Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Maybe they'll leave us with a scene where Betty isn't a *****. Now there's a cliffhanger. I honestly would not be surprised if some else dies. Maybe Glen and Pete have a drag race. These are the only things I can imagine.
Ha 1st thing I thought of when she showed up "well Betty is still a *****"

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is pretty cool: http://culture.wnyc.org/articles/fea...-city-mad-men/
Old 06-05-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like we've seen the last of Peggy.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Sounds like we've seen the last of Peggy.
It's all hearsay. Kenny Cosgrove left for half a season and came fully back.

But they need to flesh out Ginsberg's character soon. And by soon, I mean, they already should have because Sunday is the goddamn finale.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ginsberg is alright but I'm ******* thrilled that Cosgrove is finally gonna be a main character, always loved him

Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Ginsberg is alright but I'm ******* thrilled that Cosgrove is finally gonna be a main character, always loved him
Assuming that's where this is heading ... If Peggy's departure or demotion to a part-time role means more screen time for Ginsberg and Ken, then I'm OK with that.

I'd love to see Roger quietly grooming Ken the way he never would with Pete.

Also, I demand more Dave Algonquin/Ben Hargrove narration.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This may sound like a dumb question, but does anyone think it's remotely possible Layne's death wasn't a suicide? I know it seems unlikely especially with the way the door was, but something is a little fishy in the way it all went down. The fact he actually typed out his resignation seems a little weird. I know it's a longshot, but I think it could have been murder.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
This may sound like a dumb question, but does anyone think it's remotely possible Layne's death wasn't a suicide? I know it seems unlikely especially with the way the door was, but something is a little fishy in the way it all went down. The fact he actually typed out his resignation seems a little weird. I know it's a longshot, but I think it could have been murder.
Less than a zero percent chance.

Typing his resignation letter still fits exactly with his character and his stuffy, old, British, too proud, sad sack, ways. It's also a backhanded, "**** you," to Don that adds insult to his suicide.

Would anyone ever attempt to kill themself but have it fail, only to have someone else stage a second suicide attempt after killing them? Did Lane have enemies?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Pete was his enemy, they didn't ever recover from that fight. Why would anyone say **** you to a guy doing the right thing when it was his fault? I just think that there were some holes in his approach, but then again I've never understood suicide. Just an idea.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I think Pete was his enemy, they didn't ever recover from that fight. Why would anyone say **** you to a guy doing the right thing when it was his fault? I just think that there were some holes in his approach, but then again I've never understood suicide. Just an idea.
Lane was under-appreciated and wanted more respect, dignity and acceptance from the rest of the partners. He just wasn't willing to ask for it and he wasn't a prick about it like Pete so overtly is.

Imagine the consequences of Lane killing himself in a Jaguar after the firm landed the account. If word got out of that, it'd sink the relationship with the client.

This is not the type of show to introduce a crazy whodunit or a conspiracy theory.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Landing Jaguar and Dow Chemical at once, while losing Lane and Peggy is a big enough impact as a cliffhanger for the company.

The truer cliffhanger will probably have something to do with Megan and Don.
Why not both? What if Megan gets a part somewhere and she's forced to leave for several months? Don lands both Jaguar and Dow Chemical but loses Peggy, Lane and Megan. This season started off with Don not caring about much his work and putting more of an emphasis on his relationships (Megan in particular). Throughout the season the pendulum has kinda swung the other way so it would be interesting to see him gain all this success in the business world but lose those relationships.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not expecting something crazy or a huge shakeup in this season's finale. It's gonna be like Breaking Bad last season where you just got bombarded with wild **** in the last 2-3 episodes.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random interesting facts about the show;

http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjeffe...d-men-that-wil

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Random interesting facts about the show;

http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjeffe...d-men-that-wil
Quote:
"Mad Men" was originally pitched to HBO and they turned it down.

All dat potential nudity...

Old 06-10-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Finale tonight. Hoping for a great cliffhanger to end the season.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get your mind right!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"What's a Regina?" was excellent.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Wow! That was almost as underwhelming as Tomorrowland! They should have put Fees and Commissions as the last episode. Breaking Bad can start any day now.

There were some great aspects though. Roger's ass and the dogs being the best.

Last edited by Vikes99ej : 06-10-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Such a great season and they end it with what was easily the weakest episode.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Such a great season and they end it with what was easily the weakest episode.
A lot of people are fawning over the symbolism towards the end, but I thought the final scene with Don and the chicks was just a repeat of the ending of The Gypsy and the Hobo.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I really liked the end sequence starting with Peggy saying "That's what happens when you help someone, they succeed and move on" to Don helping Megan and then the bar scene

shame there was no Cosgrove or anything at all with Dow

Old 06-11-2012, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually really enjoyed that episode. Maybe not at strong as last weeks but I just really like the direction this show has taken. I loved the season overall and next season should be even better.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:30 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

I thought it was a great episode. If it didn't have the expectations of a finale no one would be complaining. I guess it was a tad disappointing that there was no big, splash moment but we kinda knew that already happened last week with Lane (and arguably the episode before as well with Peggy and Jaguar). Overall, I loved this season. Thought it was bold season and was really stood out from all the other seasons. Can't wait to see where next season goes.

*also, was that blonde chick at the end who was trying to hook her friend up with Don Megan's actress friend from earlier who she screwed over?

*also, this...

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-11-2012 at 10:55 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:34 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

The girl at the end looked exactly like Joy. Joy was soooooooooo fine. She needs to come back.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Not the best season finale. I didn't expect something big after last week's death, but this episode was a bit too scattered. There was too much going on.

I enjoyed the hallucinogenic return of Adam, but it was basically the same damn thing as episode four when Don's flu made him imagine the stalker woman. How many more ailments can Don have that allow the writers to create moments in his head like that?