Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 08-17-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation 2010 Weekly prospect standouts: FR-SR

I know it is a little early but caught a few bowl games of last season in 10, thought I would talk about a few prospects. Like years past, it is just a place to discuss prospects, especially the lesser known ones or the ones not even found yet.

*Marcellis Williamson JR DT Ohio: A very impressive inside tackle, built low to the ground but carries a large frame at 6-1 340. He has far better conditioning when compared to Terrance Cody of last year, and he is a player to really watch out for in the future.

*Chaz Powell JR CB Penn State: Moved over from receiver, could be a real game changer for them at corner. Very fluid athlete, could be a fine ball hawk when it is all said and done, just clearly needs to improve his toughness if he wants to be a star at that position.

*Zach Pianalto SR TE UNC: A very fine tight end prospect, reminds me a lot of an H-back, can block pretty well, is thick and strong but also has good hands catching the football. Could play a few positions at the next level, is a very solid talent.

*Noah Keller JR ILB Ohio: Another star Bobcat, very solid inside linebacker, fills the hole well and is stout at the point of attack. Could be a great inside linebacker prospect when it is all said and done.

*Chris Bowers SOPH C Marshall: A very physically strong center, very good at the point of attack and carries a thick frame with him. Should only improve in time and is mobile but needs to improve his quickness a little.

*Gerald Hodges SOPH OLB Penn State: Another potential star for Penn State, really quick linebacker, has a good build and can really run in the open field. Will be very interesting to see how he does in their system.

*Damien Berry SR RB Miami FL: A very decent prospect and could have a real breakout year for the Canes. Much stronger runner than Cooper, has decent quickness and speed, will be very interesting to see how he performs this season.

*Mario Harvey SR OLB Marshall: A very small linebacker but he is extremely strong, runs great in the open field and can really get off blocks. May not be a star but potentially he could be a dangerous player on the football field if given a chance.

I have done this for the past two years, below you can see the links to those threads, always has been fun so thought I would do it again this year. Enjoy!

Old 08-17-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's cool looking at the 2009 and 2008 ones, this really is a great thread to have. It also means it's almost that time of the year again.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only guy I can comment on is Damien Berry. He is an absolute beast and very underrated. One of the other 'Canes fans compared him to Frank Gore and he was spot on. I expect Berry to get the majority of the carries of what looks like to be a crowded backfield. By draft day, I expect him to have a 3rd-4th round value.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only guy I can comment on is Damien Berry. He is an absolute beast and very underrated. One of the other 'Canes fans compared him to Frank Gore and he was spot on. I expect Berry to get the majority of the carries of what looks like to be a crowded backfield. By draft day, I expect him to have a 3rd-4th round value.
Not sure he has Gore leg strength, Gore has tree trunks for legs. But Berry again is by far more strong and can break more tackles than Cooper can, and I agree he should get most of the carries.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chaz Powell came to Penn State as a DB. The reason why he got moved to WR is because he had bad hips. I don't think those hips have gotten any better, but we needed depth there and I'm sure he'd fit the bill of a PSU corner.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally some Pianalto love haha.. he will most likely be a TE in the NFL but you are right he does mutiple things well.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Chaz Powell came to Penn State as a DB. The reason why he got moved to WR is because he had bad hips. I don't think those hips have gotten any better, but we needed depth there and I'm sure he'd fit the bill of a PSU corner.
You mean when the players biggest contribution to the defense is graduating?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
You mean when the players biggest contribution to the defense is graduating?
Yeah, basically what I meant. He's fast and seems to be agressive. Should be a good fit in the Cover 3 we always run.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Yeah, basically what I meant. He's fast and seems to be agressive. Should be a good fit in the Cover 3 we always run.
Lol, I don't remember who said it, but it was a couple years ago and someone said it about Lydell Sargent I believe. I thought it was hilarious...
Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Lol, I don't remember who said it, but it was a couple years ago and someone said it about Lydell Sargent I believe. I thought it was hilarious...
Yeah, Sarge sucked.

About Hodges, I believe he has the most potential of all our LBs. He's a future AA IMO.

Fortt-Hull-Hodges is going to be a sick LB core in a few years.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Off of coverage of Big Ten practices.

*William Gholston FR OLB Michigan State: Should be an absolute star, huge man at 6-7 250, can easily move down to defensive end in time. Massive kid, big and strong, wonderful wing span and should just dominate at Michigan State and really help that roster. He should be a big time star.

*Dennis Kelly JR OT Purdue: Big kid, love his size at tackle, still has a lot to prove but potentially he could be an outstanding pass protector, will be interesting to see how he does during the season.

*Mikel Leshoure JR RB Illinois: Should have a real breakout year for them, big back, powerful and has speed when he gets in the open. Illinois is focusing more on the run and are playing more of a power game so will be fun to watch him get the ball more and change that teams identity.

*Jeff Allen JR OT Illinois: I liked him last year, still looking good, big strong kid, good run blocker and good feet in pass protection, should be the best player in a much improved offensive line.

I was very impressed with new Illinois offensive coordinator Paul Petrino. He coaches with great energy and appears to be switching the offensive to more of a power game. Should be fun to watch because they already have great running backs in Leshoure and Ford. Will be interesting to watch how they do on the field.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Petrino looked like he was trying to overcoach a bunch of players that don't like to be coached.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chaz Powell won't be anything more than a nickel guy. He's an athlete that just isn't a football player.

Hodges has a better than average chance at ending the season as a starter.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Another wonderful season has started, here are a few thoughts so far this week, a lot of talent players showed up this weekend, more to come after I watch the rest of the tapes.

Week 1A: Prospect standouts

*Marcus Lattimore FR RB South Carolina: Big time running back, huge powerful kid, good between the tackles and is just a flat out tank, easily one of the most impressive running backs physically in the entire nation. He is absolutely worth all of the hype he has been getting.

*Devon Ramsey JR FB UNC: I love that full back, big kid, very athlete, can make plays if he gets the ball. Just a fine athlete, rare player at the full back position and I bet a lot of NFL teams want him on their roster. He could probably start right now on a few pro teams at full back.

*Marc Tyler SR RB USC: Very impressive, was always talented and always at the middle or near the top of his class because of his potential. Nice to see him showing it on the field, has gotten a lot stronger and is hard to bring down, easily one of the better senior running backs around.

*Ed Wesley SOPH CB TCU: Big time playmaker in space, very good in the open field, can make people miss and has a great flow to his running style, very effortless.

*Akeem Auguste JR FS South Carolina: Had a big time game at safety, great in the open field tackling, looks like he made the right switch moving to safety, he could be a star back their and develop into a really good player.

*Janoris Jenkins JR CB Florida: Outstanding game, showed unusual toughness and tackling ability, made plays all over the field and is clearly one of the elite of that great junior class of corners.

*Quenton Coples JR DE UNC: Big strong kid, love his size and has pretty good quickness at the point of attack, he is a great looking prospect.

*Devon Kennard SOPH ILB USC: Flat out amazing speed on the football field, cannot wait to see what Monte can do with him as a inside linebacker. However he did make some mistakes in that game but his speed is just amazing at this point.

*Bryant Moniz JR QB Hawaii: Played amazing at quarterback, tough kid, has confidence, is not afraid of anything and throws a really nice ball. Gets it out of his hands quickly, is a decent athlete and overall just a really impressive player. Cannot wait to see what he can do the rest of the season.

*Jake Kirkpatrick SR C TCU: Played very good against Paea on Oregon State, held his own at the point of attack, can get down field and block and is very solid as a run blocker, easily one of the best centers in the nation.

*Ronald Johnson SR WR USC: Looked outstanding, was smooth, quick in and out of his cuts and caught the ball effortlessly. A lot better start to his season than last year when that injury kept him out for awhile, really smooth looking receiver.

*Cierre Wood SOPH RB Notre Dame: Showed some big play potential at running back, something Notre Dame has not had in what seems like forever. Will be interesting to watch him progress.

*Alshon Jeffery SOPH WR South Carolina: Clearly the best in his class and one of the best in the nation. Probably is one of the best in the air, jump ball receivers in the country. Has just amazing hands, can catch everything.

*Jeremy Kerley SR WR TCU: Big time playmaker in the open field, electric with the ball, can really break it and make big plays. Love his return potential and is not a bad receiver either.

*Damario Jeffery SOPH OLB South Carolina: Played well, was all over the field making tackles, very fast kid and always seems to be around the ball.

*Jaye Howard JR DT Florida: Impressive at times for Florida, really did well getting into the backfield and is by far one of the most talented defensive tackles in a weak junior class of tackles.

*Wayne Daniels SR DE TCU: Showed great effort off the edge, pass rushed consistently like all Horned Frog rushes do. Will be interesting to see where he ends up at the next level potentially, a lot like Hughes of last year just not as athletic.

*Ahmad Black SR SS Florida: Outstanding safety, was great last year and is even better this year, all over the field making plays. He has fine open field speed and really good toughness for his size.

*Ace Sanders FR WR South Carolina: Big time freshman receiver, has great quickness, and makes very big plays with the ball in his hands. He should have a monster year for South Carolina and is the exact receiver they need to be a great offense.

*Ryan Katz JR QB Oregon State: Very impressed with him at quarterback, very calm in the pocket, throws the ball quite well. Has decent accuracy, and is very under control on the field. Fine looking quarterback prospect for the Beavers and he should be a good one.

*Jheraine Boyd SOPH WR UNC: Clearly a breakout game for him against some hyped LSU defensive backs. Really ran well and could get open down the field and made huge plays. Should be another fine speedy receiver to come out of North Carolina, and should complement Little really well as the season goes on.

*Stephon Gilmore SOPH CB South Carolina: Everyone knows him by now, just a great corner and one could argue he might be the best in the country, even better than Peterson at LSU, just an outstanding prospect.

*Bruce Carter SR OLB UNC: Physically he looks like a 1st round pick at outside linebacker. Very strong kid, runs great on the field and is getting stronger at the point of attack and getting off blocks. To me he looks by far better and stronger than last season.

*Khaled Holmes SOPH OG USC: A great wide body, still has a lot to improve on but he can move people in the run game and played pretty solid, will see how he develops over time.

*Ed Braham SR TE UNC: Always loved his size and toughness as a blocking tight end, does not disappoint and in that regard he is a very sound player and one of the better blocking tight ends around.

*TJ Yates SR QB UNC: Extremely impressive game as a leader for UNC, played well with the odds against him, made some very smart throws and got into the end zone throwing on time and accurate balls. Very solid game for him and he did impress.

*Shareece Wright SR CB USC: That defensive secondary got rocked, but I loved some of the ball skills Wright showed in that game. Very active and was wonderful in coverage at times, too bad same cannot be said for the team.

*TJ McDonald SOPH FS USC: Loved his speed on the field, big rangy kid but really needs to improve his tackling ability, is just a project potentially right now but has great speed and range so far.

*Tank Carder JR ILB TCU: Tough linebacker, hits hard and tackles hard. Should be a fine player and could develop into a really productive linebacker in time, never can have enough players that tackle as aggressively like he does.

*Robert Woods FR WR USC: He should be a pretty solid receiver for USC in the future, good quickness and can make plays with the ball in his hands. Unlike many of the other young receivers for USC, Woods is a player with play making potential.

*Tre Boston FR CB UNC: I like his range as a safety that he showed, was not great but in the future he is one to watch develop for sure.

*Jason Teague SR CB TCU: Big tall corner, can run well and is in the right position a lot of the time, will be a decent late round prospect potentially or a UDFA type player.

*Braylon Broughton JR DE TCU: Love his size at defensive end, big long kid, great potential because of that size and is already a decent pass rusher off the edge that plays hard.

*Stansly Maponga FR DE TCU: Impressive young pass rusher, good getting under the tackle and getting by him with his speed. Pretty strong at the point of attack and could develop into a star for TCU.

Disappointments
Jordan Jefferson JR QB LSU: Just awful at quarterback, he did nothing all second half against all backup defensive backs for UNC. Did not look under control, did not lead his football team well and simply was just looking for big play or no play. Did not do the little things right, very disappointed in his development as a quarterback based off that game.

DeAndre Brown JR WR Southern Miss: In terms of body language what a joke, did not give much effort and everyone watching could see it. Against the top like players he did nothing but late he played well against backups. Just a big tall kid, and rarely do those guys play well in the NFL unless they are great athletes, he is not, he is slow and lazy. Very disappointed in this so called freak from Southern Miss.

Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps WR/RB Florida: Clearly Tebow was a huge reason for their success. Without the power run option from the quarterback position those two players are just simply not effective. Demps if he gets touched he is down, and Rainey in the open field is ok but he is so small and just simply not very strong. That run game for Florida clearly had everything to do with Tebow. Odd thing is the have some supposedly good offensive linemen back, but regardless if you do not have a running quarterback in that offense it completely shuts down. Kind of good to see those two players for who they really are, not elite NFL talents what so ever.

Last edited by Ozzy : 09-07-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denard Robinson puts together a 383-yard effort against a team that's supposed to be a top dog in the Big East and can't crack this list. This must be one hell of an exclusive list.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Denard Robinson puts together a 383-yard effort against a team that's supposed to be a top dog in the Big East and can't crack this list. This must be one hell of an exclusive list.
Hahaha yeah right, clearly that was impressive but I have not watched that tape just yet, should do that either today or tomorrow and add to that list, plus the games on today.

But yes obviously that is impressive, but in terms of NFL prospects, not that impressive because what are the chances he does that in the NFL? Sure maybe be a Randle El type player but let us first see if he can even come close to what Randle El did on Indiana. Hell Pat White got cut by the Dolphins and he was a decent quarterback come his senior season, how would Robinson make a team then if Pat White gets cut by a team that runs the "Wild Cat"? Clearly it would be as a slot receiver, but yes in terms of Michigan football that was a great game against a always solid and consistent UCONN team.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
how would Robinson make a team then if Pat White gets cut by a team that runs the "Wild Cat"?
Because they're not the same player?
Old 09-06-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Craig Roh looked good for Michigan, he has a ton of range and speed off the edge if not a lot of go-to moves. He could down the road be in that Mark Herzlich mold the way he is used.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I thought Craig Roh looked good for Michigan, he has a ton of range and speed off the edge if not a lot of go-to moves. He could down the road be in that Mark Herzlich mold the way he is used.
Roh loves the spin move. He's pretty effective with it, but his best asset is his speed. He looks like he can still move well despite the added weight.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How in the HELL is Kenjon Barner not on this list? 150 yards and 5 TD's (1 rec) and 1 rec for 60 yards. He showed crazy balance and could be a dominant 3rd down back.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Duffman57 How in the HELL is Kenjon Barner not on this list? 150 yards and 5 TD's (1 rec) and 1 rec for 60 yards. He showed crazy balance and could be a dominant 3rd down back.
I try to watch as many games as possible but sorry could not catch all 50+ games this weekend, maybe next weekend huh?

As for Barner, I along with many others I am sure were fully aware of his abilities after the Rose Bowl. Sure it was a great game, but know what is not great, New Mexico's defense.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I try to watch as many games as possible but sorry could not catch all 50+ games this weekend, maybe next weekend huh?

As for Barner, I along with many others I am sure were fully aware of his abilities after the Rose Bowl. Sure it was a great game, but know what is not great, New Mexico's defense.
Huh? He didn't do much in the Rose bowl. Your thinkin of LaMichael James who was suspended for this game. Barner is his backup (but i think he's their ST's back)

Yah its not exactly amazing to do it against New Mexico, but its certainly a very good game.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 1B: Prospect Standouts

*Perry Dorrestein SR OT Michigan: Love that kids size at tackle, huge man and really moves well on the football field. Is one of the better lineman on a very solid Michigan offensive front. Be interesting to see how his stock skyrockets this year potentially.

*Kellen Moore JR QB Boise State: Sure what have you done lately, the given pick but seriously is this kid a legit NFL prospect or what? Proven leader, proven field general, does not take sacks, has nice touch and accuracy. Only difference between him and the #1 pick Bradford is that Bradford is taller and supposedly more "athletic", but end of the day Moore might not be just a system quarterback. Great performance by him.

*Davon Morgan SR FS Virginia Tech: Very impressed with him at safety, made some flat out sick plays on the ball in the air, wonderful anticipation skills show and ball skills shown. Do not remember much from him in years previous but he really stood out and played tall in a young and below average Virginia Tech defense.

*Billy Winn JR DT Boise State: Was a terror at times rushing the passer, played on the inside but could clearly potentially be a DE in a 3/4. Seems to have very good quickness and pass rushing ability with a solid frame, very fine looking defensive lineman.

*Adrian Moten SR OLB Maryland: Nothing amazing but did play with great emotion on the field and has always been a very solid and stout athlete at linebacker. He can run and hit well in the open field.

*Omar Hunter SOPH DT Florida: I like him at tackle, quick athlete, built low to the ground and gets consistent pressure on the quarterback, will be interesting to watch him this season.

*Wyatt Middleton SR SS Navy: How knows if he will play football later in life but he is one hell of a tackler. Might have trouble in coverage, but as an open field tackler he is really solid and makes a lot of plays. Think of him as a special teams guy and a project, might be worth it possibly.

*Mike Daniels JR DT Iowa: They have another fine defensive lineman, Daniels shows good ability at tackle, makes plays and gives good effort. They always seem to have depth and talent on that defensive line and he will be the next potential star for them.

*Doug Martin JR RB Boise State: Really got a lot strong since last year, now he looks like a tank on the field. Was great as a freshman and should be just as good this year, good tough runner with a lot of ability.

*Marcus Davis SOPH WR Virginia Tech: Just as an athlete at receiver he really did stand out, did not do much but physically he is one to really pay attention to down the road.

*Nate Potter JR OT Boise State: Everyone talks about him, clearly got beat a few times early but one could argue he was playing out of position. Came back strong though and clearly his potential is based on his size and good athletic ability.

*Alex Wujciak SR ILB Maryland: He gets a lot of talk, I did not think he was dominating in a run first game, but is a decent player and probably will be a late round draft pick. He has good size and instincts it seems.

*Tommy Gallarda SR TE Boise State: Love his size at tight end and like all Boise tight ends he can get down the field and make plays in the passing game, decent prospect at that position.

*Patrick Omameh SOPH OG Michigan: Another Michigan lineman with good speed and athletic ability, still has things to improve on but he is a very solid player that could be really good down the road.

*David Molk SOPH C Michigan: Very impressed with him at center, good athlete and very stout at the point of attack.

*David Wilson SOPH RB Virginia Tech: Did not do much but he really great open field speed and could be a special player in the future. Sadly when would he get the ball with those fine running backs ahead of him.

*Jarrett Boykin JR WR Virginia Tech: I like how he played, has fine hands and I like how aggressive he attack the football and how purposeful he was after he got the ball and started to turn up field. He is a moderately good receiver prospect.

*Sean McClellin JR DE Boise State: Was very solid off the edge rushing the passer. Provided consistent pressure and is a player to watch develop in the future.

Note:
Mike Pouncey SR C Florida: I have never seen anything like that, his game against Miami OH I bet he had like 10-15 poor snaps in the shot gun. He was just awful. Oddly the kid is a beast just like his brother and could be a star in the NFL at guard. I know why they put him at center though at Florida, his speed provides more pop to that run game as a pulling center. Still and outsanding player and prospect I feel and that is really saying something after how awful he played at center snapping the football. Physically though the kid is huge, fast and can punish people as a blocker. Please Florida move him back to guard and let him just be a beast as a blocker, obviously is not a natural center at this point.

Last edited by Ozzy : 09-07-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

*Kellen Moore JR QB Boise State: Sure what have you done lately, the given pick but seriously is this kid a legit NFL prospect or what? Proven leader, proven field general, does not take sacks, has nice touch and accuracy. Only difference between him and the #1 pick Bradford is that Bradford is taller and supposedly more "athletic", but end of the day Moore might not be just a system quarterback. Great performance by him.
Arm Strength.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
gpngc
Quote:

Arm Strength.
Maybe, but I was never a Sam Bradford fan what so ever. Maybe he is great in the NFL, I do not know yet but I was never a fan of him and really the main reason he got drafted so high was because he was a good kid, good leader, hard worker, studied hard and did not make mistakes. He was a game manager and leader on the field. What I am saying is Kellen Moore is just like that, but he is not 6-4, if he was people would be saying and talking about how high of a draft pick he could become. As for Bradford I never thought he had some rocket arm in college at all. I remember on here when Stafford was at Georgia everyone was ripping him apart and everyone said Bradford had just as good of an arm as Stafford did. That is a joke, Stafford has an arm, but I would not say Bradford got drafted #1 because of his cannon for an arm, it is what else he brings to the table. And again I am saying Moore brings those exact same things. But one could get him in what the 2nd or 3rd round if people sleep on him when he comes out as a senior? Would be pretty nice for whoever gets him potentially.