Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
He turned two in the middle of Season 4. There was an episode where Don went to his party. "The Summer Man" I think.

Season 4 ended Oct. 1965, and Season 5 is expected to begin toward the end of 1966.
Ok I thought that was his first birthday. Yeah I said earlier that was my favorite episode haha. I was just wondering if he'll ever become important. I expect not.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Ok I thought that was his first birthday. Yeah I said earlier that was my favorite episode haha. I was just wondering if he'll ever become important. I expect not.
I HOPE not. haha

Sally is the only one who holds any appeal to the narrative of the show, mostly because of how good of an actress Kiernan Shipka is. They struck gold casting that girl.

As for Bobby, this season will feature a fourth different actor playing the role. Haha
Old 03-21-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I HOPE not. haha

Sally is the only one who holds any appeal to the narrative of the show, mostly because of how good of an actress Kiernan Shipka is. They struck gold casting that girl.

As for Bobby, this season will feature a fourth different actor playing the role. Haha
I think Betty and Henry will end up splitting up, I think the kids will be important for that reason on top of Sally's ascension and the fact they like Megan. Henry is already getting sick of Betty and they're a year in so I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 03-21-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The show has been completely mum on everything this season, but I will not at all if Don and Megan are not married when the season opens. They got engaged, not married. There's plenty of chance for Don to change his impulsive mind.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The show has been completely mum on everything this season, but I will not at all if Don and Megan are not married when the season opens. They got engaged, not married. There's plenty of chance for Don to change his impulsive mind.
I'll actually be more surprised if they are married to be honest.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

I guess I could see that as well. She would be weird as his wife. I also think Betty and Don are going to hook up. Why didn't you stay with Joy you asshole?! Jk, love you Donny.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 03-21-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'll actually be more surprised if they are married to be honest.
Exactly. The expected 1-year advance in time from S4 to S5 makes for tricky storytelling. Extensive flashbacks wouldn't exactly be ideal and a lot of stuff was going on.

(That said, I know they've successfully gotten around such a time jump before).
Old 03-21-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I love how I know virtually nothing about Season 5 right now. I'm happy there have been no spoilers or Season 5 clips in the promos.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So glad I watched the entire series in time to catch the premiere of season 5. Can't wait til Sunday thats for sure.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:57 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I love how I know virtually nothing about Season 5 right now. I'm happy there have been no spoilers or Season 5 clips in the promos.
I'd knock on wood just in case a new promo comes out that gives something away.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 03-22-2012, 02:22 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if it does you ***** better put it it spoilers

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is ready for some ******* Mad Men?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:10 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Hell yeah, I've cleared my schedule!

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 03-25-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

OK, let's make some predictions:

Did Joan keep the baby?

Did SCDP shut down?

Are Don and Megan married?

Are Roger and Jane still married?

Will Greg die in Vietnam?

Is Sally still in therapy?

Is Carla back?

Is Bert Cooper back working with Roger, Don, etc?

Is Peggy a full-blown member of Bohemian society?

Does Don still live in his apartment on Waverly?

What did I miss?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK, let's make some predictions:

Did Joan keep the baby? - NO

Did SCDP shut down? - NO

Are Don and Megan married? - NO

Are Roger and Jane still married? - YES

Will Greg die in Vietnam? - YES

Is Sally still in therapy? - YES

Is Carla back? - NO, maybe with Don if Megan & him are married and get the kids

Is Bert Cooper back working with Roger, Don, etc? - YES

Is Peggy a full-blown member of Bohemian society? - NOT QUITE

Does Don still live in his apartment on Waverly? - NO. HE WILL HAVE A MORE BALLER PLACE SOMEWHERE, MARRIED OR NOT.

What did I miss?
Answers in all caps above
Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Rob, you went with the safe answers on all of them, haha.

Imagine if they were all reversed. CHAOS, haha
Old 03-25-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Rob, you went with the safe answers on all of them, haha.

Imagine if they were all reversed. CHAOS, haha
Haha, that would be chaos.....probably too much chaos. I could see the season opening with Don and Megan finalizing a divorce.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Megan but Don is Don so he has to be single

Best case scenario is that they are in an open marriage haha
Old 03-25-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Haha, that would be chaos.....probably too much chaos. I could see the season opening with Don and Megan finalizing a divorce.
Nah, I'd be shocked if we never get to see Don and Megan's actual marriage (if there is one).

More likely is they've just been engaged this whole time than married and on the rocks.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I envision a scenario where Sally and Bobby get VERY attached to Megan and Don feels genuinely guilty if he breaks it off with her for his children's sake.

But I think Megan will play a prominent role this season. Word is, January Jones isn't in this season much because of her real-life pregnancy.

I would like for this season to be less focused on Don's love life and more on the agency/business end of things. Or with his kids.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm giddy.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wish I had money to keep up my tradition of drinking whisky whenever Don does. Ah well, should be an incredible episode.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

We are so close now.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Here's my predictions:

Did Joan keep the baby?
Yes

Did SCDP shut down?
No

Are Don and Megan married?
Yes

Are Roger and Jane still married?
Yes

Will Greg die in Vietnam?
Yes, early in the season

Is Sally still in therapy?
No

Is Carla back?
No

Is Bert Cooper back working with Roger, Don, etc?
Yes, but he will die at the end of the season.

Is Peggy a full-blown member of Bohemian society?
For the most part

Does Don still live in his apartment on Waverly?
No

Will Duck Phillips return?
Surprisingly, no.

Will Creepy Glenn return?
In some capacity, yes.

Will we see any of Don's former mistresses/flings?
No more random returns for Midge. But Faye will be back with her mafia father.

Will Betty get pregnant this season?
Yes, miscarriage.

Will Pete wear a suit that isn't blue?
Not in this lifetime or the next!

Will Don's true identity be learned by anyone new?
Yes. Guessing Peggy.

Will the 4th Bobby Draper be better than the 3rd Bobby Draper?
Indubitably.

Will Conrad Hilton return?
YES!

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-25-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

i'm giddy.
This scene gives me chills every time.