QB, none may be taken by #3. sorry for the rant.

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:00 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
i want Newton, and honestly don't see a way in which he's not the BPA when we pick. i think he would flourish in Gailey's offense, Fitz's play would allow him to sit, he'd sell tickets, and he'd put a national spot light on Buffalo, which would help this franchise. Newton has a chance to be a star/face of the league, like Manning, Vick, Peterson, etc, especially after his college career, if he does well.

i don't feel that Fitz is a franchise QB, i think he is average, and much better than what we have had. i feel that we won't be picking this high again for a while, i see us in the 8-14 range in the coming years, so we need to take a QB now in such a good draft, and develop him with the team, so everyone is ready around the same time. i think if we focus on defense after the first round, mix in an OT somewhere, and we'll improve greatly.

i think i would lose faith in the front office is their plan was to move forward with Fitz for the next 5-8 years. we all know he will start at least next year. i know we will be taking a QB this year, i just hope it's at #3 and i hope it's Newton. we very well could have our choice of QB, none may be taken by #3. sorry for the rant.
I stopped reading after that sentence.

Why? Because it's most likely correct. And because it's correct, the only logical assumption to make is that the Panthers, picking #1, would take the best player in the draft at their spot.

They'll go through the process, but ultimately come to that very (correct) decision - Cam Newton is the best player on the board.

Fairley, Bowers, Green, etc. are all nice players, but this a QB-driven league, and for all the good reasons you mentioned, Newton will be highly coveted. In other words, if he's really viewed as a legitimate option at 3rd overall, surely the team at 1st overall will like him as well. You need to hope A.J. Green puts on 20 pounds and runs a 4.3 or Fairley has 5 sacks on Monday.

So essentially, the Luck decision may have screwed you guys up just as much as Carolina.

You guys are ******* cursed.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:05 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

My question is this:

There aren't any "top five" OT prospects, yet a guy like Solder is often mocked as a 15-25 pick.

What's the big difference? If a guy is pegged as a mid 1st rounder he won't be a franchise LT?

You know what I mean? If he's projected as a middle first rounder, obviously he's got the skills to be a starting LT. If you can get your starting LT at #3, why not pull the trigger? Obviously if you can trade down you do it, but if you feel a guy at #15 can play a great LT for you, why not take him at #3? People talk about "value" like it's objective. If he can come in and be a starting LT from day one (what you'd expect at #20), then what's wrong with taking him at #3? Passing on better overall football players? I guess...

Is Jake Long really THAT much better than Ryan Clady?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So essentially, the Luck decision may have screwed you guys up just as much as Carolina.

Not if the Bills get Luck at #1 in 2012.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Buffalo M
Rookie

Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm usually pretty open minded but the Bills need to start getting serious about building from the lines out. With guys like Fairley,Dareus, Bowers, Paea and a few others coming out, they need to land one of these guys and continue picks in their Front 7, which was bad beyond description.
Buffalo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Honestly, I'm really liking either AJ Green or Julio Jones, I think that both these guys are going to be elite at the next level.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
EndZoneDB
Rookie

EndZoneDB is a cocksman.EndZoneDB is a cocksman.EndZoneDB is a cocksman.

The way i see the QB possibilities at 3... it's either Newton or nobody. I don't see the love affair with Gabbert. He has size, and thats it. He hasn't won anything, and his stats are mediocre at best in that spread system.

I can see the Bills having Newton Ranked #3 overall... rather easily from a pure talent standpoint. I just am not sold on him from a maturity standpoint.

Regardless, everyday I change my mind on Newton. One day I love him, and the next I really don't like the idea.

I think in the end, they will go with either Marcel Darius or Nick Fairley. Both guys are scheme diverse, and fill a huge need. Not to mention, they seem to be consensus top 5 players regardless of who is ranking them.

The release of Marcus Stroud, and the fact we likely won't have Free Agency prior to the draft will put a premium on those 3/5 technique players since we seem to be pretty thin there right now.
EndZoneDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
EndZoneDB
Rookie

EndZoneDB is a cocksman.EndZoneDB is a cocksman.EndZoneDB is a cocksman.

One more thing... definitely don't rule out the possibility of Patrick Peterson at #3 as well.

He is probably the most athletic player in this draft. Terence McGee's injury history, Drayton Florence and Ashton Youboty are Free Agents, and the Buddy Nix proved he wasn't kidding around when he said he would take the best player available regardless of position.

It's highly likely that at #3 Peterson could be the highest rated player on our board.
EndZoneDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately, the Bills need someone to sell tickets which leads me to believe that either Newton or Gabbert will be the pick. Just have to wait till we see which ones shines at the Combine or his pro day.
I think the team is hoping its Newton because of his mouth but if Gabbert stays ahead of him then they will pick him.
You need a franchise QB to win in today's NFL and QB's sell tickets for 3 years even if they eventually flop.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darius (sp) is the right pick for you guys.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage View Post
Darius (sp) is the right pick for you guys.
Im not so sure right now if he makes it to us...

Deion Sanders
Old 05-12-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I stopped reading after that sentence.

Why? Because it's most likely correct. And because it's correct, the only logical assumption to make is that the Panthers, picking #1, would take the best player in the draft at their spot.

They'll go through the process, but ultimately come to that very (correct) decision - Cam Newton is the best player on the board.

Fairley, Bowers, Green, etc. are all nice players, but this a QB-driven league, and for all the good reasons you mentioned, Newton will be highly coveted. In other words, if he's really viewed as a legitimate option at 3rd overall, surely the team at 1st overall will like him as well. You need to hope A.J. Green puts on 20 pounds and runs a 4.3 or Fairley has 5 sacks on Monday.

I called Newton #1 in January... before the BCS Title game. Sorry.