Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was a pretty damn good episode. Loved the Hare Krishna stuff. I also really enjoyed Don this episode and the development of his character as well as his relationship with Megan. Maybe not one of the strongest episodes the show has done but I thought there were a ton of really great moments captured.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only explanation for the lengths Lane went to get money is that he's too proud and too old and stuffy as a British man to ask any of his rich partners for a loan, right?

That was rather lame.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
The only explanation for the lengths Lane went to get money is that he's too proud and too old and stuffy as a British man to ask any of his rich partners for a loan, right?

That was rather lame.
I will agree on that. I did not like how he went about getting the money at all. I know I am not supposed to like it but I just could not fully by that coming from him.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That was rather lame.
This was said in one of the reviews I read this morning, but seriously you couldn't just go to Don the master of secret keeping? Draper would make the UK gov't disappear with the tax issue.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Don you charming ************.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tonight is the night. I predict someone dies.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the first time I've ever watched Mad Men at its actual scheduled time. Watching commercials during it is very strange.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one is going to die this season.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fantastic episode.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Damn, that was good.

I had been waiting for an agency-centric episode for a long time. This one stuck to business-related things, and it killed.

Also, I'm pleased that the show took after Breaking Bad here and didn't drag out the Jaguar preparations and verdict. Great shows approach momentous plot points with fury and then move on to something equally interesting.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
No one is going to die this season.
Haha, Matthew Weiner did the fakeout at the end with Peggy and the ominous elevator shaft.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
This is the first time I've ever watched Mad Men at its actual scheduled time. Watching commercials during it is very strange.
It's better with the commercials, IMO. Gives you time to process the show in progress.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear to god if all that death build-up **** leads to nothing I am done with this show. It was a great episode though. Loved the ending scene with Don and Peggy.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Campbell Holloway.

They're gonna need a bigger door.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

So it just dawned on me (the intention of the pun is up to your interpretation) that Don has developed into the 'moral compass' of the office.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Joan has a price. Peggy doesn't.

That's a pretty skillful way to revisit the differences between the two female leads on this show.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

I honestly thought Joan was above doing something like that.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I still think Lane kills himself. Now that Joan is a partner, he's more irrelevant than Roger is.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I honestly thought Joan was above doing something like that.
Joan is above doing that and Peggy will never leave Don...
Old 05-27-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I wonder how pissed off Lincoln is to be paying major advertising dollars to air commercials during Mad Men with John Slattery endorsing them, only to have the plot of the show now prominently featuring Jaguar cars.

haha
Old 05-27-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I wonder how pissed off Lincoln is to be paying major advertising dollars to air commercials during Mad Men with John Slattery endorsing them, only to have the plot of the show now prominently featuring Jaguar cars.

haha
Jon Hamm narrates the Benz ads that come on during the show too haha.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:

haha
Ford doesn't care, they own both car companies.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Ford doesn't care, they own both car companies.
Ford doesn't own Jaguar as of 2008ish.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

I shouldn't even bother watching these post-episode previews for the next week. Each scene they show is completely irrelevant.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I shouldn't even bother watching these post-episode previews for the next week. Each scene they show is completely irrelevant.
Weiner's trolling with those ads.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote